Sign in to follow this  
sand man

Heatwave killing my guy even in water ??

It is unsurvivable in single player in the freeport that everyone starts out at. Even if you put all points in to fort and are level 8 the heat will kill you in under 60 seconds. I know because the bed I kept dying next to was on cooldown several times. Was a great source of skin though rather than killing animals, just chop up your own body. But yeah, even if you swim down to the deepest part of the water you can find you might beat the count, but then you drown. Either way it is fucked. Since their weather events last around 20 minutes, not a lot of "fun" being had if you get one of those. And since some people are staying at the initial freeport longer since you can build there, the "Just hop on a raft and GTFO!" is not viable.

59 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

It is unsurvivable in single player in the freeport that everyone starts out at. Even if you put all points in to fort and are level 8 the heat will kill you in under 60 seconds. I know because the bed I kept dying next to was on cooldown several times. Was a great source of skin though rather than killing animals, just chop up your own body. But yeah, even if you swim down to the deepest part of the water you can find you might beat the count, but then you drown. Either way it is fucked. Since their weather events last around 20 minutes, not a lot of "fun" being had if you get one of those. And since some people are staying at the initial freeport longer since you can build there, the "Just hop on a raft and GTFO!" is not viable.

So I agree to a point....  They certainly could stand to tone down some of the extreme temp's across the board...  However at the same time I disagree with your notion about not jumping on the raft and GTFO, single player has the whole map so if you choose to live in a hot (Or Cold) environment and NOT invest Points into Fortitude, you have no one to blame but YOURSELF....

It isn't about living there. It is about the time it takes to get out. Why should I have to gimp my play by running away from the freeport. I drop a small shipyard and make myself a non-shitty boat. I then get on a raft and gather enough gold from flotsam to hire a couple crew. By planning my respecs correctly I have a diving attachment and schooner in a couple hours before I leave the freeport with crew for the sails. Hit the first wreck, dive it and then don't have to worry about gold for the crew anymore. It is single player, I can adjust a wide variety of things, environmental isn't one of them. I never said I don't invest points in fortitude. I actually put all of them in fortitude while in the freeport. Just the points that you have by level 8 even with the balance buff mean jack shit. 

Must be a singleplayer only thing then. Have 0 points in fortitude And survive atleast 10 minutes at 60 degrees And with cloth Armor i Dont die at all

If you go out a little more in the water it should go away.

I agree this needs adjusting. I don't mind the hear waves but at least have it where if I'm able to swim under water that it should be good enough to cool me down. Also if I have a house built at least get a good bonus enough bonus being inside to take away the extream heat. I understand being hot and that part is good. But the extreme heatwaves are ridiculous. Shouldn't have to swim that far out into the water to get it off and it gets old to run in the water ever 10 min or whatever it is. I'm in my house working oh wait got to stop and go swimming smh. But either way if I get in water where I can swim down under the water I should be fine i shouldn't have to keep swimming on out. 

8 minutes ago, zottel said:

Must be a singleplayer only thing then. Have 0 points in fortitude And survive atleast 10 minutes at 60 degrees And with cloth Armor i Dont die at all

Yep, I run 0 fort build on official too and can only remember dying from extreme heat a couple times, and never as quick as what is happening atm on single player.