Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

Seriously Devs!!!

If you patch and it changes me keys.. please warn me..

Now I have to change them all back again!!

Also:

Crew on Fully Anchored Boats:

1st priority: Silo
2nd priority: Claim Flags
3rd priority: Resource Box and Food larder

I think it should be 1st Silo, 2nd Resource box and food larder 3rd claim flags.

I do not want my crewmen soaking up all my flag resources.  Which I think is the real reason this has been added btw.. it is your intention to add in further sinks for gold and resources doing this.  So people run out of gold in their flags faster, therefore loose their islands more often.

I'd rather loose my crewmen, than loose my island.

Edited by Martyn

People can turn off the ability to have gold/food taken from claim flags altogether, if they prefer.

The reason we opted for it as 2nd priority over Resource Boxes and Larders on anchored boats is so that people didn't feel like they would have to continuously replenish their stockpile on anchored boats (loading them up is quite a process compared to claimflags/silos).

• Thanks 1

Why not just make it so people can choose from what things come from or allow them to change the options instead of resource box 3 you can make it number 1 and so on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

Why not just make it so people can choose from what things come from or allow them to change the options instead of resource box 3 you can make it number 1 and so on. 

Much more logic involved and heavier on server performance to make it dynamic. 

Choosing the priority would be nice, but I feel its a bit of a knit pick.

EDIT:  We need all the server performance we can get so I am ok with that. 

Edited by DocHolliday

20 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

People can turn off the ability to have gold/food taken from claim flags altogether, if they prefer.

The reason we opted for it as 2nd priority over Resource Boxes and Larders on anchored boats is so that people didn't feel like they would have to continuously replenish their stockpile on anchored boats (loading them up is quite a process compared to claimflags/silos).

True.. haulers can't fly and getting the materials down stairs and ramps is considerably more difficult that just riding upto a bank or silo.

And only admins/owners can change flags settings.  Everyone else has to just make do with those changes. If it was defaulted the other way around, those who were perhaps not aware of the settings or procedures would perhaps have an easier life ongoing.

A question on berry consumption, since it seems only those foods can be loaded.. how much food does a crewman take from a single berry.. compared to say from meat, farmed/wild veg/fish/milk etc.

This is my main issue, if you load 10,000 berries into your flag.. log in the next day and find that they're all gone and your crew are starving.. when as the day before, you lost 100 cocoa.. and some potatoes they weren't.. similarly, if i put 10,000 gold into my flag, then come island payment day, find there isn't enough gold in my flag I loose my island.

But if I put it in my ships chest.. I only loose my crew.

Performance be damned.. if I loose my island.

Edited by Martyn

32 minutes ago, Martyn said:

This is my main issue, if you load 10,000 berries into your flag.. log in the next day and find that they're all gone and your crew are starving.. when as the day before, you lost 100 cocoa.. and some potatoes they weren't.. similarly, if i put 10,000 gold into my flag, then come island payment day, find there isn't enough gold in my flag I loose my island.

So... Turn off claim flag payments? Or use a silo instead.

All the tools and info have been provided, at this point if you lose your island due to this it's on you.

4 hours ago, Kidori said:

So... Turn off claim flag payments? Or use a silo instead.

All the tools and info have been provided, at this point if you lose your island due to this it's on you.

This is true to an extent.. but not all of the tools are provided.. otherwise I'd not be suggesting something.  Your suggestion.. doesn't fix the problem, it just ignores the problem. 

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Martyn said:

True.. haulers can't fly and getting the materials down stairs and ramps is considerably more difficult that just riding upto a bank or silo.

And only admins/owners can change flags settings.  Everyone else has to just make do with those changes. If it was defaulted the other way around, those who were perhaps not aware of the settings or procedures would perhaps have an easier life ongoing.

A question on berry consumption, since it seems only those foods can be loaded.. how much food does a crewman take from a single berry.. compared to say from meat, farmed/wild veg/fish/milk etc.

Man your problems are from a different world, really. Can you simply count your daily gold consumption or just test it? Like put 10k gold in your flag and see other day how much gold you lost over 24 hours. Same.with berries. You don't have to be Einstein for this. 

Its much better than refilling 20 boats and 10 defense towers like a slave. You complain just to complain really.

Edit: btw its normal to have several thousands of gold in a flag so you can maintain your island for days without going online. Just don't refill flag with precisely counted gold every day. Then you really risk you island. Otherwise you don't. 

Edited by Willard
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Willard said:

Man your problems are from a different world, really. Can you simply count your daily gold consumption or just test it? Like put 10k gold in your flag and see other day how much gold you lost over 24 hours. Same.with berries. You don't have to be Einstein for this. 

Its much better than refilling 20 boats and 10 defense towers like a slave. You complain just to complain really.

Edit: btw its normal to have several thousands of gold in a flag so you can maintain your island for days without going online. Just don't refill flag with precisely counted gold every day. Then you really risk you island. Otherwise you don't. 

This is a typical response from you willard. One obvious question.. if you don't go online for days.. why do you even bother? Since you aren't playing anymore, you're essentially backseat arguing about the games development.  Something many of you accuse realist of.  Since he also, by not having the game technically has no right to make complaints about the game.  IF you're not playing other than to log in "every few days" neither do you.

As to my reply: We are.. the problem is being forced to test in specific circumstances, where ships cannot goto specific islands whilst this testing is being done.

That said, I personally, would expect a developer or community manager to have these answers.  Since it is apparent, you don't either.. nor anyone else in the community.  (You won't since you don't even play anymore, but only login to maintain your base)

In fact it seems quite apparent, that between the devs, the wiki and the large fan base.. noone really knows any facts about atlas.  Esp not to those of us, who actually play the game on a daily basis.

As for refilly 20 boats or towers.. It only pays gold and basic food maintenance.. it is full of flaws in it's design.

Doesn't refill our main loss.. ie ammo or ship maintenance.. The loss in gold/food is minimal.  The majority grind is in wood/thatch/fiber/metal/alloy/coal & flint.  You can't grow these in a farm.

If anything the new system, which I have praised in it's basic form, stops crews from mutiny by offering a lifeline.  Outside of this, it's really a useless change. Takes only a few minutes to replenish food in larders etc.

Now we're expected to grind massive amounts of berries? Safeguard our flag gold.. with no information ingame on when exactly the next maintenance will happen or when the next crew payment will occur.. kinda vital info for running any organisation.

Edited by Martyn

33 minutes ago, Willard said:

so you can maintain your island for days without going online.

Yet you think you have the right to comment..

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 1

@Jatheish what about feeding our tames? Does this also now come from the silo or do we still have to go around feeding them still? If we do still have to feed them separately - it defeats the object of the silo as we still have to go to every ship or area where we have tames.

26 minutes ago, Martyn said:

This is a typical response from you willard. One obvious question.. if you don't go online for days.. why do you even bother? Since you aren't playing anymore, you're essentially backseat arguing about the games development.  Something many of you accuse realist of.  Since he also, by not having the game technically has no right to make complaints about the game.  IF you're not playing other than to log in "every few days" neither do you.

As to my reply: We are.. the problem is being forced to test in specific circumstances, where ships cannot goto specific islands whilst this testing is being done.

That said, I personally, would expect a developer or community manager to have these answers.  Since it is apparent, you don't either.. nor anyone else in the community.  (You won't since you don't even play anymore, but only login to maintain your base)

In fact it seems quite apparent, that between the devs, the wiki and the large fan base.. noone really knows any facts about atlas.  Esp not to those of us, who actually play the game on a daily basis.

As for refilly 20 boats or towers.. It only pays gold and basic food maintenance.. it is full of flaws in it's design.

Doesn't refill our main loss.. ie ammo or ship maintenance.. The loss in gold/food is minimal.  The majority grind is in wood/thatch/fiber/metal/alloy/coal & flint.  You can't grow these in a farm.

If anything the new system, which I have praised in it's basic form, stops crews from mutiny by offering a lifeline.  Outside of this, it's really a useless change. Takes only a few minutes to replenish food in larders etc.

Now we're expected to grind massive amounts of berries? Safeguard our flag gold.. with no information ingame on when exactly the next maintenance will happen or when the next crew payment will occur.. kinda vital info for running any organisation.

Yeah I can’t wait till console release. Straight up playing every single day for multiple hours.

but yes, I do still want certain things added or removed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Martyn said:

Yet you think you have the right to comment..

I bought Atlas and I have 900 hours ingame, ye I have a right to comment. You know why? Because I care about Atlas and I want to play it again in the future. Having a break does not mean I lose my right to comment 😉

This QoL change is huge step ahead yet you see problems which aren't here. If you lose your claim because of crew payments you are just insanely bad at this game sorry to tell you. Stop accussing developers they did this change because they want people to lose your claim faster etc., its ridiculous and on the edge or paranoia. Keep gold in your silo and in your flag and you are ok, u can honestly never lose your island.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

It's also obvious.  Pity you're blinded by your holiday humour.

The silo is not really worth any qol at all.  If it could be filled with cooked meat, farmed vegs, cooked foods etc.  Then it might be useful, otherwise.. it's as bad as the food larders.

Would be even more useful if you could make several of them, like one next to farm, one next to market, one next to cook/bar.. etc.  But you just put berries in it. Might as well just use the flag.

It's also only available with esotery and doesn't even cost stone to build it.  It should be available with advanced tools or at least wooden structures since it is one. 

And if you're not playing.. you don't really.  You have no current build experience.. so really you shouldn't be commenting at all.

Edited by Martyn

Man you really don't have experience with maintaining 20+ ships with crew, several defence towers + hundreds of puckle guns do you? Otherwise you can't say nonsense like silo isn't worth from qol point of view 😉 and ye, berries are all you need to maintain your food, you don't need veggies. Feeding NPCs with cooked food, jesus, such a waste 😄

Edited by Willard

1 hour ago, Willard said:

Man you really don't have experience with maintaining 20+ ships with crew, several defence towers + hundreds of puckle guns do you? Otherwise you can't say nonsense like silo isn't worth from qol point of view 😉 and ye, berries are all you need to maintain your food, you don't need veggies. Feeding NPCs with cooked food, jesus, such a waste 😄

Is it a waste? How so? I can cook meat faster than I can collect berries.. there are almost none at all on my island.  Not every island has them you know.. but we have plenty spiders and thus tons of meat.. I also have a spacious farm, so plenty of vegs as well. 

As for feeding 20+ ships etc.. Don't see what the issue is.. it isn't like they eat much, if you aren't playing.  Region is unloaded.. Anyway.. conversation with you is clearly pointless.. since you seem only capable of arguing against anything I say.. hell, I could agree with you and you'd call me silly names and say I was wrong.

What's the difference between the flag and the silo? Er.. nothing? The graphic maybe.. so how exactly is it qol.. It's actually another thing you have to build and worse, you have to put points in esotery to get it..

That said.. beside the bank.. it's probably the only other useful item in esotery.. It isn't improving my QoL at least.. it's another skillpoint sink.. that I really don't need.

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

EVERYONE has a right to comment, this is a discussion forum. Nice to see you lowering yourself to personal attacks.

Personal attacks? What are you on about? Seriously.. wth.

And no, everyone does not have the right to comment, unless maybe you're special..

I own Elite Dangerous, I haven't played for awhile.. if they bring out new content, I can't comment on it, until I've played it.. it's really that simple.

Don't play.. Don't comment.  That's the problem with Ark and Atlas.. all these people making demands, suggestions and comments.. on a game, they don't even play anymore.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Personal attacks? What are you on about? Seriously.. wth.

And no, everyone does not have the right to comment, unless maybe you're special..

I own Elite Dangerous, I haven't played for awhile.. if they bring out new content, I can't comment on it, until I've played it.. it's really that simple.

Don't play.. Don't comment.  That's the problem with Ark and Atlas.. all these people making demands, suggestions and comments.. on a game, they don't even play anymore.

Not everyone has a right to comment on a public forum about a public game in a freedom of speech world.... man you still high? People have commented that @Realist doesn't have a place to comment as he doesn't play the game, they don't really mean he has no right to comment, they just don't like the fact that someone with no experience of the game should push for changes that they haven't experienced themselves.

Now Realist has every right to comment like every single other person on this forum. If someone from Atlas is global banned in the game, they still have a right to comment on the development of the game. If someone doesn't play during the week but plays at weekends only, they still have a right to comment on the forum.

You have a right to say who has no right to comment because it's your opinion, an opinion that means shit btw.

And to say not everyone has the right to comment unless maybe their special.... well i'm not going to comment on that as i'll have the Mods on my back.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Not everyone has a right to comment on a public forum about a public game in a freedom of speech world.... man you still high? People have commented that @Realist doesn't have a place to comment as he doesn't play the game, they don't really mean he has no right to comment, they just don't like the fact that someone with no experience of the game should push for changes that they haven't experienced themselves.

Now Realist has every right to comment like every single other person on this forum. If someone from Atlas is global banned in the game, they still have a right to comment on the development of the game. If someone doesn't play during the week but plays at weekends only, they still have a right to comment on the forum.

You have a right to say who has no right to comment because it's your opinion, an opinion that means shit btw.

And to say not everyone has the right to comment unless maybe their special.... well i'm not going to comment on that as i'll have the Mods on my back.

I don't follow football.. but apparently I can comment on every team? Make suggestions how they should play? Having no clue what I'm talking about? You actually believe that? I don't play ark.. I'm not in ark forums telling them how to make their game.. it really is that simple.. don't play.. no rights.  Freedom of speech is not about making comments on privately run servers.. it's about citizens rights in their own country, against their own government.. nothing to do with private forums.. your freedom of speech, is your right to tell your local senator what you think of him.. literally.. and he can't do anything about it.  That's all.  It doesn't give you the right to insult people, degrade them, make innuendos or anything else.  Those are actually assaults.  Maybe you need to go and learn about what stuff actually means before you go spouting your nonsense.

30 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Is it a waste? How so? I can cook meat faster than I can collect berries.. there are almost none at all on my island.  Not every island has them you know.. but we have plenty spiders and thus tons of meat.. I also have a spacious farm, so plenty of vegs as well. 

As for feeding 20+ ships etc.. Don't see what the issue is.. it isn't like they eat much, if you aren't playing.  Region is unloaded.. Anyway.. conversation with you is clearly pointless.. since you seem only capable of arguing against anything I say.. hell, I could agree with you and you'd call me silly names and say I was wrong.

What's the difference between the flag and the silo? Er.. nothing? The graphic maybe.. so how exactly is it qol.. It's actually another thing you have to build and worse, you have to put points in esotery to get it..

That said.. beside the bank.. it's probably the only other useful item in esotery.. It isn't improving my QoL at least.. it's another skillpoint sink.. that I really don't need.

You clearly lack experience with maintaining a lot of crew/defences etc. m8 so I understand you don´t see an QoL aspect of this change 😉 Otherwise you would certainly know how time consuming and boring is maintaining such amounts of NPCs and why this change is so awesome 🙂 

Edited by Willard

5 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I don't follow football.. but apparently I can comment on every team? Make suggestions how they should play? Having no clue what I'm talking about? You actually believe that? I don't play ark.. I'm not in ark forums telling them how to make their game.. it really is that simple.. don't play.. no rights.  Freedom of speech is not about making comments on privately run servers.. it's about citizens rights in their own country, against their own government.. nothing to do with private forums.. your freedom of speech, is your right to tell your local senator what you think of him.. literally.. and he can't do anything about it.  That's all.  It doesn't give you the right to insult people, degrade them, make innuendos or anything else.  Those are actually assaults.  Maybe you need to go and learn about what stuff actually means before you go spouting your nonsense.

Ye but im not someone who never played Atlas. I am probably much more experienced than you are. The fact you are still playing and I am not doesn´t make you someone who knows the game better 😉 I know everything about this game m8, the fact I stopped playing week ago doesn´t change it. 

Whatever.. base maintenance is all I do since noone plays atlas anymore.. but I have no idea.. what you say.

1 minute ago, Willard said:

Ye but im not someone who never played Atlas. I am probably much more experienced than you are. The fact you are still playing and I am not doesn´t make you someone who knows the game better 😉 I know everything about this game m8, the fact I stopped playing week ago doesn´t change it. 

That isn't the point.. although you probably don't. And it does.  You are only guessing at the facts of what you are basing your opinion on.  Because you don't play.. end of. There is no argument here.. it's like the cheating to n fro.. no argument to be made.  You don't play.. you have no basis for argument.  You can comment on ideas etc but you don't have the right to argue opinions of people who are still playing, after you got bored and quit.  But clearly you disagree.. I disagree with you.. you with me.. we're just pointing this out repeatedly.. so

I won't comment on your comments.  You don't comment on mine.