Sign in to follow this  
Whitehawk

Name changing

Just A suggestion devs,but In light of a recent thread,the ability to change a characters name may be a prudent addition to the game if it can be done,I personally don't understand why people chose offensive names,but if it is a genuine mistake ie culture language difference it would give someone a chance to alter it before it escalates. I have actually spoke to someone on an mmo who's name in my country meant something VERY different to his own,it's rare but it can happen. 

25 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Just A suggestion devs,but In light of a recent thread,the ability to change a characters name may be a prudent addition to the game if it can be done,I personally don't understand why people chose offensive names,but if it is a genuine mistake ie culture language difference it would give someone a chance to alter it before it escalates. I have actually spoke to someone on an mmo who's name in my country meant something VERY different to his own,it's rare but it can happen. 

In Most MMORPG's there is an option to contact support for a name change if this is indeed the case, your right some things that are offensive to one are not always offensive to another.  

But putting in an in-game name change feature anyone can use at any time for any reason is horrible in a Sandbox where your name is your reputation!  If you act like a jerk and ruin your reputation then that's something you should have to live with.

That depends on whether the mmo allows people to have the same names, some do,I've seen multiples of 123456 etc on mmo's before.