Sign in to follow this  
Pete Rottedtoof

Hate to say it but single player is rocking my world

The five guys I've been playing ARK with forever stopped playing Atlas after The Wipe...  Been playing solo since but with a defunct company name; first letter not capitalized to top it off.   

Saying 'hello' to a complete stranger in the middle of nowhere will keep me coming back.

Admittedly I haven't played the single player but how do you talk to strangers in the middle of nowhere if its singleplayer? 

2 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

Admittedly I haven't played the single player but how do you talk to strangers in the middle of nowhere if its singleplayer? 

Although he says single player in the title, he says he's been playing solo since the wipe. I suspect maybe he actually just means playing solo online instead of actual single player.

Ah, right. The thread title and what he posted made little sense together to me.

Sorry guys, had a belly full of ale and after typing a few lines decided nobody cares anyway.  Yes, I've been playing solo on NA PVE since day after wipe...  Day of wipe the usual tribe/clan/company/etc leader logged in long enough to build a 4x4 straw hut in M3 and log back in when I was there to join "coffee Company".  Oddly enough there is no coffee in the game but I sure get asked to sell some often.  Love that and it will keep me coming back, along with feeding all the critters I have in outposts around the world expecting friends to come back.

Anyway, I scoffed at single player at first.  Been playing online games forever, maxed out first credit card on The ImagiNation Network at $3 per hour.  Not having to carry around a couple turds to eat when malnutrition sets-in is almost worth the solitude...  Almost.

• Like 1