PeglegTheAngry

Single Player Bug Thread

Was travelling between grids and it crashed.  Has been crashing a lot for me.  Upon re-entry I was in another grid altogether dead and unable to spawn at any of my beds for at least 10 hours.  I don't know if the timer stops when not in game but that is really annoying.  why are there 10 hour timers?  Can't fast travel either.  I don't use any mods or anything.  

** Just verified the timers stay at the time when you close.  so I still have 9hrs and 20 mins till I can use my spawns.  I don't think it took 10 hours to build what I had so it doesn't make sense.

**. Tried to find my ship and it seems lost in between zones.

**Now all of my beds disappeared when I went to a freeport to buy crew.  even the one on my boat.

I have never hired a crew and did in town accidentally made a company.  That’s what caused the loss of all my beds.  I left my company and now have nothing.

**multiple game crashes .  The sotd spawning in legions and sometimes they explode.  I can travel grids without seeing a flotsam.  I have seen the inventory bags floating in water, one of which had flotsam loot.   

** fps drop out of nowhere down to 1fps lasted. Until I alt tabbed.  Fps is normally 80-100 range on highest settings.  Building seems a little buggy where I place it and it disappears until I find the perfect angle to place it.  

Edited by dDoTTt

Treasure maps are no longer working for me.  I cannot pick them up and the maps I had went to 0 gold and when I went to the zone, no light, no spawn; nothing.  I might try wiping solo player data and start over to see if that fixes the problem.  I also repaired the game by checking the local file integrity.  That had no effect.

1. can't see ammunition count on ships
  2. Special discoveries are not working
  3. No sail sounds
  4. Not a bug but getting to age 90 is going to be impossible
  5. More SoTD spawning than should be. Like 3 groups of them next to each other. Certain groups of SoTD will then explode.
  6. Had some shoulder tames disappearing when crossing grids or relogging while sailing. Do we even need grids in singleplayer?
  7. Crossing back and forth between M7 and M6 the water level was incorrect 
Edited by kipjoepkip

Died while using a controller, unable to move with controller or keyboard. Still unable to craft anything but  the lowest tier of items due to bugs. Tried the "fast travel fix". No effect, still unable to craft. Verified files via Steam, no effect. Restarting the game every time I die is an even worse imposition than having to craft items from found blueprints.

if you create a company while on one island and have built and tamed on a different island previously, everything on the previous island goes red to you as if it never belonged to you.

sometimes my character can be seen in 2 different areas on the map moving. 

New bug. After deleting all single player data and making a new character, my original was asleep in a boat offshore of the island I spawned into, which was NOT the island that HE was made on. Still unable to craft items learned via skillpoint at any of the stations.

Single Player mode not able to load in. Stops at about 75% on Ocean Load bar... 

Verified integrity of cache, reset computer, reset steam.

Any fix?

3 hours ago, xMeliodas said:

Any fix?

I have same issue. Was ok this morning but problem started an hour or so ago. Can no longer play single player. Do I need to scrap what I've done so far and start a new character or is there a cure?

Today I sailed to a new grid.  When I landed on the island, I exited the map, reloaded it for island discovery and my ship was gone and displaying in another zone.  I traveled to where it said my ship was, and it wasn't there.  I logged out and back in and the ship was completely gone and showing removed from the company.  I'm done playing singleplayer for now, hopefully these bugs get addressed soon.

Single Player mode crashing multi player works fine.

Before this happened other bugs was discovery points did not work untill game was reloaded.

Having bears on ship on follow and if you unfollow with U key game instantly crashes.

On 7/12/2019 at 11:26 AM, xMeliodas said:

Any fix?

Have the same issue but my dedicated servers run fine.

Please fix it.

Still experiencing ships disappearing.  Seems like K9 zone has a problem and every time I enter that grid specifically, my ship icon appears in another grid and unless I leave, the ship will just disappear if it exits render distance or I leave the zone. 

But yeah, multiple times now I've experiencing ships "being removed from company" and straight up vanishing, no wreckage either.  Usually happens when changing grids or loading the game.  I've had to start backing up the game like crazy now to counter this but I'd love to hear if devs are even reading this stuff.

The discovery bug is fixed now though.  I don't have to relog each grid to discover new islands.

Hello! I have a crash problem as soon as I want to set the 1st engram point, the game crashes. Right at the beginning. I have now reinstalled the game several times. And I still have the problem.

Edited by Yadisera

Hello! I have a crash problem, as soon as I want to set the first engram point, the game crashes. Right at the beginning. I have reinstalled the game several times now. And I still have the problem.

It would be nice if that would take one of the manufacturers ... I do not know if you need more bad reviews now. Would have been better not to buy the game until the bugs are fixed. 😞

atlas2,2.jpg

Edited by Yadisera

On 7/12/2019 at 8:27 PM, sora said:

Today I sailed to a new grid.  When I landed on the island, I exited the map, reloaded it for island discovery and my ship was gone and displaying in another zone.  I traveled to where it said my ship was, and it wasn't there.  I logged out and back in and the ship was completely gone and showing removed from the company.  I'm done playing singleplayer for now, hopefully these bugs get addressed soon.

1. I have a similar issue, although my ship hasn't disappeared entirely. The ship is being shown on the map at the same coordinates... five grids away. I'm currently in J10, the ship is showing it's in M8. The ship is, in fact, with me in J10. If I use the bed on the ship (to or fro), it works fine and spawns/teleports me to the actual ship in J10 (but I have to scroll over on the map to select the bed). This is using a Ramshackle Sloop from M7. It also occurred with a regular Sloop built in M7. I haven't tried it with a ship built outside of the starting location yet, but will update when I do.

2. Water reservoirs. When placed, the show the water richness and work normally, filling with water over time. Until I exit the game. When I come back, there is no water richness displayed when looking at them and no water accumulates. This happens whether they're alone or connected to pipes.

As a side note, the ability to place indoor pipes before connecting to stuff and being able to use them with reservoirs would be lovely. *Hint hint, nudge nudge*

was back in Freeport (M7) and the eastern most island (Proberg Ait) and found a sunken wreck inland from the shore.

discoveries of islands still possible but not the other ones on the islands.

Forgot to mention in my previous post that I am still experiencing an issue where if I craft something outside of my home grid, there is a huge chance it will delete a similar item in my home grid.  Multiple times I've crafted a large storage box or a crafting station while away from home and when I have come back, a similar item somewhere in my house is straight up missing.  It's like whatever you craft out of your own grid has a chance of overwriting an item ID or something.

Maps stop working (you pick the up but they do not go to your inventory), and the current maps you have in your inventory or in storage go to zero gold and do not show up when you go to the location.

Network:  Single player (official map)

Grid:  All?  I have not identified if this is caused in specific grids

Description of issue:  Map do not show up in your inventory when you pick them up and all maps you current own go to zero gold and no longer work

Any screenshots or video demonstrating the bug:  NA but will update if this happens again (this is second time)

Repro steps if available/applicable:  The only thing I can think of is traveling more than 3-4 grids without stopping to restart game client, but I'm not sure on this.  It's only a theory because both times this has happened I was traveling 6+ grids for a map or golden ruins.

Hey Guys!  It's obvious that changing grids can cause serious problems and thus bugs are linked in the further gameplay.

This has already been confirmed in other SP - bug threads by several users.Maybe we should open a fresh new thread to the issue , so that it can be seen more clearly by the devs.

(but this isn't my native language)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Terra Incocnita said:

Hey Guys!  It's obvious that changing grids can cause serious problems and thus bugs are linked in the further gameplay.

This has already been confirmed in other SP - bug threads by several users.Maybe we should open a fresh new thread to the issue , so that it can be seen more clearly by the devs.

(but this isn't my native language)

Good point and suggestion.  I will admit, the issues have been slowly going away, which is great.  I just want a smaller map to play on and cant figure out how to get a 5x5 grid to function in single player (show up under map options).

• Like 1

I have a couple of MAP issues on Singleplayer right now which have only just occurred today so maybe it was something in the last patch that did something to maps? I'm not having the treasure maps issue a couple others have, just the normal map. I am also having an issue when I Log into my singleplayer save, it's spawning me about 50 feet in any given direction to where I actually logged off from. So I'll be in my house when I exit, and when I go back into my save I'm in the water by my base, or I'll be under my shipyards, or I'll be by my tamed animals or something. Anyway here is a couple screenshots of the map issues.

Map issue 1.  Showing one of my boats all the way out in the middle of the ocean on the map but as you can see, the same boat is at my main area docked.

y4mgN-gSDFtvEe53QEysSLP-wcCh2SbK_N-_vbI3

Map Issue 2 (I Think). Map is showing I've seen an ENORMOUS amount of the world map when zoomed out, but I've only ever visited 2 grids? Which are M7 (the freeport I first spawned into) and L7. I've never been anywhere else yet lol.  Now I'm not sure if it has something to do with some skills I've learnt recently, but I didn't have this much of the map viewable yesterday so why I think it's a bug.

y4mdRN6H_ll7f-HR4YNc9XFOFBvqOj0FIpopatnC

Edited by vackillers

I've got the sign in problem where I'm now somewhere different,I'm getting loadsa lag now too and I've not had that before.My map though is glitched the other way,I don't have any grid appear clear where I visit, it's still shrouded.

Im having cases where i die and i cant respawn on my beds. When i need to choose a spawn point on the map, nothing shows, so i have to start at freeport again, build a raft and get back to the same grid where i died. only then do i see my bed again

On 7/10/2019 at 1:30 AM, Tobekan said:

Treasure maps are no longer working for me.  I cannot pick them up and the maps I had went to 0 gold and when I went to the zone, no light, no spawn; nothing.  I might try wiping solo player data and start over to see if that fixes the problem.  I also repaired the game by checking the local file integrity.  That had no effect.

have the same problem here.....