Cpt Jack Sparrow

is there a map of the single player mode?

I noticed this as well.

After talking to folks in Discord, the opinion was that it's single player. No need to claim land. Just go build anywhere.

I would like more details. I thought  you needed to place a flag to feed and pay crew in the base. 

I like the idea of claiming in single player so I can see where I've been 😄

• Like 1

I'm ok with there being no claim flag, but the downside is that every island now has the lawless decay rate. So why bother building as it would all disappear if you need to take a break?

17 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

I'm ok with there being no claim flag, but the downside is that every island now has the lawless decay rate. So why bother building as it would all disappear if you need to take a break?

If Atlas sp works like Ark sp then time stops when you log out, so decay timers don’t matter.

you can turn decay off in the menu in sp if you want to,it will even stop your boat decaying at a freeport

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

you can turn decay off in the menu in sp if you want to,it will even stop your boat decaying at a freeport

WoW that alone almost makes single player better then the Multi player mode!  Which is a travesty to be honest....  

Sorta proves a point that when you make a game with no law and order, no rules, it always turns into a grief fest, players are unable to self police on the internet!!!

6 hours ago, Cpt Jack Sparrow said:

i cant seem 2 find any Region where i can lay down my flag eveywhere i go says i cant place a flag in a lawless region.

For what? its SP :classic_blink:

7 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Thanks. I shall have to look more closely at the settings. So far I've not touched them.

To be able to feed and pay your npc garrison from one place.....

Edited by Salty Jack

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Why would there be a claim system in single player?

Oh yeah not sure about that either but I never said claim anything. 

Just now, Captain Stabbin said:

Oh yeah not sure about that either but I never said claim anything. 

What is it with people today? The topic started talking about claiming islands on single player, then @Nutcutt3r said "for what, it's SP" to which you responded with a comment about why you would have claims, which resulted in me saying "in single player?" hence the confusion of this topic.

So you're right you never said anything about claiming but you responded to a discussion about claiming islands. Must be a full moon out tonight with people on the forums.

14 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

What is it with people today? The topic started talking about claiming islands on single player, then @Nutcutt3r said "for what, it's SP" to which you responded with a comment about why you would have claims, which resulted in me saying "in single player?" hence the confusion of this topic.

So you're right you never said anything about claiming but you responded to a discussion about claiming islands. Must be a full moon out tonight with people on the forums.

Yeah just realized I had thought I was replying to another topic.  Must have quoted into wrong one and used the forum update notification which didn’t show me the full conversation 🤬

I might be confused but the map in Singleplayer (assuming you haven't used a custom json/map images and are just running with default), is the same that we use on the Official networks.

• Like 1

I think he means the map is totally greyed out on single player,just showing the power stone markers. 

from what I can tell, the map is the same as Offical, however all sectors seem to be lawless. 

For example, I started in M7, a freeport, according to the wiki map, the sectors M6, M8, L7 and N7 are lawless and N6 is open. I sailed there and tried to claim... and it indicated the region was lawless.

So, I'm assuming that the whole map is lawless for Single Player. 

Pointless Claiming on Single Player really, especially as crew don't need to be fed/paid via the Claim Flag with the new options now.  The 10 day timer is irrelevant, too, since the timer stops when you log out, plus you can turn PvE decay off altogether anyway.

Edited by Coggage