PeglegTheAngry

Single Player Bug Thread

On 8/30/2019 at 11:31 AM, AvengingAnt said:

Im having cases where i die and i cant respawn on my beds.

Have the same problem too. It happened when i entered a new grid with a ship and died there.(ship was marked in the previous grid)I had lost a ship,tames one time.

A possible,save solution is :  when you enter a new grid make sure that your ship with bed is  marked in the new grid on the map.

- Exit to main menu and restart single player.(loading goes quicker)

This is a bit annoying but i don't want to loose my stuff again.Single player is after all sometimes buggy , but the devs focus on XBox now so we'll have to wait and see.

Regarding the issues with respawning in beds which are on ships.

I've run into this continuously this weekend, to the point where I have started the game over three times now due to losing my ship(s), beds and the map no longer updating properly.  This is what I have found so far to be able to consistently end up in the same problem.

1. Create bed on ship prior to creating any other bed in any other Region
2. Leave Region, Make landfall in new region, create bed in new region  (Make note of the lat/long where your ship is anchored while you are inland creating shelter/bed)
3. Continue to explore other regions, adding beds etc.
4. The first time you are killed (victim of cyclone madness) or crash in a NEW Region prior to ANY landfall in that region, the ship bed bug will occur
5. You Die
6. You receive Respawn dialogue.  Note the X on the map showing where you died will NOT display your ship icon.  Your Ship (and bed) will display at the LAST anchor point near the last landmass in the last Region you created a bed on land in.
7. You can select the bed on the ship and choose to respawn, you will respawn in the ocean at the last lat/long, the ship will no longer display on the map, and your company log will indicate the ship and the bed have been removed.
7b. OR you select the closest land based bed, respawn and still see your ship indicated in a different region.  The ship will not show as removed in the company log.  If you travel back to the coordinates where the ship is displayed on the map, there will be no ship and no debris.  The ship is just poofed and your map is fubbared from that point forward.

I've had this happen on save games where I've discovered five or six regions with multiple bed locations and just happend to crash during an unlucky zone, or in a brand new game where I created ship, created bed on ship, created bed on the freeport island and then sailed on my first adventure and then died to stupidity after my first zone.

nie loguje się pojedynczy serwer, ale cholera

Edited by ojoj

hello.

I've  been playing single player for a few weeks now, and i'm using a few mods.

i just started breeding and closed the game for a bit to do something else.

when i tried to start the server again, i got a crash log with multiple lines about blackwood. 

does anyone know why my single player server suddenly broke???

Tbh I've had so many crashes in sp it's hard to remember how I  dealt with them, one crash I validated game files and it was ok. another one I had to re download blackwood then it was ok again. Now I always load in low mem mode too. 

I started playing SP a few days ago.  Everything was fine the first day.  No problems.  I come back the next day and I too get a crash report that is almost a whole screen full.   I am NOT trying to play the Blackwood map either. 

I have no problems signing into Multi-Player.   

I hope this is a simple fix and not a re-install. 

I have also read other post that are 3 and 4 weeks old that have not rec'd help.  If this is true, something is seriously wrong with the people that created and maintain this game.  Just saying. 

Also, If it's a re-install of the game, I will need someone to help me save my tattoos and sail images.  Thank you in advance.  Patiently Waiting.

Edited by Luanne
Added info

you can save your sail images into any graph software, I save mine into corel as it's where I create them anyway, just put them back into atlas paint later. 

has anyone found a work around for when you die and try to respawn in your bed (only one available being on your ship) and the game hangs? starting to become an annoyance

I also am having the issue in Blackwood single player where the game aborts with error message when pressing the skills button.

As soon as I select the Skills from my inventory, this happens:

large.1517985957_AtlasFatalErrorwhentryingtoaccessSkilltree.PNG.07a55a14e3a77be5b5b3d2c31a22f590.PNG

So I started SP I have built a sloop 3 times now and it keeps disappearing/de-spawning. All I have to do is run out of render distance a bit in land and when I come back poof! no ship 😕 It's anchored on the shoreline every time in front of my base and when I come back the base is there but the ship gone every time. Anyone else got this? As you can imagine it's making the game pretty pointless.

I play single player atlas. 
Only mod i have on is the stack mod. 

When i craft a blue print and want to upgrade its not possible because the tannery or smithy does not recognize my gold. 
It does not matter how many gold i put in or if i make a new tannery/smithy... also tried it with multiple different items i crafted. 
It just says 0 gold / needed ....  

I hope i'm doing something wrong, but i'm afraid its a bug and really anoying so anyone who has any tips please let me know.

13 minutes ago, manmetdebaard said:

I play single player atlas. 
Only mod i have on is the stack mod. 

When i craft a blue print and want to upgrade its not possible because the tannery or smithy does not recognize my gold. 
It does not matter how many gold i put in or if i make a new tannery/smithy... also tried it with multiple different items i crafted. 
It just says 0 gold / needed ....  

I hope i'm doing something wrong, but i'm afraid its a bug and really anoying so anyone who has any tips please let me know.

Unfortunately i can't help you with this issue,but i assume this bug is linked with the mod.Single Player still could have serious bugs,though many have already been fixed.

The devs worked on Xbox release the last months and Single Player is not their priority.Now the wipe is coming with the new Wild Pirates Encampments for single player so i guess we've to delete our save game files in the "SavedAtlasLocal"Folder anyway.-They announced more informations for today?

I used mods on my dedicated server,it worked fine, but i don't use them in this current unstable game mode.

12 hours ago, Terra Incocnita said:

Unfortunately i can't help you with this issue,but i assume this bug is linked with the mod.Single Player still could have serious bugs,though many have already been fixed.

The devs worked on Xbox release the last months and Single Player is not their priority.Now the wipe is coming with the new Wild Pirates Encampments for single player so i guess we've to delete our save game files in the "SavedAtlasLocal"Folder anyway.-They announced more informations for today?

I used mods on my dedicated server,it worked fine, but i don't use them in this current unstable game mode.

Hi Terra, 

Thanks for your reply, That was also my suspicion. 
But its a pretty big bug with large concequences, some might say its a mod so not their responsibility but if they let you add it and "promote" it the basics should work/be bug free in my opinion. Well i hope they get around to it soon. The pirate update is here now, it still does not work but until now i can still play my save, i hope its the case for you too. 

If anyone else has an idea what it is/i can do let me know.

Found a new "bug" with the new pirate update one of the pirates on the puckle gun is set in an indistructible rock. (company 18 long 64.55 lat 22.71) 
Usually when you hit them in melee they move from the gun and you can kill them (btw it should be possible to kill them behind a gun, really weird that its not possible)
anyway this one stays on his gun when you hit it melee because its stuck in the rock so you can't kill him. Now trying to destroy the gun but no animals can hit the gun so 
its up to me and my pick/axe and that takes ages. So no clue if it will work. will let it know if i have enough patience to try.

Another thing that would be great if it can be fixed. 
After the last pirate update my keybindings were reset and my graphic settings as well. 
Now we had a minor update (the one with the tutorial pirate) and my graphic settings are again reset...
updates should not infect your personal key or graphic settings. (unless the update is about it of course) 

About my last report, started single player without mods now to test if it is a thing with the stack mod that the smithy and tannery does not recognize gold, will let it know when i'm at the stage to test it. 

It would be great if some kind of "stack function" can be included in the server/single player settings instead of working with mods. 
Everyone i knows plays with it because a grind we can except but in Atlas its a bit too much

Thanks devs ! - the waveworks/new islands/isle improvements/biome map layout are excellent graphic works! The new text is much clearer. (first steps of your announced roadmap in the right direction) 

After Major Update/Wipe, i'm playing with my prior savegame files without WPE :

-No more game crashes when exit to main menu.

Treasure Maps are working but i get the loot x 4. This seems nice, but it's way too much and i drop the excess gold.But with the many nice blueprints     the choice isn't so easy what you could drop and no more challenge to hunt for treasures(cheat feeling).

-Discovery Points : As usual,for more than half a year on private servers and single player, it's not possible to gain special discoverys on islands.

You only get the 2 disc.points(that's nice) by landfall and killing blue whale(30points)etc.This should be fixed urgently,because it's a core game mechanic and so important for level up.(approximately 36points per level) It would be more incentive to spend more time on this beautiful redesigned islands for exploring, instead of rushing through and leave.

-Power Stones : The power stones/golden age ruins servers/grids  are no longer marked on the world map.

Edited by Terra Incocnita

10 hours ago, manmetdebaard said:

Another thing that would be great if it can be fixed. 
After the last pirate update my keybindings were reset and my graphic settings as well. 
Now we had a minor update (the one with the tutorial pirate) and my graphic settings are again reset...
updates should not infect your personal key or graphic settings. (unless the update is about it of course

Hey ManmetdeBaard,

i'm on the Atlas high seas since february and everytime when a mega patch/update came in, the key bindings were set to default.Yeah,it's a bit annoying. 

But i always kept my graphic settings.

Edited by Terra Incocnita

On 9/29/2019 at 8:58 AM, manmetdebaard said:

About my last report, started single player without mods now to test if it is a thing with the stack mod that the smithy and tannery does not recognize gold, will let it know when i'm at the stage to test it. 

This was the mod, not the original game, I tested it. 

Since the last pirate update I started new again without mod to prevent any problems with the new update or mods. 

I just had another bug, my smithy with all my special Wood/metal/thatch etc for the special craftings just disappeard... 
its days of work that was in there. If this sh*t can still happen i'm done playing... Early acces is one but this is just ridiculous

On 9/20/2019 at 3:02 PM, Ulfengaard said:

I get the UE4-ShooterGame Game has crashed message at regular intervals: no more than a half-hour of playtime, max, each time.

I get this error message every time I try to play single player.

Fresh install, brand new singleplayer game. I am not receiving any discoveries at all.  Not even the discovery for landing/walking on an island for the first time. 

cant even start blackwood in singleplayer here, i only get back to the main menu, not using mods but, my main issue is when i open the map and i scroll in and out its like it is stuck on a rubberband hehe, so that is extremely annoying.

and last, not sure if its a bug or whatnot but i can't seem to figure out how to use custom maps, the official one is extremely big alone hehe

Something I just noticed... While in SP and in the freeports... I gathered a bunch of maps. when I looked at them, all the M7 maps were of the exact same place, right at the stairs into the port town by the cosmetic vendor. This seems to have happened since the last wipe. Has anyone else seen this? I'm specifically asking about M7.

Oh, and I was just reminded while watching another YT vid... if you put, say three of these same spot maps (that are on the same island), on your hotbar.... all three spawn at once... instead of the usual 6-8 AotD you get like 20 something

Edited by Geminia_Sierra

17 minutes ago, Geminia_Sierra said:

Something I just noticed... While in SP and in the freeports... I gathered a bunch of maps. when I looked at them, all the M7 maps were of the exact same place, right at the stairs into the port town by the cosmetic vendor. This seems to have happened since the last wipe. Has anyone else seen this? I'm specifically asking about M7.

Yep man, i can confirm it.I tested it very close to your position in L 7 and M 6. To avoid take on two Army o.t.D. groups i remove one map from the hotbar bevor fight.

And do you also have  this huge  amount of gold and blueprints!? I figured out that it's exactly 4 times more blueprints and gold. I play with my prior savegame files bevor zhe latest major update/wipe and have several issues with the redesigned isles. All of my resource outpost bases were deleted and sometimes seperate structures were missing when i came back from other grids.Ufortunately my speed schooner sunk because one plank was missing.But since four days game runs fine.

I was killed by sperm whale while deep sea diving. When I tried to respawn on my ship, the logs said my ship was removed not destroyed. My map had reset as well. I lost everything. I was playing single player.