Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

Seriously Devs!!!

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Why don’t people just buy the top of the line and then never have to worry about it.

i am going to buy Xbox Scarlett the minute it comes out lol. I should be good for a few years till the next one comes out.

When it comes to PC's, even if you buy the top of the line it is out of date a few months later lol. Anyway, all depends on the type and amount of gaming you do.

3 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

When it comes to PC's, even if you buy the top of the line it is out of date a few months later lol. Anyway, all depends on the type and amount of gaming you do.

I am not too big on graphics but I do want things running smoothly. That is the most important. Scarlett is going to be a beast compared to the one x and ps4 pro so I am pretty sure it will be able to handle plenty 

29 minutes ago, Realist said:

I am not too big on graphics but I do want things running smoothly. That is the most important. Scarlett is going to be a beast compared to the one x and ps4 pro so I am pretty sure it will be able to handle plenty 

Atlas is not as demanding as Ark graphically partly because ocean is much simpler to render than land. In theory anyway. One thing I have been pleasantly surprised by and is well done is how well the water is rendered and changes dramatically based on wind conditions. High winds make for big rolling waves while lack of wind means calmer seas. I don’t see it mentioned much here but I think you’ll be pleased with how well it’s done when console comes out.

21 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Atlas is not as demanding as Ark graphically partly because ocean is much simpler to render than land. In theory anyway. One thing I have been pleasantly surprised by and is well done is how well the water is rendered and changes dramatically based on wind conditions. High winds make for big rolling waves while lack of wind means calmer seas. I don’t see it mentioned much here but I think you’ll be pleased with how well it’s done when console comes out.

Yeah if it is anything like sea of thieves ocean or better then I am sure I will happy with it.

so pick a grid with more water and less land for it to run smoother?

yeah ark was pretty dense as far as land/terrain/foliage

5 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah if it is anything like sea of thieves ocean or better then I am sure I will happy with it.

so pick a grid with more water and less land for it to run smoother?

yeah ark was pretty dense as far as land/terrain/foliage

Land to water ratios don’t vary dramatically. All grids are way more water than land, as they should be.

strike that, might be nice if just a very few grids had substantially larger land masses just for change of pace.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

I've never spent more than $1500 USD on a PC build.  Over the years I might toss in more HDD space, RAM and newer GPU's, but never more than $1500 on the inititial build.

Current PC is quite old.  I7-3770k @ 4.2ghz.  I've upgraded the video card 3 times in 6-7 years time.  Anyone who spent $5k on a PC when I built mine either replaced theirs by now or spent just as much as I did to keep up with the times.  In the end I spent $3500 less over its lifetime.  It is not worth it.  Been building PC's since the 90's and work IT for a living.  I see no benefit spending that kind of cash besides announcing to the world you have more money then common sense.  

EDIT:  Going to be upgrading soon.  Debating which CPU I want to get.  Waiting on the Ryzen 2 reviews next week.  All I need is a motherboard, RAM and cpu/cooler.  Reusing everything else.  Should be able to stay under a grand no problem.  Running a 1080ti I picked up off of Ebay.  Should get me through another generation or two before I bother upgrading that and making the ray tracing plunge.  

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

I've never spent more than $1500 USD on a PC build.  Over the years I might toss in more HDD space, RAM and newer GPU's, but never more than $1500 on the inititial build.

Current PC is quite old.  I7-3770k @ 4.2ghz.  I've upgraded the video card 3 times in 6-7 years time.  Anyone who spent $5k on a PC when I built mine either replaced theirs by now or spent just as much as I did to keep up with the times.  In the end I spent $3500 less over its lifetime.  It is not worth it.  Been building PC's since the 90's and work IT for a living.  I see no benefit spending that kind of cash besides announcing to the world you have more money then common sense.  

EDIT:  Going to be upgrading soon.  Debating which CPU I want to get.  Waiting on the Ryzen 2 reviews next week.  All I need is a motherboard, RAM and cpu/cooler.  Reusing everything else.  Should be able to stay under a grand no problem.  Running a 1080ti I picked up off of Ebay.  Should get me through another generation or two before I bother upgrading that and making the ray tracing plunge.  

I adhere to a technique of upgrading one major component per year: GPU, HDD, RAM, power supply and disk drive, with a major upgrade of mobo and cpu every 5 years or so. My overall budget is probably pretty close to yours for a complete build and I've always found this to work well for me. Since I suck at first person shooters, and high end fps games are where a lot of the greatest need for max performance lies, I find this more than sufficient for my gaming needs. As always ymmv.

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Land to water ratios don’t vary dramatically. All grids are way more water than land, as they should be.

strike that, might be nice if just a very few grids had substantially larger land masses just for change of pace.

You are the man boomer. I like the continent idea as well. There are 225 grids per cluster. There is no reason at all why 10-20 out of 225 can’t be all land. 10-20 wouldn’t even put a dent into the ocean.

37 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

13 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I adhere to a technique of upgrading one major component per year: GPU, HDD, RAM, power supply and disk drive, with a major upgrade of mobo and cpu every 5 years or so. My overall budget is probably pretty close to yours for a complete build and I've always found this to work well for me. Since I suck at first person shooters, and high end fps games are where a lot of the greatest need for max performance lies, I find this more than sufficient for my gaming needs. As always ymmv.

See that kind of turns me off from pc’s as well. Always some need to keep upgrading. That would probably piss me off after awhile.

to me it’s easier just to wait for the next gen console 😂

18 minutes ago, Realist said:

You are the man boomer. I like the continent idea as well. There are 225 grids per cluster. There is no reason at all why 10-20 out of 225 can’t be all land. 10-20 wouldn’t even put a dent into the ocean.

See that kind of turns me off from pc’s as well. Always some need to keep upgrading. That would probably piss me off after awhile.

to me it’s easier just to wait for the next gen console 😂

to be clear, I choose to do things this way. I think most folks upgrade whole systems at a time more often than not, but it's nice to have the flexiblity to roll with an ever changing technology curve more smoothly than say, oh, consoles..:P

The main point is, if you had a pc, you could do it this way or not, it would be up to you.

On 7/5/2019 at 9:00 AM, Realist said:

Why don’t people just buy the top of the line and then never have to worry about it.

i am going to buy Xbox Scarlett the minute it comes out lol. I should be good for a few years till the next one comes out.

Why because the reason most gamers are PC gamers is because of the ability to upgrade...

Granted there are still some limitations like the CPU form factor only being maintained for so long on generations of mother boards!

But as a person who built PC's for a living 5K - 10K is just crazy talk...

With 5K I could Triple SLI some of the most expensive video cards, have mineral water cooling the best board on the market maxed out RAM and still have change left over!

The reason people pay 5K or 10K for Computers is because they are computer DUMB and can't build there own computer! They buy things like (ALIENWARE) < $1000+ for the name and a couple of .25 cent sticker on the case!

Heck computer Dumb people can go to a nearby Fry's electronics and they will put it together for you at a reasonable price and help you pick out every piece to put in it...

No you can easily build a capable mid range gaming computer for less then 1000 dollars and for less then 2000 a high end gaming computer!

My rig for example:

MSI B250M Gaming Pro $60

Pentium G4620 $110

32 gig ram $160

4 Terabyte HD $80

1070TI $250

Windows 7 ($100) - already had this but windows will range typically from 100-150 depending on Home or Prof

688 Dollar build granted I live near a Fry's Electronics so I have easy access to parts but anyone can use

Newegg or Fry's Online and get similiar deals!

I am constantly recording videos with OBS while I am Playing, plus running TeamSpeak and chatting and typically uploading to Youtube all at the same time with no issues, while typically running a high graphics.

Ack Left out the Case and Power supply!!!!

Antec 900 $80 (Granted I have had this case for several different builds)

Antec Earthwatt 550 Gold $80 

So tack on another 160 dollars for a new total of $848

So your thought process that a gaming PC is 5000 dollars is a bit on the extreme end...

Edited by Sulfurblade
  • Like 1

Second everything Sulfur said here. Beyond about 2k it is really hard to spend much money on a PC and get value in return for those extra dollars. If you want to spend 3k extra because you think your Alienware box looks really cool have at it hoss, but it’s not going to run meaningfully better than my 1k Newegg build.

Btw Sulfurblade u r total noob if you are just running mineral water through your cooling system. U need dis to B leet:

https://www.lifeionizers.com/product/life-ionizer-mxl-13-under-counter-alkaline-water-ionizer/?pid=100010&?utm_term=&utm_campaign=Shopping: Kangen&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_ver=3&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_tgt=pla-295725574066&hsa_ad=121114811594&hsa_cam=2038497544&hsa_src=g&hsa_grp=33932688074&hsa_acc=1714727340&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrMa3mZ2h4wIVxQOGCh3TTwdEEAQYASABEgKNlPD_BwE

It's like saying how long is a piece of string really when it comes to a gaming pc,there are graphics cards that go for over 1000 alone,I've seen builds that look more like science fiction monoliths than pc's and they were super expensive.trouble is no matter what i'd pay for a pc i'm still stuck with damn windows anyway!

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 3:19 AM, Martyn said:

If you patch and it changes me keys.. please warn me..

Now I have to change them all back again!!

Also:

Crew on Fully Anchored Boats:

1st priority: Silo
2nd priority: Claim Flags
3rd priority: Resource Box and Food larder

I think it should be 1st Silo, 2nd Resource box and food larder 3rd claim flags.

I do not want my crewmen soaking up all my flag resources.  Which I think is the real reason this has been added btw.. it is your intention to add in further sinks for gold and resources doing this.  So people run out of gold in their flags faster, therefore loose their islands more often.

I'd rather loose my crewmen, than loose my island.

storing your gold in the flag is the safest place to store gold full stop why is your gold not on your flag in the first place?

11 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Why because the reason most gamers are PC gamers is because of the ability to upgrade...

Granted there are still some limitations like the CPU form factor only being maintained for so long on generations of mother boards!

With 5K I could Triple SLI some of the most expensive video cards, have mineral water cooling the best board on the market maxed out RAM and still have change left over!

The reason people pay 5K or 10K for Computers is because they are computer DUMB and can't build there own computer! They buy things like (ALIENWARE) < $1000+ for the name and a couple of .25 cent sticker on the case!

Heck computer Dumb people can go to a nearby Fry's electronics and they will put it together for you at a reasonable price and help you pick out every piece to put in it...

No you can easily build a capable mid range gaming computer for less then 1000 dollars and for less then 2000 a high end gaming computer!

My rig for example:

MSI B250M Gaming Pro $60

Pentium G4620 $110

32 gig ram $160

4 Terabyte HD $80

1070TI $250

Windows 7 ($100) - already had this but windows will range typically from 100-150 depending on Home or Prof

688 Dollar build granted I live near a Fry's Electronics so I have easy access to parts but anyone can use

I am constantly recording videos with OBS while I am Playing, plus running TeamSpeak and chatting and typically uploading to Youtube all at the same time with no issues, while typically running a high graphics.

So your thought process that a gaming PC is 5000 dollars is a bit on the extreme end...

This seems to be a problem with me. Most pc people(not you) usually have the notion that console people are poor and that is why they have a console. If people aren’t spending 1000’s of dollars then I don’t know why they would say that.

I payed close to 1000 for the Xbox one X and I think it is doing a really good job. The really sad part is that I probably make a lot more money than most pc people but yet I don’t take that route of financial insults.

to start it off I would try to get the most amount of ram that I possibly could(depending on the mother board) but I am cool will paying even 1k for just ram.

money has never been the problem. I have always had a problem with the whole keyboard and mouse crap. I don’t care about the extra keys or macros. If I need a beer but I am in the middle of a battle, I can still bring my controller with me and be fully functional  while I am grabbing a beer.

bottom line is, if I was to buy a pc I would put a lot of money into it. I would make sure that at the very least the only thing I would have to upgrade was the video card. 

3 hours ago, Realist said:

This seems to be a problem with me. Most pc people(not you) usually have the notion that console people are poor and that is why they have a console. If people aren’t spending 1000’s of dollars then I don’t know why they would say that.

I payed close to 1000 for the Xbox one X and I think it is doing a really good job. The really sad part is that I probably make a lot more money than most pc people but yet I don’t take that route of financial insults.

to start it off I would try to get the most amount of ram that I possibly could(depending on the mother board) but I am cool will paying even 1k for just ram.

money has never been the problem. I have always had a problem with the whole keyboard and mouse crap. I don’t care about the extra keys or macros. If I need a beer but I am in the middle of a battle, I can still bring my controller with me and be fully functional  while I am grabbing a beer.

bottom line is, if I was to buy a pc I would put a lot of money into it. I would make sure that at the very least the only thing I would have to upgrade was the video card. 

Paying a 1000 dollars for a console to me screams more money then sense!  Sorry man PC's are far superior in every way!  For the life of me I don't understand console gamer's...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Paying a 1000 dollars for a console to me screams more money then sense!  Sorry man PC's are far superior in every way!  For the life of me I don't understand console gamer's...

I also prefer xbox and I have a fast pc, its probaly because I like using a controler the most and playing in a recliner on a 60 inch plasma.  not to mention I NEVER have to deal with all the cheating that goes on on pc! (95% are Chinese lets be honest) asia does  not play on xbox so im good 🙂

5 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

I also prefer xbox and I have a fast pc, its probaly because I like using a controler the most and playing in a recliner on a 60 inch plasma.  not to mention I NEVER have to deal with all the cheating that goes on on pc! (95% are Chinese lets be honest) asia does  not play on xbox so im good 🙂

Yeah I love using a controller and just kicking back. I can also walk all over the house with the controller. It would be pretty hard to do that with a keyboard and mouse.

5 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Oh I guarantee that the Xbox Scarlett will be at least 1000 when it first comes out. They are even saying the Scarlett will rival good gaming pc’s.

sure it will be outdated software shortly after but what that means is that it will still be a pretty good machine.

plus what lordkahn said, we don’t have too much cheating on Xbox. It does happen but not that often.

I can understand why people use consoles,I use the xbox controller for all my pc games,The thing that put me off consoles years ago was how often they started becoming obselete and how quick the next one came out,that and the inability to play older games.then xbox live just so I could play online,and I also hate what microsoft do in the gaming industry,.the only thing they have going for them is their customer services are really good. As for windows,I only wish there was a decent alternative. But every individual has the right to spend their money where they think best. tbh not everyone,especially with a house and family has that much spare cash. 

1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

I can understand why people use consoles,I use the xbox controller for all my pc games,The thing that put me off consoles years ago was how often they started becoming obselete and how quick the next one came out,that and the inability to play older games.then xbox live just so I could play online,and I also hate what microsoft do in the gaming industry,.the only thing they have going for them is their customer services are really good. As for windows,I only wish there was a decent alternative. But every individual has the right to spend their money where they think best. tbh not everyone,especially with a house and family has that much spare cash. 

Yeh the thing for me is console is just plug n play, but many games get massive nerfs to gameplay to make them compatible or the pc version is so utterly dumbed down, so both versions are easily patched.

Whilst there's an obvious montary value to developers to sell to both platforms, it has utterly ruined quality in gaming for the pc.  Whilst at the same time, massively improved gameplay for both ps and xbox, in that there are rules devs must follow for each platform, which result in heavy fines if not obeyed.  This in turn tends to create a perfect patch system as devs don't want to pay those extra charges, but it also creates a delayed patching system, as it takes awhile for each update/patch to be verified and tested.  So players loose out, having to wait longer etc.

The pc versions however, cannot be similarly enforced, due to the nature of pc's having to many different industry standards, oem versions etc. Would make compatibility issues impossible to enforce or even legislate to.  With xbox/ps the console is very specific hardware and easy to be developed to.

So in short, consoles games look rubbish, but tend to be better maintained.  Since there's only really 1-2 of each hardwares to deal with.

Pc games look amazing, but tend to poorly maintained.  And often unoptimised, because everyone is using 500 different video cards on 1000 different motherboards, with 350 different cpu's and ram sticks.  Not to mention a half dozen different operating systems.  Then there's a state of each individual pc in it's own maintenance, viral and various other issues, overclocking, misinformed overclocking, picnics and so on.

And of course.. the people who spend $1500 on a pc expecting it to work perfectly.. in an EA that is designed for pc's made 5 yrs before theirs.

Edited by Martyn

23 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

My rig for example:

MSI B250M Gaming Pro $60

Pentium G4620 $110

32 gig ram $160

4 Terabyte HD $80

1070TI $250

Pentium G4620 $110 Poor bottleneck making the rest of the pc slow.

You'd essentially be wasting money buying 32gb of ram or a 1070.. as the cpu would slow down the entire system.

Best way I've found is decide how much you're spending.  Buy the best mb and cpu you can afford, pair it with 16gb ram unless you intend to be doing some serious video editing or semi server gaming, ie hosting mp games etc.  And a midrange video card.  And win10 pro.  Which is usually the cheapest version oddly, since pro comes with apps that should really be in home version.  If you can afford it, buy the business version.  You can shop around for win10pro there's plenty of places selling keys for under $20.  If you look.  Midrange vc if you intend to be playing Ea's etc as the Ea's usually aren't setup for cutting edge tech deployed in newer vc's.  They can even sometimes hamper your gameplay.

And stay away from watercooling etc.. as that needs to be maintained.. otherwise the gel degrades overtime as does your output etc.

I'd normally pay upto around £80 for mb, £350 for cpu and £180 for vc.  Keep old box, hdd, cd/dvd rom if it still works.

Decent silver psu for £40-60 (don't get the eco versions) that covers max output of mb, cpu, vc and ram at minimum settings.  So around £620 for a pc.  My current is worth around £800.  Although they sent me 32gb of ram I only bought 16. 🙂

Edited by Martyn

8 hours ago, Martyn said:

Pentium G4620 $110 Poor bottleneck making the rest of the pc slow.

You'd essentially be wasting money buying 32gb of ram or a 1070.. as the cpu would slow down the entire system.

Best way I've found is decide how much you're spending.  Buy the best mb and cpu you can afford, pair it with 16gb ram unless you intend to be doing some serious video editing or semi server gaming, ie hosting mp games etc.  And a midrange video card.  And win10 pro.  Which is usually the cheapest version oddly, since pro comes with apps that should really be in home version.  If you can afford it, buy the business version.  You can shop around for win10pro there's plenty of places selling keys for under $20.  If you look.  Midrange vc if you intend to be playing Ea's etc as the Ea's usually aren't setup for cutting edge tech deployed in newer vc's.  They can even sometimes hamper your gameplay.

And stay away from watercooling etc.. as that needs to be maintained.. otherwise the gel degrades overtime as does your output etc.

I'd normally pay upto around £80 for mb, £350 for cpu and £180 for vc.  Keep old box, hdd, cd/dvd rom if it still works.

Decent silver psu for £40-60 (don't get the eco versions) that covers max output of mb, cpu, vc and ram at minimum settings.  So around £620 for a pc.  My current is worth around £800.  Although they sent me 32gb of ram I only bought 16. 🙂

CPU hasn't been the bottleneck for a computer in several years now!    Please keep your un educated thoughts to yourself....

The Hard Drive is the current bottleneck in my Computer and most everyone's computer!  

And after that Software tends to be the next bottleneck... 

As for 32 GB of ram being a waist thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard...  If I had more then 32 gig then perhaps as a 64 bit OS can't handle any more, but RAM doesn't speed up or slow down your Computer, well it could if your using a slower clock speed then your Bus Speed supports but my RAM is matched to my boards bus speed so that's not an issue...  More RAM simply allows for you system to swap and handle more simultaneous functions and having 32 gig of RAM is not a waist.

As for the video card being more elaborate then the rest of the system well your right.  But at the same time the Video Card is one of the only parts of your system that often times is truelly utilized bye most game's, and what I mean bye that are some games are CPU heavy like Arma3 for instance in arma3 you run into whats called a Software bottleneck which forces the CPU to handle most process's and only 1 Core at that....  However my build even when playing Arma3 peform's quite well!!!  Why???  Because the Pentium g4620 being only a dual core has a healthy 3.7GhZ processor and its Bus Speed is 2400 Just like The Ram Just like the Board...

The fact of the matter is all of this hardware is Same Generation and your "Bottleneck" Theory your attempting to point out could work if something in this build was from another generation!

For instance a MOBO with an 1800 Mhz bus...

Or 2133 MhZ Ram

In these situations you can get a Bottleneck thats based on Hardware from different generations!  But again that's not the case with my build...

In the Generation of my build the limitations of Sata 2 ability to read right from my Mechanical drive is my machine's limitation!  The stronger Video Card is not a waist of money its a benifit and can often times pull much of the load off of the weaker CPU which is one of the best Value per dollar cpu's you can find on the market today, mind you!

No the age of the CPU bottleneck Was 2 Mother board Generations ago!  Maybe you need to adapt with the time....

Have you bothered to wonder why Solid State Hard Drives are the new rage???  News Flash its because the HD has become the new bottleneck.

DDR4 Was the rage with the last generation of boards???  Why because the the Ram's Clock speed wasn't keeping up with the Mother boards...

And before that Generation of tech the CPU was the bottleneck, that's like over 10 years ago now!!!

Edited by Sulfurblade

On 7/6/2019 at 7:41 PM, Sulfurblade said:

try buying 2 or 3  2080 ti (currently top card on market) for less than $4000 so that blows your theory  right out window about sli ing top video cards , and then adding the rest (cpu , mboard, memory, hdd , ) to even push the cards to their max performance for less than 5k , you are talking bullshit , 

your system runs any new games at best on low to medium setting  , with sub par frame rates , and you know it ,unless you can post us a video of your pc running atlas/ark/  max settings at a good resolution  u are talking rubbish , 

u need high end expensive machines to run true 4k at 60fps , this is why people who can will spend upwards of $5000 for their pcs they want to play games and have them looking their best , not looking like something from 20 years ago

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz
Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz
Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz
Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz
AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core
Intel Pentium G4620 @ 3.70GHz
PassMark Software © 2008-2019
Edited by UDO

56 minutes ago, UDO said:

try buying 2 or 3  2080 ti (currently top card on market) for less than $4000 so that blows your theory  right out window about sli ing top video cards , and then adding the rest (cpu , mboard, memory, hdd , ) to even push the cards to their max performance for less than 5k , you are talking bullshit , 

your system runs any new games at best on low to medium setting  , with sub par frame rates , and you know it ,unless you can post us a video of your pc running atlas/ark/  max settings at a good resolution  u are talking rubbish , 

u need high end expensive machines to run true 4k at 60fps , this is why people who can will spend upwards of $5000 for their pcs they want to play games and have them looking their best , not looking like something from 20 years ago

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz
Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz
Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz
Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz
AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core
Intel Pentium G4620 @ 3.70GHz
PassMark Software © 2008-2019

Yeah I was thinking I would need to spend more than 1k but everyone else was saying 1k would be fine. Thank you for your input.

it is really unfortunate because I would get a pc and use a controller but none of my buddies have a pc. My only hope to get a pc would be if atlas went the ark route and let pc play with Xbox “via Microsoft store” 

I am not doing steam if I get a pc. Microsoft store just just fine with combining Xbox and pc. I’ll make sure to spend a pretty penny on a pc if I do get it

SSDs are yesterday mate.  And your pc build is a joke, I just thought you could benefit from my experience, but clearly not, you're a picnic and that'll be your ongoing downfall.

32 gb of ram.. at best you'll crash from memory leaks less.. that's about the only advantage you'll ever see. 

Because the Pentium g4620 being only a dual core

You said it.  Nobody even writes software for dual cores anymore.

The reason ssds are decent is because they are basically ram in drive form.  They can generally transfer at the same speed as the bus and ram, at the output of the cpu.  Hdds on the other hand might run slower, but can generally hold vast amounts of data and are extremely cheap for doing so.

But the new rage.. are micro ssds on a stick.   These are even faster than ssds.  But such speed isn't really needed for gaming.  Esp not for ea's.

Like the Samsung 970 Evo Plus series.  It's basically a ssd on a card.

Edited by Martyn

10 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah I was thinking I would need to spend more than 1k but everyone else was saying 1k would be fine. Thank you for your input.

it is really unfortunate because I would get a pc and use a controller but none of my buddies have a pc. My only hope to get a pc would be if atlas went the ark route and let pc play with Xbox “via Microsoft store” 

I am not doing steam if I get a pc. Microsoft store just just fine with combining Xbox and pc. I’ll make sure to spend a pretty penny on a pc if I do get it

i dont have the best machine on the market but it is a higher spec than your average pc gamer 2080 ti, i9 , m2 drives for os and games , ssd for everything else , , i can run games in 4k and get 60 fps plus but not in every area , not with 100% consistency it does depending on where i am how many other players , what's built etc i do drop to low 30;s ,but damn do games look good 🙂

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1