Sign in to follow this  
Skinner NA PVE

Seriously

We were still using water based paints until the late 1990s

2 hours ago, Skinner NA PVE said:

Water based dyes?

Obviously we need oil based for ships.

*tackles Skinner and hog ties him with a ball gag*

I got it folks. Everything’s under control. Don’t think Jat heard.

*looks down at Skinner*

Whats the matter with you? You wanna be unable to dye your clothes without crude oil? If Jat makes us need blubber to make dyes I’m gonna feed you to the sea horses. I like all my clothes and gear dyed in a tasteful blue and white tyvm, and I’d prefer for it NOT to be a PIA to make the dyes.

Also this doesn’t mean that we’re dating or anything. I’m sure you’re a wonderful guy, I just prefer Olivia Munn.

*mutters under his breathe about restraining orders.*

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Haha 1

Actually van eyck invented oil paints in the 1400's,dunno if they used it on ships though,but that don't mean I wanna start hunting tuna just to paint my ship,I'm quite alright with dyes made in game the way they already are thanks.But just in case they take your oil based paint suggestion seriously,could you just leave your game name and  grid reference for your base?i'm sure a lot of people will want to show their gratitude! 

It's not whether they are made of oil or water that matters, it's that they make a brand new ship look as though it's been around a while. What we need is paint that look newly painted and possibly fades over time when it's been out at sea a few times