Dosgimp

Treasure Map - Frustration & Rant

"There is 2 guardians remaining...." i love this sentence. Got it almost always when i go for treasures, cant find any Guardians near treasure well....i wait 15 minutes till it respawn got a coffe ate a dinner, and i got this message 3 times in a row. I have lost  1 hour to get nothing.

Alas, all to recognisable ... it just happened to me again. The first time it was 2 guardians remaining, so I shrugged and waited for round 2. It thought I killed them all, but the message stated 3 remaining. Sigh. Tried a completely different tactic for round 3, making most of them fall off the cliff into a bear parking and killing the remaining ones ... but then warrior went underground to recover. When he resurfaced I could only hear the footsteps, but did not see him (not even with orbital camera through the mesh). And the message stated 4 remaining, so either the bears downstairs didn't get all the fallen fellows or the missing ones add up 🙂 . I went down to check on the bears ... they were fine and had no demonic company.

Had this happen myself, you think you kill all the guardians and you begin to dig only for it to say there is 1 or 2 left. So you start looking all over the place to see if they escaped around the sides somewhere, nowhere to be seen.

Ok I remove the map and move away, I try again to respawn for round 2 same thing happens. That's when I say ok ok I give up, moving on. I've also had maps where I can see them stuck in the rocks or under the ground but can't get to them. It can be annoying at times I give you that.

If you are away from other player's structures, you might try building a small containing wall along the cliff edge to keep them from falling off. I used to do this when I was using explosive barrels before the meganerf.

Sadly I was unable to post a new treasure hunter event tonight.     After the 4x weekend.    Then the  mmmmm sooooo many resources..    Even the man rested on the 7th Day..    New adventures await tomorrow night...     To all I wish strong wind and a good night.

On 7/10/2019 at 5:55 AM, Dosgimp said:

It hurts.... Dev's   please do something..   It has to stop.    20 Quality map..     You expect me to hand fight 20 AoD @ about level 55 - 70?      It cannot be done....      If I pickup a bottle in N11 my home,  and sail all the way to I2 (thats 6 grids south and 4 grids west" on a schooner with a legendary speed sail (that has no special effect) under 1/2 weight.  Max spedd 13knots.  ONE full 11 star sextant buff, to get too,   Damn dont you think ive went through enough to kill and dig up the loot?

stpplz.jpg

Well, it was easy. Set your bear to neutral, put it under rock. Than climb and raise guardians. Quickly go to the edge and slightly climb down. Guardians will fall down, where bear deal with them. 

11 hours ago, Nitex said:

Well, it was easy. Set your bear to neutral, put it under rock. Than climb and raise guardians. Quickly go to the edge and slightly climb down. Guardians will fall down, where bear deal with them. 

That has been tested,  through and through,  what happens with that Technique is the AoD's will get stuck inside the pillar.  Has happened many, many of times.   In all my map hunting, I have to agree,  you get to learn each island, in each grid,  "I keep a lil notebook next to me"   and Now if I get a map to J11 odds are, because of the island terrain it will be unlikely to get too, and I just save away in the box, hoping a fix comes out before the map expires.    

Until then guys,  keep the grind up.   I no longer do maps with a schooner,  ive built a gally that has with it at all times 200, pillars, ceilings, walls, ramps, an Elephant, Giraffe, and a bear, i tend to do only do maps now JM or better.    Im prepared for whatever the situation,  But I dont expect Entry to Mid level char's able to be this prepared to do maps. 

- last 2 maps i've done were perfect "Kinda", pull up, Anchor, run up the hill,  Bingo flat land.   Kill, Dig, and Move on. 

Sure now that Im over prepared right?  Go go Gadget RNG!!

AoD should be able to get aggrod onto the player who awakens them AND go thru walls or gates.

I seen loads of houses/bases put onto them.

Altho they can emerge from dirt, they can't go thru thatch walls?

5 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

AoD should be able to get aggrod onto the player who awakens them AND go thru walls or gates.

Guess you have never seen the Infamous "There is 2 guardians remaining" message.   

Just now, Dosgimp said:

Guess you have never seen the Infamous "There is 2 guardians remaining" message.   

Lol, seen them around snow mountains. More then I want to be honest.

Wife, picked up a couple of MW maps, and I got a few Fine "Boosted" maps to adventure too.  Once the 2x Exp kicks in,  I will post my treasure map adventures.  Hopefully they have made some progress "behind the screens"      To those that have posted on this tread,  I ask you to do the same.   Arrive at Map location and let us know if you can get to it, without the need of building a ramp,  and is able to get your tame to said location.    If any AoD's got stuck.  etc. etc.  ya'll know the drill.

Edited by Dosgimp

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a bloody accessibility check on treasure maps would be a great QoL fix. Unless GS seriously expects us to drop 25k gold to tame a drake to get to a 50 gold to 2k gold map, in which case I have a suggestion on what they can do to themselves. They can put height checks on building structures and claim flags, but they can't do it on a damn treasure map? BS. 

Also, that 1+ invisible no show guardian is every bit as annoying as trying to join the mile-high treasure map club. Stop wasting your customers' time, GS. Seriously. 

Well, My apologies to everyone,  Since it was not 2x gold,  I really only did one map. As the time it takes to sail is not worth base rate.     

Got a nice 22.5 MW map worth 2.5k gold.   8 Grid's away.  Got to the island and saw the laser beam,  looking good,  Had to go all the way around the island to find the correct path up the mountain,  I was pleased to find the following with Ease -   I am at work now, and forgot to submit the screenshot to the online library So I will when i get home. 

The map was accessible,  Great news!  The loot: Mythic STONE pic  Hell ya!    I spent the rest of the weekend looking for Shale Oil, Diamonds, and Amethyst crystal

I am still looking for the Amethyst .   Anyone seen some?

Edited by Dosgimp

Its a little hard to see, but there is the laser beam, right ontop the staircase.   I was very much impressed.

183011637B23EFA41DFDBD9E2387A7FDF75E460F

On 7/15/2019 at 7:41 PM, Cpt.Yarrr said:

To pull them in other peoples barns? Nice idea.

On 7/23/2019 at 1:37 AM, Dosgimp said:

Its a little hard to see, but there is the laser beam, right ontop the staircase.   I was very much impressed.

183011637B23EFA41DFDBD9E2387A7FDF75E460F

Gz on the Map, but be a good kid and eat your strawberries next time, they will not kill you 🙂. But the lost buff and fur armor might 🙂

AND dismount before spawning them. The discovery buff (XP) has to be active while spawning for my understanding.

Happy hunting

38 minutes ago, Kummba said:

Gz on the Map, but be a good kid and eat your strawberries next time, they will not kill you 🙂. But the lost buff and fur armor might 🙂

AND dismount before spawning them. The discovery buff (XP) has to be active while spawning for my understanding.

Happy hunting

No, only just before you dig up the treasure you need to dismount.

46 minutes ago, Kummba said:

To pull them in other peoples barns? Nice idea.

No, they should be aggrod on the ones who spawn them in, thru the walls and attack the player(s).

39 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

No, they should be aggrod on the ones who spawn them in, thru the walls and attack the player(s).

Can be abused.

The person who spawned it could kite them around.

54 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

Can be abused.

The person who spawned it could kite them around.

True.

Then make those spots "unbuildable" like lootdrops in ARK. They will wipe ATLAS soon enuf, so shouldnt be hard to implement.

12 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

They will wipe ATLAS soon enuf, so shouldnt be hard to implement.

How dare you speak such dreadful words....

Edited by Dosgimp

32 minutes ago, Dosgimp said:

How dare you speak such dreadful words....

Simple;

-Bugs

-Bugs

-Bugs

-Bugs

-Cats

On 7/8/2019 at 8:35 AM, Cascco said:

"Lets add than more Islands and more animals like Sea Horse, that will resolve problem".

and more skins oh boy....lets not fix the bugs 

13 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

and more skins oh boy....lets not fix the bugs 

Dont forget the cats please!!!1111

Is no one else posting their adventure's?     And has no one come across Amethyst?