Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

Anyone else getting insta spawning sharks when they try to rescue crewmen?

Every single time I get a crewmen.. sharks instantly spawn next to them and kill them.  Even if i use the dingy.. or diving suit.

• Thanks 1

Yep, has been going on for a good long while now. We usually make sure to pull up alongside them with the diving platform. Hit E to recruit and immediately pinwheel them to the ship. Occasionally you will get one that is buggy and jumps back in the water, but it is a much better rate of success than trying to recruit them all and swim back on board with them. Those are some amazing, magical sharks though. Every time you touch water the dinner bell has been rung. They may have upped the time you get to recover the boxes from SoD kills, but by the time you stop a galleon in a decent fight, turn it around, and get to the box the crewmen have been a tasty snack. I have started just stopping the boat, taking the beating and blowing up the SoD in place. Sure it costs more in repair mats and risk, but I get crew when I want fairly easily.

Yeh i managed to kill one of them then another appeared.. i have same issue with crew, sometimes i send to ship and they just exit follow and stay treading water etc.. its annoying.. but i got the crew eventually from other sotds.  We just went into golden isles and 2 sotd fleets waiting 3 gallys 3 brigs and scho.. was fun. 

• Like 1

I get insta sharks within 30 seconds of touching water.

The amount of sharks and the frequency at which they appear is absolutely fucking nuts.

And always a nice touch to have them push you off ladders, too.

Since ladders are working so fine already and they hardly ever glitch, right?

• Like 1

The mechanics to successfully retrieve crew are there even with a bunch of sharks.

It helps me to have my ladder right next to the crew in the water, jump in with diving suit on, recruit crew, immediately get on ladder and go up fast (hit x whole climbing ladder to get suit off and move faster) run quick to front of ship.....PROFIT!

What should happen, is you click em to rescue, they swim to the ship.

If you're on the dingy, they swim to the dingy, mount a rowing spot and assist you by copying your rowing movements.

Unfortunately.. the game was made by grapecard. So instead.. the ai does nothing. Useful, except shoot fish..