Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Grapeshot, let’s save Atlas(with the community’s help)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Wow, you didn’t know that after all this time. I may not own the game but I wouldn’t be here unless I was planning on getting it.

say all you want about console lol

Yeah maybe mow a few lawns and save up for it.

Problem is not you keeping up with the changes in the forums as much as it is your suggestions. You make suggestions based on a game you have no idea how it works. You have opinions based on nothing. If you havent actually played the game, you cant possibly have an informed opinion. You are just regurgitating other peoples opinions. I understand reading up, but man your 2k posts in what 6 months? For a game you have never played? Thats a bit unstable. Some would call it trolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Yeah maybe mow a few lawns and save up for it.

Problem is not you keeping up with the changes in the forums as much as it is your suggestions. You make suggestions based on a game you have no idea how it works. You have opinions based on nothing. If you havent actually played the game, you cant possibly have an informed opinion. You are just regurgitating other peoples opinions. I understand reading up, but man your 2k posts in what 6 months? For a game you have never played? Thats a bit unstable. Some would call it trolling.

Anyone can call it trolling all they want. Pretty sure I would have gotten bored after 6 months if I was a troll and had left already. 

Not just that but I was on the ark forums for years and have been active on both atlas and ark twitter accounts for years. If I am a troll that is a big time long con.

nah, if I suggest a change and people don’t like it they are just temporarily using the “you don’t own the game” approach.

here is the funny part. Whether I own it on not, they still won’t like the ideas, they will just need to find another way to argue so nothing will really change. And yeah once I do own the game I expect to double my thread count in half the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 6:41 PM, Martyn said:

I have every right to complain if I want to complain.. but it sounds to me like you are seeing every comment as a negative.. when i see comments in their positive light.  Feedback is important, good, bad, positive,negative.. swearing, insults etc incl.  To a degree. 

As for hating everything, you couldn't be further from the truth.  I don't hate anything.  I want to see changes to improve some aspects of the gameplay.. the only thing I do actually hate.. are threads from people on private modded servers or who have made comments about the games difficulty, when they're known to cheat or support cheating.. imho.. those people should not be commenting on the core gameplay, since they don't play the core gameplay.

As for me sounding like a 19 yr old.. maybe that explains why people irl have no problem talking to me..

Its a Beta test if your not even playing the game why come here and bitch about it...your married doubt it. No woman in her right mind would deal with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 5:53 AM, Realist said:

Anyone can call it trolling all they want. Pretty sure I would have gotten bored after 6 months if I was a troll and had left already. 

Regardless of your interpretation 9/10 threads you post or participate in devolve almost immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nari said:

Regardless of your interpretation 9/10 threads you post or participate in devolve almost immediately.

Yeah, I can’t believe the way people act. Not sure why they do it but they do devolve a lot of stuff by insults and rude behavior. That is just the way they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah, I can’t believe the way people act. Not sure why they do it but they do devolve a lot of stuff by insults and rude behavior. That is just the way they are.

Remembering you the first 2 weeks. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Percieval said:

Remembering you the first 2 weeks. 

Yeah I can admit that. I calmed down a lot though. Some of the people I am talking about have stayed the same this whole time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have to be major changes or there will be no players to check game for bugs, lets see what will be implemented in Captains Log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cascco said:

There have to be major changes or there will be no players to check game for bugs, lets see what will be implemented in Captains Log.

Very true. Unfortunately they are beyond major changes helping at this point. There actually needs to be “game changing” changes to become a sufficient change.

a whole new game needs to be made. The very best thing they could do is use the year and a half left to make a completely different game to where the original players don’t even recognize it.

then we could have a success. I listed plenty of idea above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it not like: 

- alpha phase: implying as much stuff, mechanics, content and gamemodes as possible, until u are happy with it.

- beta phase: improve the servers, eliminate bugs, improve the performance and make the game as playable as possible.

 

We still are in the alpha phase, so don't haste and be patient, that there's more stuff to do coming into the game. Content, endgame mechanics, balancing ... All will come and become (hopefully) great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 6:04 AM, Realist said:

Yeah I can admit that. I calmed down a lot though. Some of the people I am talking about have stayed the same this whole time.

Being able to admit mistakes and being accountable for past behavior is a sign of maturity. Would that everyone on the forums also met this standard.  But since Perci brought up the point of your early days, it did get me thinking. One of the main things you and I clashed early on was your initial stance on GrapeCard™ as a company (as an obvious extension of Wildcard studios). You decried them as evil, made disparaging comments about Ark and predicted more of the same for Atlas iirc. Looking back the thing I find curious is that over time you seem  to have gone from bashing the game and mostly it's developers, to heavily anticipating the game's release on console.

Now I do not subscribe to the view being bandied about in this thread that you're a troll. To me a troll posts with the intent to provoke an emotional reaction. However I might disagree with your views at times, they certainly come across as views you genuinely believe and your sustained posting activity over time suggests you're legitimately invested in Atlas (trolls tend to have short attention spans, they are short con rather than long con operators).

This is the point I am genuinely curious about: as Atlas has endured a rough launch and flagging activity, you seem to have become more supportive of the game than less. What has changed for you from those early days when everything Wildcard was cancer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Being able to admit mistakes and being accountable for past behavior is a sign of maturity. Would that everyone on the forums also met this standard.  But since Perci brought up the point of your early days, it did get me thinking. One of the main things you and I clashed early on was your initial stance on GrapeCard™ as a company (as an obvious extension of Wildcard studios). You decried them as evil, made disparaging comments about Ark and predicted more of the same for Atlas iirc. Looking back the thing I find curious is that over time you seem  to have gone from bashing the game and mostly it's developers, to heavily anticipating the game's release on console.

Now I do not subscribe to the view being bandied about in this thread that you're a troll. To me a troll posts with the intent to provoke an emotional reaction. However I might disagree with your views at times, they certainly come across as views you genuinely believe and your sustained posting activity over time suggests you're legitimately invested in Atlas (trolls tend to have short attention spans, they are short con rather than long con operators).

This is the point I am genuinely curious about: as Atlas has endured a rough launch and flagging activity, you seem to have become more supportive of the game than less. What has changed for you from those early days when everything Wildcard was cancer?

Well thank you boomer.

mainly because I do see the potential the game can have. To me they did ark dirty in many ways. Even though I believe they are still doing it, I am keeping an open mind.

they have been making some good changes which I have tipped my hat to. Jat has been more active on social media which is a big plus. And the have actually been doing optimizations(which was non existent with ark).

I guess I am just trying not to hold a grudge. 

And as far as the troll thing goes, I might be an asshole but I am far from a troll lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2019 at 11:14 AM, Realist said:

Factions.

if this happens then it would be planetside but just pirates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2019 at 10:14 AM, Realist said:

If that happens a speedboat would be nice.

i would definitely like to see atlas become an actual mmo though

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quinshala said:

👍

I am a little confused on that. Do you think that a speed boat would make it not an mmo? Or are you saying the speedboat is a good idea?

6 hours ago, Megalithic said:

if this happens then it would be planetside but just pirates

Was planetside an mmo? If not I am pretty sure it is already planetside. If it was an mmo that yes, I hope it happens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MMO is defined as Massively-Multiplayer Online. Atlas is already an MMO just not in the traditional sense you think of. Plantside is also an MMO, an MMO-FPS. As are many other games.

Personally I don't think the classic tropes of "MMO" design apply to Atlas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Realist said:

I am a little confused on that. Do you think that a speed boat would make it not an mmo? Or are you saying the speedboat is a good idea?

Speedboat?! With a V8 engine? 

worst idea ever for that game.

And no, we don't need faster boats. They just should fix the improved speed sails and all the players are happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Speedboat?! With a V8 engine? 

worst idea ever for that game.

And no, we don't need faster boats. They just should fix the improved speed sails and all the players are happy.

Whoa buddy! Nobody ever said anything about a V8. I would be fine with a 4 banger. 

(Man, I couldn’t help but laugh. Made me think about that little propeller in the front of the boat whe. You are fishing 😂😂😂😂)

but ues, faster boats would be cool. That or fliers. You can have your pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nari said:

MMO is defined as Massively-Multiplayer Online. Atlas is already an MMO just not in the traditional sense you think of. Plantside is also an MMO, an MMO-FPS. As are many other games.

Personally I don't think the classic tropes of "MMO" design apply to Atlas.

They certainly don’t. Grapecard said they were going for an MMO/survival hybrid, but they forgot to include most of what makes an MMO an MMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

They certainly don’t. Grapecard said they were going for an MMO/survival hybrid, but they forgot to include most of what makes an MMO an MMO.

The only effort I've seen in that direction are the early expectations of "roles" within a company via skills. Which eliminated any ability to play solo/small. Can't blame the players for expecting more though. GS knew better than to label Atlas as an MMO in anything other than a literal sense but did so anyway. 

Edited by Nari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×