Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
=MGC=Ranger

Increase decay time or better larder/feeding trough time

Recommended Posts

Hello, it seems as if the decay rate for food and berries in both troughs and larders is not very good. As it is now, if a player doesnt log in every 3 days, his tames and NPC's are out of food. Having it so I dont have to feed everyone all the time would make it easier for smaller companies and solo players. Either than or devise a new end game feeder that keeps the food for 7 days real time would be great. Allow some of us smaller companies a chance to go on vacation without worrying about losing our tames/NPC's.

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And/or let us put ice/preserving salt into the larder/trough to increase the decay timer. Even if it's half the affect of the preserving bags it'd still help. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or ask some friends to help you.. obviously, you'd need friends for that.. maybe they can add that as a function for crewmen, to be your friends..

 

(to much?)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Hello, it seems as if the decay rate for food and berries in both troughs and larders is not very good. As it is now, if a player doesnt log in every 3 days, his tames and NPC's are out of food. Having it so I dont have to feed everyone all the time would make it easier for smaller companies and solo players. Either than or devise a new end game feeder that keeps the food for 7 days real time would be great. Allow some of us smaller companies a chance to go on vacation without worrying about losing our tames/NPC's.

 

Thank you!

Well as most people say on here, this game is for big companies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well our community MGC are primarily FPS based. So most of my clanmates are playing BF V or COD (PubG too) atm. We started with 12 in this game, but with the first 2 months of issues and then the wipe some went back to the other games. Now being summer, there aren't too many left getting on regularly. I too have a pretty busy summer and cant get on every day or so, hence the post. At least in Ark, the food would hold for 5 or so days. A simple tweak to the code and it would improve the experience for smaller companies. There are many more smaller companies playing than megas from what I see, but thats just my observation.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or let tames use the islandwide resource silo too. Especially with the ridiculous meat spoil times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the most basic aspects of Ark/Atlas/Guns is the antisocial hours the game demands.  It's been an ongoing issue for people who take sebaticles or extended holidays with parents/friends over 2-3 weeks or who have to work away from home etc, that being out of the game arena for several weeks equates to losing everything.

I'd say it's one of the primary reasons why people do not return to ark, because there's nothing to return to.   Personally, I think it's just an extension of the attitude of the developers lack of care for its gaming community, which seems obvious to me, not just due to it's stance on pvp or pve but overall of it's attitude towards everyone.

As we say in scotland.. like it.. or lump it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Martyn said:

It's been an ongoing issue for people who take sebaticles or extended holidays with parents/friends over 2-3 weeks

Well I understand your point to an extent but what game can have peoples things laying around for a month just because they may be on vacay? Seems like a lot of litter laying around, you know, like that guy that put his ramshackle in your mythical boatyard three weeks ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Well I understand your point to an extent but what game can have peoples things laying around for a month just because they may be on vacay? Seems like a lot of litter laying around, you know, like that guy that put his ramshackle in your mythical boatyard three weeks ago?

Yeh then there is this.. or the people who quit after 2-3 hours of play.. but have a half built house in your backyard..

I understand the need for server performance and maintenance, but such short periods of enforcement are what is causing people to quit, there has to be a more amicable middle ground.  10 days.. isn't really.  If lockers and chests last 40 days.. why not make all structure last 40 days as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Realist said:

Well as most people say on here, this game is for big companies.

Totally disagree. 

Mega's and big company's just exist in pvp. Because the ppl want to blow up other ships and don't be raided every day. So they search a big company to join and hide behind the mass.

In pve it's totally different. Nobody have to fear another and can build up as big as he want. No need for protection = several companies more, small to smaller ones. And if u just keep an eye on the forum, u can see, that there's 4 time more threads and activities in the pve forums. So the argument about these big company's just grab for around 15...20% of the entire playerbase.

But now btt: I feed my tames all 3...5 days. If the larder or the feeding through is empty, the tames still get around 2000 food or more in reserve. So it takes surely more than a week, until it's critical. 

The only problem, if you play solo is the decay timer for the structures. If u don't get a gamesitter, u will loose nearly everything

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya Ranger!

Use veggies and salted meats.

Celary and wheat last a long (weekish) time. Even longer if you can restack (pull it all out then dump back in) it once in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Gindorf said:

Hiya Ranger!

Use veggies and salted meats.

Celary and wheat last a long (weekish) time. Even longer if you can restack (pull it all out then dump back in) it once in a while.

Carnivores will eat salted meat? Didnt know! That would be a little helpful lol..Thanks bud!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it possible to add Ice into the Feeding Trough to increase the spoiler timers on raw meats?

It would add more utility options for Ice and provide a middle between creating salted meats/fish and keeping it raw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd even be happy if blueprint troughs gave a duration buff to decay timers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 10:54 PM, Martyn said:

As we say in scotland.. like it.. or lump it.

I thought you say "If it's not scottish, it's crap!"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×