Sign in to follow this  
Whitehawk

Furniture?

I been playing for quite some time now and love the building side of the game prob more than any other aspect,especially building the ships.But I'm just building a new base and wandering around inside is a bit disappointing,looks great on the outside but there is just a massive space inside,so I'm asking is furnishings a possibility for the game?not asking for sims or house flipper content but a few rugs carpets,maybe golden age of piracy period desks, lamps etc.what dyu say guys and gals?I'll ask nicely,please?

• Like 3

Furniture is the kind of non functional polish items you’d see added normally towards the end of a game’s development cycle, once all the nuts and bolts have been ironed out. Not saying they won’t, just saying my money is on it coming further down the road.

4 hours ago, UnknownSystemError said:

If you are playing on anything but official there are several furniture mods out there.

Those mods work on both unofficial and single player

2 hours ago, user1 said:

Great. More cinderella castle lagfest...

Nobody is forcing you to play on a modded server and as for single-player, well, /shrug...

More furniture stuff would be awesome, also more stuff to hang on walls. Proper glass windows would be nice too.

I agree with @boomervoncannon though that often that is stuff you might see more towards the end of development cycle. But you never know. I got excited when I heard a new structure was coming, then I found out it to be the Silo, which I won't really use much as I only have one NPC right now 😂 but i'll still place it for the "cinderella castle lagfest" appeal. :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

More furniture stuff would be awesome, also more stuff to hang on walls. Proper glass windows would be nice too.

I use some SP mods for that, though I haven't made any Glass as yet.  I'm not one to bother with furniture and fittings but it does help fill in empty space in a large-ish base.

On 7/4/2019 at 8:49 AM, Coggage said:

I use some SP mods for that, though I haven't made any Glass as yet.  I'm not one to bother with furniture and fittings but it does help fill in empty space in a large-ish base.

I put tamed cows in the living room. Gonna turn my base into a Chic-Fil-A commercial.

I would love this. However i do agree it probably be among the last things. 

Some people are going to hate me for this, but there are a few other games i played that instead of having important that affect the game play for sale in a cash shop, they primarily sale the deco items. Personally im all about people getting paid and making money. Im always for games selling frivolous, useless items over needed items to advance.  

Honestly, it's not a huge priority for us at the moment, our content team is focused on working on functional additions which introduce enhance/introduce gameplay, perhaps there may be a time where we're spending more on furniture but not at this time. Any time that does go towards adornments would typically be in the form of skins, and the exception would be if it would introduce a new technical system into the game which we can leverage into other things, that may be worth exploring but can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Plus the addition of every piece of content has a memory cost and our goal is to try and make Officials accessible to as many as we can hard from a hardware perspective, and each piece of memory matters to that. Perhaps it's not so much of an issue on PC, but when we're working towards getting the game shipped on a console, it makes all the difference there. 

I understand, but immersion is what makes people stay in a game,anything that helps people immerse more into the world is beneficial to your MMO,because it makes people stay,they end up a community online,like a world away from the world.at the moment the outside of the builds look great but inside they just look barren,which is fine if its temporary but for the long haul?I get you about the memory issue though even on pc it still matters,but have a look at conan exiles and all the furnishings available,and guess what, people do use them,and the dlc makes the company money. You should at least consider it for the long term.And many thx for replying,it's been really good to see you so active on your forums.It's not a deal breaker btw,I will still play! 

It's certainly possible to see more additions in the long term, just wanted to clarify that in the immediate future it isn't a major aspect of our pipeline 🙂

I do agree it adds to the overall immersion to the game.  Gives it polish.  I personally can do without it, but if its there you better believe I would play around with it and quite possibly piss my company off with what and where I build it.  🙂  

Edited by DocHolliday

10 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

I do agree it adds to the overall immersion to the game.  Gives it polish.  I personally can do without it, but if its there you better believe I would play around with it and quite possibly piss my company off with what and where I build it.  🙂  

*surrounds Doc's smithy with cows and mahogany credenzas.*

Yes that is the reason I move to single player, I think there is few mods with furniture in them but haven't tried them out.

I would love furniture to be in official servers but I can understand why they are not focusing on it right now.

Maybe enjoy some single player and add your own things then come back to officials at a later date when it's more polished.