Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

Can I get a Southerly Wind in N6 please..

Been waiting 6 hours.. it was due south.. then it changed to due north.. then ne.. then nw..then north again..

Do I need to turn my ship to the north to get the wind to go south?

It really does feel like the game purposefully switches wind direction.. that it isn't rng at all.

East, West.. Ideally South.. any of the combinations.. would be great thanks.

I've turn my ship to point north.. see if I can trick the wind gods to sending it south.  6 hours.. sitting here.. errgh..

Edited by Martyn

The wind shifts like 20 degrees every hour and a half in a clock wise motion. Ive had the issue where I log on at 6 est, off at 10est and never catch the wind lol. Boat just sitting and waiting. Ive had to stay up late on the weekends to catch the right wind to get home. Worse part? When you are on you way back and hit a storm that shifts the wind on you! I havent seen it where it doesn't shift so maybe its just bad timing? EDIT: Im in N4 now (or was last nite) and the wind was changing there.

Edited by =MGC=Ranger

I've literally been sitting here all day.. I crashed.. and my ship sailed into busby island.. so I repaired it.. and noticed wind had flipped.. to opposite direction.  I've been watching it. it doesn't go 20dgs it goes 20, 20, then storm, flips, 20, 20, 20,storm flips.. etc. It hasn't gone anything south of east or west for last 6 hours.. and I need a southerly wind.. alternatively, I'll need to cross O/A line and hope the wind is better there and then get a westerly back to my base 2 regions away.  Or I wait here.. 🙂

Growling..

It's currently slack wind, in the fog, nor'easterly..

Edited by Martyn

Yeh yeh.. but that's too much like hard work and thinking.. and ships of the damned..

And those sneaky rocks..besides.. If I tack NE/SE/NE.. etc.. I'll just end up further East.. not South.. where I need to be with my 14 thousand gold.. stored in my Racks.. waiting to pay greedy crewmen and island taxmen...

What I need...

Is a trireme.  Row row row your boat...gently down the steam...merrily..

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1790470149

Now I have blurry compass disease.. if it goes another click to the east.. and a few bars higher.. I could finally leave... on  SES.. heading.. probably..

Then we can talk about tacking..

I'm so bored now..I'm swinging from my mast.. for fun and kicks.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1790476897

9 knots.. that'll do.. i'm off.. wind is slightly north of east.. but i can cut that.

Edited by Martyn