Guizmo08

Atlas Single Player - How to kill the kraken

Everything is in the title.

You need to kill the kraken in order to unlock the submarine, and i don't think there's any way to kill the kraken solo.

Is there any way to comple this task without giving myself the engram ?

Thank you

• Haha 1

If you use the multipliers and damage sliders in the sp menu it should affect all creatures,that's what I intend to do when i'm ready

1 minute ago, Whitehawk said:

If you use the multipliers and damage sliders in the sp menu it should affect all creatures,that's what I intend to do when i'm ready

Yeah i boosted stats for faster farming, etc...but that's not my point. For the fight against kraken you need to kill the tentacles, then get to the eye and shoot it + all the adds, even with a very powerfull ship i dont think that you can do it solo.

I dont know, you can in settings turn the creatures health down to almost zero,and your own hits way up.It should make the tentacles almost a one hit.This might do it,I guess i'll find out soon enough.

And so it begins....

(On a serious note it is possible to solo it if you have high enough gear, ships, and weapons; just sucks if you screw it up and die.... though I dunno how the game would handle that in SP with single zones being loaded at a time... might actually just despawn him/unload the zone)

• Like 1

You can 100% do it solo with a galleon. We used a galleon with 250% resist and the rest in damage. 1 weight 4 handling 1 speed you could easily do it with 3 speed i think it would have run better. 2 cannonballs will take out a tentacle np so we just put 3 cannons facing 45 degrees from our front and rear totalling 12 cannon. And then we had 20 each side in gunports but tbh that was overkill we did 1 volley and the head phase was over. All our cannons were only about 130% dmg. We didn't repair the planks once 1500 cannonballs will get you through. Only use the front and rear 45 degree cannons for tentacles so you can keep ports vlosed for more speed. Have a decent set of hp fur and spec into hp and fort. You want the savior feat in medicine because it is an aoe that will also heal your crew. Have good lvl 80+ crew members with armor on and the fight will be a breeze.

We had just a gally and a brig but could have easily solod it with just the gally

1 hour ago, seruum said:

You can 100% do it solo with a galleon. We used a galleon with 250% resist and the rest in damage. 1 weight 4 handling 1 speed you could easily do it with 3 speed i think it would have run better. 2 cannonballs will take out a tentacle np so we just put 3 cannons facing 45 degrees from our front and rear totalling 12 cannon. And then we had 20 each side in gunports but tbh that was overkill we did 1 volley and the head phase was over. All our cannons were only about 130% dmg. We didn't repair the planks once 1500 cannonballs will get you through. Only use the front and rear 45 degree cannons for tentacles so you can keep ports vlosed for more speed. Have a decent set of hp fur and spec into hp and fort. You want the savior feat in medicine because it is an aoe that will also heal your crew. Have good lvl 80+ crew members with armor on and the fight will be a breeze.

We had just a gally and a brig but could have easily solod it with just the gally

OK nice ty very much. For the time the eye is opened is it timed or is it damage based ? ty very much for the infos

I killed Kraken with a solo a week before na pve.

The first challenge was brigantine, but not enough time to kill the kraken.

So i made the galleon.

There are 11large cannons on each side and 4 medium cannon on the front. 8 medium cannons installed in the rear (level up)

I installed a large cannon because of the cannon range.

Ship level is over 40  Damage 220 defense 200

Destroy the approaching ship and consume as little as possible.

You can prepare as many items as you already have a lot of quests.

I never used a med kit.

I tried to use it but could not use it.

Because the ship is constantly damaged.

I could not afford to use a med kit because I was alone.

Only the monkey should live.

Until I killed Kraken, the galleon ship had never been repaired.

The galleon had six triangular sails.

The crews were all over 100 level.

One crew member was not killed while Kraken was killed.

The crew did not give clothes.

I prepared 400 large cannonballs and 300 medium cannonballs.

I remember consuming 300 large and 200 medium cannonballs.

Food pockets and bookshelf with weak physical strength will be destroyed.

Running time is  40 minutes.

I'm sorry I did not have enough English.

Good luck.

G5 E3 I9 NA PVE Norsca company

Edited by Norsca

You can build several ships, man em with crew and park em at the kraken. Then u sail in on another ship and trigger the kraken.

If u park the npc ships tactically close to the tentacles they wil help a lot.

It´s some work but it can be done.

I will try to do it without touching any settings, I consider that cheating and I don't like to cheat in games otherwise you will get bored faster.

I'd rather build alot of ships and take them there like someone suggested than take the easy option of increasing damage etc

don't cheat yourself you'll regret it.

I don't know about it being cheating in single player mode,surely that's up to the individual,the settings will give you a massive advantage but you won't be invincible.I personally see the giant crab in the same way as being a massive advantage for people,but it's part of the game.

Do not rush. Improve the ship and crew.

Dress the team, improve your health over 200, make first-aid kits and all engrams.

If you do not make kraken "kill")

Of course it is upto the individual it is their game after all but I certainly wouldn't do it.

If you increase settings other than base settings its cheating, no different than putting cheat codes in like you used to in past games.

If people want to do it though then cheat away if you enjoy that kind of thing.

I think it also depends on what you want to get from sp mode too.I use it to try things out that I don't want to waste time and resources doing in pve,like ship design,building,different weaps and stats etc. Especially if you are a pve solo player,which some of us smaller companies are fast becoming unfortunately.

Fight the Kraken? In Sp people will just cheat the submarine in.. insta cheatkill the kraken.. etc.. fight it? er..nope.

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Fight the Kraken? In Sp people will just cheat the submarine in.. insta cheatkill the kraken.. etc.. fight it? er..nope.

Wouldn't expect anything else from you. :classic_laugh:

No concept of people choosing to accept a challenge even if an easier option is available.

thank you very much to all the advices, and especially Norsca for the detailed guide !

confirmed the kill command that you would think would work on kraken does not work on the eye just the tentacles

Yeh thx for ideas people,Its a shame there is not a fleet command podium like captains podium,that would be something for the small group or company to work for.It seems even without multipliers people have downed the kraken,so in sp should be easier.