Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

Seriously Devs!!!

16 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I don't follow football.. but apparently I can comment on every team? Make suggestions how they should play? Having no clue what I'm talking about?

You still have a right to comment yes. Will anyone listen to your comments, probably not, like most of yours on this forum, but still you have a right to comment about football.

So I say it again, every single person in the world has a right to comment on Atlas whether they play it or not.

21 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Not everyone has a right to comment on a public forum about a public game in a freedom of speech world.... man you still high? People have commented that @Realist doesn't have a place to comment as he doesn't play the game, they don't really mean he has no right to comment, they just don't like the fact that someone with no experience of the game should push for changes that they haven't experienced themselves.

Now Realist has every right to comment like every single other person on this forum. If someone from Atlas is global banned in the game, they still have a right to comment on the development of the game. If someone doesn't play during the week but plays at weekends only, they still have a right to comment on the forum.

You have a right to say who has no right to comment because it's your opinion, an opinion that means shit btw.

And to say not everyone has the right to comment unless maybe their special.... well i'm not going to comment on that as i'll have the Mods on my back.

Seriously????  

Guybrush, its not hard to read what Martyn wrote here and it certainly wasn't a personal attack on Realist!!!!  

Now I don't want to defend Martyn to be honest, because I rarely agree with his points of view, but if anyone in this thread has recieved a personal attack its Martyn!

He simply used Realist as an example, what he posted is what most people say to discredit Realist, he never said he agree's with this point of thought, and he confirms this bye saying "Now Realist has every right to comment like every single other person on this forum."

This is a game in Early Access Alpha stage!!!  

Alpha and Beta testers USE TO BE PAYED, to give "quality" feedback!

Now in the bizarre world we live in we have early access where, Everyone gets to pay the developer to Alpha Beta Test:

Have no idea what being a Tester involves and act as if they purchased the finished product.

There should not be people DEFENDING the game there is nothing to defend its in ALPHA and everything can and SHOULD be changed.

Now its fine to point counter point based on preferences, but at the end of the day NO single persons Game Play preference should be more important then anothers!

And if you don't like what someone posts then remember that Disney Movie your Parents made you watch called Bambi...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Martyn said:

That isn't the point.. although you probably don't. And it does.  You are only guessing at the facts of what you are basing your opinion on.  Because you don't play.. end of. There is no argument here.. it's like the cheating to n fro.. no argument to be made.  You don't play.. you have no basis for argument.  You can comment on ideas etc but you don't have the right to argue opinions of people who are still playing, after you got bored and quit.  But clearly you disagree.. I disagree with you.. you with me.. we're just pointing this out repeatedly.. so

I won't comment on your comments.  You don't comment on mine. 

Jesus fuckin christ, Im not guessing. Atlas is the same game as it was 2 weeks ago when I still played, just with these QoL changes which fixed things that were annoying, for instance refilling 10 defence towers with 10-15 NPCs each all around the island, 6 galleons full of crew, 15 brigs full of crew, multiple schooners and hundred puckle guns all around the island. It took more than 4 hours to refill all these thinks and man, It was really boring. I know this much better than u are because I actually done that multiple times (just like my crewmates which hated it too). If you don´t see, sorry, your fault. You lack experience, not me.

I know that for you and your 2 pve ships this change doesn´t do anything but for people who have a lot of NPCs (like hundreds all around the Settlement) its nice. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

Guybrush, its not hard to read what Martyn wrote here and it certainly wasn't a personal attack on Realist!!!!

I never said he personally attacked Realist, I just used him as an example too.

The attack was on Willard when Martyn claimed he has no right to comment just because he takes a few days out of the game.

13 minutes ago, Martyn said:

You are only guessing at the facts of what you are basing your opinion on.  Because you don't play.. end of. There is no argument here.. it's like the cheating to n fro.. no argument to be made.  You don't play.. you have no basis for argument.  You can comment on ideas etc but you don't have the right to argue opinions of people who are still playing, after you got bored and quit. 

And now Martyn you can't have your cake and eat it too...

You can't in one post defend Realists ability to have a right to comment and then in this post subvert your earlier comment for your own gain!

9 minutes ago, Willard said:

Jesus fuckin christ, Im not guessing. Atlas is the same game as it was 2 weeks ago when I still played, just with these QoL changes which fixed things that were annoying, for instance refilling 10 defence towers with 10-15 NPCs each all around the island, 6 galleons full of crew, 15 brigs full of crew, multiple schooners and hundred puckle guns all around the island. It took more than 4 hours to refill all these thinks and man, It was really boring. I know this much better than u are because I actually done that multiple times (just like my crewmates which hated it too). If you don´t see, sorry, your fault. You lack experience, not me.

I know that for you and your 2 pve ships this change doesn´t do anything but for people who have a lot of NPCs (like hundreds all around the Settlement) its nice. 

You have very solid points here and they make sense but your also coloring things with frustration and hostility.

The fact is you can win a debate with the facts and you have the facts layed out and you are right, but you colored them over with needless hostility

2 hours ago, Willard said:

Man you really don't have experience with maintaining 20+ ships with crew, several defence towers + hundreds of puckle guns do you? Otherwise you can't say nonsense like silo isn't worth from qol point of view 😉 and ye, berries are all you need to maintain your food, you don't need veggies. Feeding NPCs with cooked food, jesus, such a waste 😄

These comments clearly put Martyn on defensive,  (To an extent its a bed of his own making) but at the same time you can clearly see bye his follow on comments that he is on the defensive and feeling cornered....

What a strange day that I find myself mediating on a forum....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

You are doing well if I do say so myself. 👍

Thanks I must be tired.... Its typically far more fun to fan the flames then toss water on em?!?

29 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

You have very solid points here and they make sense but your also coloring things with frustration and hostility.

The fact is you can win a debate with the facts and you have the facts layed out and you are right, but you colored them over with needless hostility

These comments clearly put Martyn on defensive,  (To an extent its a bed of his own making) but at the same time you can clearly see bye his follow on comments that he is on the defensive and feeling cornered....

What a strange day that I find myself mediating on a forum....

Sorry but im hostile against people who tell me I have no right to tell my opinion because I don´t play the game rn. 

6 hours ago, Martyn said:

I don't follow football.. but apparently I can comment on every team? Make suggestions how they should play? Having no clue what I'm talking about? You actually believe that? I don't play ark.. I'm not in ark forums telling them how to make their game.. it really is that simple.. don't play.. no rights.  Freedom of speech is not about making comments on privately run servers.. it's about citizens rights in their own country, against their own government.. nothing to do with private forums.. your freedom of speech, is your right to tell your local senator what you think of him.. literally.. and he can't do anything about it.  That's all.  It doesn't give you the right to insult people, degrade them, make innuendos or anything else.  Those are actually assaults.  Maybe you need to go and learn about what stuff actually means before you go spouting your nonsense.

Technically those people don’t play football either. They watch others play football and comment on what others are doing without them doing it themselves. I have watched a lot of gameplay on atlas.

i just don’t see the difference between me and a football fan and why it makes a difference if I am pressing the keys. I am still seeing the same stuff that the player is.

i was even telling the twitch people to do certain things a while back because I wanted to see someone. It’s not like I can physically be there doing just like the players themselves can physically be there doing it. I believe watching gameplay is the same as playing. That is probably why twitch is so big.

but yeah I don’t think people should just insult each other. Happens to me on here all the time lol

10 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

And now Martyn you can't have your cake and eat it too...

You can't in one post defend Realists ability to have a right to comment and then in this post subvert your earlier comment for your own gain!

I wasn't. I don't condone realists right to comment either. (didn't intend to if I did) He never even bought the game.  But, alot of what he says tends to center around viewpoints that can be argued without having played the game.

Edited by Martyn

10 hours ago, Willard said:

You actually think you're the only person who's maintained a base.. I laugh at your tiny base.  You should see what I used to maintain in ark.  It didn't take hours, it took days.  The silo is a nice idea.. but it's only for berries.. and gold.  If anything, it makes my QoL much worse.. as I can't harvest berries fast enough, we put 5000 berries on the silo, about 10 hours later, there were 450.. using meat/veg is way better.   It lasts much longer than berries.  I guess if you have easy access to berries it's a different issue but for me.. not so much.

I can fill a food larder and not have to touch it again for a few days.. the silo.. didn't last a day.

Edited by Martyn

There is definitely something wrong with their math. Decay timer of 5000 days on berries? Crew suddenly going on a shopping spree and cost 10x as much gold. I put 1000 gold in to feed 4 idle crew on an island where I had turned the flag off. Came back the next day to 600 gold in the silo. Hmm...I guess they reaaaaaaalllly got more expensive.

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

I wasn't. I don't condone realists right to comment either. (didn't intend to if I did) He never even bought the game.  But, alot of what he says tends to center around viewpoints that can be argued without having played the game.

Yeah a lot of people say I have over 2k posts yet there is over 57k posts. I have always made sure to stray away from very specific in game mechanics. Always do. My main target point is opinion threads. To me that gives me an instant in because opinion is actually a right people have.

Every once in awhile I go a little deeper like with the 1400 upkeep with the playershops. Didn’t need to play the game to know that that sucked.

just to make sure i took a look at posts I replied to. If I have replied to a thread, there will be a star instead of a red circle. Compared to all of the total threads o usually reply to 1 out of every 20.

its cool you don’t condone it either but thanks for being straight up.

Edited by Realist

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

You actually think you're the only person who's maintained a base.. I laugh at your tiny base.  You should see what I used to maintain in ark.  It didn't take hours, it took days.  The silo is a nice idea.. but it's only for berries.. and gold.  If anything, it makes my QoL much worse.. as I can't harvest berries fast enough, we put 5000 berries on the silo, about 10 hours later, there were 450.. using meat/veg is way better.   It lasts much longer than berries.  I guess if you have easy access to berries it's a different issue but for me.. not so much.

I can fill a food larder and not have to touch it again for a few days.. the silo.. didn't last a day.

I don't care about your base in ARK, we are talking about qol changes in Atlas. Maintaining base in ARK is easy in comparison to Atlas (I have 1800 hours in ARK too so I believe I have a right to compare it), you have no defence towers all across the map with NPCs which need both gold and food. You don't have puckle guns all around the island and you don't have ships with the crew. Each of those you had to visit "personally", give food into their larders, give gold to ship resource chests. Until now. So now people don't have to spend hours and hours running with gold and berries and refilling everything. That change is huge imprpvement. In ARK you need to refill only food AND gasoline (or element in case of tek gens), moreover it takes a lot of time in ARK before your animals begin to starve. 

16 hours ago, Realist said:

Technically those people don’t play football either. They watch others play football and comment on what others are doing without them doing it themselves. I have watched a lot of gameplay on atlas.

i just don’t see the difference between me and a football fan and why it makes a difference if I am pressing the keys. I am still seeing the same stuff that the player is.

i was even telling the twitch people to do certain things a while back because I wanted to see someone. It’s not like I can physically be there doing just like the players themselves can physically be there doing it. I believe watching gameplay is the same as playing. That is probably why twitch is so big.

but yeah I don’t think people should just insult each other. Happens to me on here all the time lol

I kinda agree with this, alot of what goes on in the game doesn't need to be touched or felt within the game for comment to be made on.  However, alot of what happens in videos.. is edited for effect, staged etc for amusement.  Which can lead to false assumptions.

That said, the viewer can watch a fight and go "oooh... that's unfair.. see that!" and the player will be in total agreement.

It's even possible indeed probable, that viewers will see stuff or guess stuff that the player can't/won't because they're preoccupied with not getting their legs ripped off..

But.. the issue here, is that people who don't play a game.. not only don't have any moneytary input or quite likely, won't play it ever again, somehow have the right to steer how the game is designed.  ie to change the gameplay future.. of current gamers.   The people who do put into the game on a daily basis and do make "in circumstances" ongoing payments etc should be the only ones giving feedback.  People who haven't played for a week or more, don't own the game etc.. shouldn't even be allowed to post in the forums.. let alone view the content.

They should perhaps get a forum for themselves to discuss theory.  Where their opinions can't hurt anyone.

Edited by Martyn
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I kinda agree with this, alot of what goes on in the game doesn't need to be touched or felt within the game for comment to be made on.  However, alot of what happens in videos.. is edited for effect, staged etc for amusement.  Which can lead to false assumptions.

That said, the viewer can watch a fight and go "oooh... that's unfair.. see that!" and the player will be in total agreement.

It's even possible indeed probable, that viewers will see stuff or guess stuff that the player can't/won't because they're preoccupied with not getting their legs ripped off..

But.. the issue here, is that people who don't play a game.. not only don't have any moneytary input or quite likely, won't play it ever again, somehow have the right to steer how the game is designed.  ie to change the gameplay future.. of current gamers.   The people who do put into the game on a daily basis and do make "in circumstances" ongoing payments etc should be the only ones giving feedback.  People who haven't played for a week or more, don't own the game etc.. shouldn't even be allowed to post in the forums.. let alone view the content.

They should perhaps get a forum for themselves to discuss theory.  Where their opinions can't hurt anyone.

I see myself as different in this situation but I do agree with the way you think.

i am someone who wants to play the game very badly. I don’t have a chance to play it. Sure the one rebuttal for that is that I buy a pc, but I mean thinking reasonably why would I pay 5k for a top on the line pc to play one game? Not just that but all my buddies play on console. With that in mind my opinion is I don’t have the choice to play it even though I want to.

if people choose not to play it then I totally get where you are coming from.

i will be playing the game plenty as in A LOT. Sucks that I can’t right now but that is just the situation I am in right now.

16 hours ago, Realist said:

I see myself as different in this situation but I do agree with the way you think.

i am someone who wants to play the game very badly. I don’t have a chance to play it. Sure the one rebuttal for that is that I buy a pc, but I mean thinking reasonably why would I pay 5k for a top on the line pc to play one game? Not just that but all my buddies play on console. With that in mind my opinion is I don’t have the choice to play it even though I want to.

if people choose not to play it then I totally get where you are coming from.

i will be playing the game plenty as in A LOT. Sucks that I can’t right now but that is just the situation I am in right now.

For 1k or less you can build a very capable gaming pc here in Europe, and that's with our ridiculous 20+ VAT.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 10:00 AM, Martyn said:

This is a typical response from you willard. One obvious question.. if you don't go online for days.. why do you even bother? Since you aren't playing anymore, you're essentially backseat arguing about the games development.  Something many of you accuse realist of.  Since he also, by not having the game technically has no right to make complaints about the game.  IF you're not playing other than to log in "every few days" neither do you.

Half of the people on the forum have such conditions. You are incompetent in this and blame half of the participants.

Your best developer solution is to leave one server for 1000 players who are online every day?

• Confused 1

The best solution would be to make a player only feedback forum.  And cut out all the misinformed opinions.

For example:

Non Players: The silo is a great idea, fantastic, super, wow..

The Players: The silo doesn't actually work, it just feeds everyone, with gold and berries.  Friends, Enemies, Strangers, Allies..

Now lets say Grapecard followed the opinion of the Non Players..

They'd never know.. that the silo was broken.  Thanks for that, non players.. I'm sure the players will thank you.

The latter part of my argument is that non players making promises to rejoin and therefore directly be informed and supportive with actual detailed information from their own actual experience.. are still non players.. until they actually become players.   Making promises, does not guarantee your return and the game should not be steered in the direction of your demands. But in the direction of the actual players.

The game should only be designed and manipulated for the players, by the players.  Not for the spectators.

Of course.. the spectators will disagree.. I'm sure even some of the players will as well.  This is my opinion.  Don't like? Lump it.

Now you'll need to forgive me, but I have to get back to playing the game...

Edited by Martyn

11 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

5k?  What currency are you using to spend 5k on a damn PC?  

Cyber power pc gamer extreme is 10k. A guy a worked with said he built his from the ground up and cost him 3k but he could have made more upgrades

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Cyber power pc gamer extreme is 10k. A guy a worked with said he built his from the ground up and cost him 3k but he could have made more upgrades

lol I know Atlas is not exactly a fully optimised game, but you definitely don't need a 10k gaming PC, nor would you need a 5k one.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

lol I know Atlas is not exactly a fully optimised game, but you definitely don't need a 10k gaming PC, nor would you need a 5k one.

Why don’t people just buy the top of the line and then never have to worry about it.

i am going to buy Xbox Scarlett the minute it comes out lol. I should be good for a few years till the next one comes out.