Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Grapeshot, let’s save Atlas(with the community’s help)

9 hours ago, Realist said:

Hey that is cool man. I think people shouldn’t have an opinion on going to war either in our country

Well you go ahead and start requesting what uniforms and what ammunition they should use and see how far that gets you. Dont give me some stupid generalization as an excuse as why you need to post your uninformed opinion.

I like the idea of factions - but I'm not sure that a 'navy' faction works; a few competing pirate-themed factions would be easier to pull off. Each faction has a common chat and would function as a ready-made alliance, which would be huge for solos and small groups. Add in faction affinity, bounties, titles, faction-only blueprints, and you could have something very cool.

Edited by Kast
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kast said:

I like the idea of factions - but I'm not sure that a 'navy' faction works; a few competing pirate-themed factions would be easier to pull off. Each faction has a common chat and would function as a ready-made alliance, which would be huge for solos and small groups. Add in faction affinity, bounties, titles, faction-only blueprints, and you could have something very cool.

Sorry but I disagree with the basic premise, here!

While I think there should be a Pirate faction it should be different from the other Navy / Country factions in that it doesn't have to respect its functionality!

Meaning a Pirate ship in a Pirate faction should always be able to sink another Pirate ship of its faction, because they are Pirates, the scum of the earth, untrustworthy and not beholden to law and order, unlike the Country factions that would never be able to turn there guns on another ship of there faction without seriously dire consequences!

So don't get me wrong I think any action in game should be capable but there should be various degree's of fall out for your actions!

Here are some examples!

A Pirate kills another Pirate in his own faction he losses 5 reputation Point to his personal reputation

A Pirate kills a Faction flag'd individual he gains .5 reputation Points to his personal reputation

A Pirate kills a non Faction non Pirate he losses 2 reputation point

When I pirate reaches - 50 reputation Points he becomes a Notorious Pirate and when and if he dies he losses 1/2 of all of his skills

When I pirate reaches -100 reputation Points he becomes a Dread Pirate and Permanently dies if he is killed.

If a Normal Players kills anyone thats NOT a pirate, he takes 50 Points of reputation loss and recieves a title "Vile" to warn others about his character.

If a Normal Player kills a Pirate he gets 5 Points of reputation gain.

If a Normal Player reaches More then -100 Points of reputation Points (Example Killed 2 people in short order) He becomes a Pirate and his reputation is reset to 0 as a pirate.

If a Faction Flaged player kills an enemy Faction he gets 1 point of Reputation Gain

If a Faction Flaged player kills a Pirate he gains 2 Points of reputation Gain

If a Faction Flaged player kills someone of his own faction he recieves 75 Points of Reputation Loss

If a Faction Flaged player kills a non factioned player he recieves 50 Points of Reputation Loss

If a Faction flaged player reaches More then -100 Points of Reputation Points, He becomes a Pirate and his reputation is reset to 0...

^^^^  This is just a quick off the cuff example of a reputation system and how it could work to make the game better and more Role Play oriented and bring the game more in line with PvP for a purpose and not mindless griefing!

You guys are grasping at straws here, if they were truly interested in community input they would have listened WAY MORE in ARK, and during earlier portions of this game. Instead they want to add and fix all the things no one wanted or asked for.

Just waiting for for these guys to abandon Grapeshot and start a new company to copy+paste this game into a Wild West theme.

Edited by Inigo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Emanuel a said:

This is my idea. I will talk about the pvp aspect. This game have to be played by cycles or seasons just like travian (browser game based on grids).

The game needs a end game because is not sustainable playing this game for months without being tired of doing the same stuff, the lack of content and the nature of a pvp game when a lot of players are wiped or destroyed and stop playing after another wipe or more content.

Let's copy the idea of building the wonder to 100%. Just like travian. Once one of the tribe make the wonder, the company who built  it win the server. The wonder that won will have a top ranking 100 of who made more contributions I will explain it later. And another general ranking of the top 100 players for players of other tribes that lost the server but dont want to feel shitty about it.

The rules are simple, the wonder can only be constructed using blueprints of construction of wonder. And there will be a limited amount of blue prints of construction, a tribe need 1 blue print of construction to build a wonde from level 0 to level 50, after that level you will need to have another blue print of construction to build from 50 to 100.

The blue prints of construction will spawn after 100 days of game in a random lawless island for each region. Maybe we can set a timer for this and we can define it the blue print will appear in a flotsam, in the beach inside a bottle map, or in the island, no one will know where it is until someone pick it. After someone pick it. Everyone will be able to check the map and know the current position in real time, just like the ghost ship ( if worked as intended). If the construction blue print is destroyed it will respawn again in a lawless area of the grid area it was from.

The golden ages ruins can be taken after the day 130. You will need to clean the island with land troops to take it, killing some mini bosses in the process, you will need people. Once the golden age Island is in your hands, you will be able to start the construction of the wonder, the first 50 levels will require only 1 type of resources of wood, tatch, stone and metal per level. And will require different resources, like 2 types from 60 to 70, 3 types 70 to 80, 4 types 80 to 90, 5 types from 90 to 95, 6 types for the last 5 levels. This event will take weeks or months to complete. There will be 9 wonders of different tribes and a ranking system to check who is leading with more % in the wonder. Different tribes will use different strategy to level up their wonders, for example resistance, food, storage space to be able to set more resources in the wonder, this will be decided by the admin of the wonder. What attributes to level up in the wonder is something we can discuss. There will be multiple ways to stop a wonder, one could be stole the construction Blue prints ( the cant queue levels once they lose the construction blue print, there will only be allowed to have one level in progress and another in queue). If you lose the construction blue prints you cant level up levels of the wonder, but you can level up other stuff like storage for more resources in the wonder, resistance in the wonder, food for troops, I dont know we can think about this later. 

With a end server event like this we have 100 days (or less) to fool around, prove new stuff, and after that big company's will focus in leveling up the wonders, and average Joe's are not going to be harassed in the meantime. Big tribes will need to focus on the wonder and forget other random stuff like islands and wars. All the attention will go to who make it faster. Big tribes will fight each other to prevent other tribes of "winning the server". Megas will be forced to fight each other instead of making alliances and harassing new players or small company's. We will talk about the rewards later for the winners and the top 100 contributors in different areas, like sinking ships, resources, gold, kills, tames killed and so on.

After the server is done you need to give people at least a month to rest mentally an physically. You can have at least one server open for no lifers or people who was destroyed and want to start flesh in another server. 

We can define what attributes can be level up in the wonder apart from levels, like bonus for the island you control if you level up something. We can discuss if the wonder can lose levels or completely destroyed if is attacked. How you attack a wonder. If the wonder can lose levels if is attacked we need to discuss how to prevent players for destroying all wonders and avoid a stalemate ( like increasing the resistance of the wonder over time, eventually the server have to end, trolling players shouldn't be able to stake infinite time).

The endgame shouldn't be mythical guys destroying new players, taking all the islands and destroying every base. The end game should be achieving a goal, with group effort, farming work, strategy and some luck to complete, everyone can win when there are like 4 or 5 different groups trying to win. Certain restrictions should be made in order to prevent a group for monopolizing everything.

Sorry but this idea is not a balanced idea... Its great from a particular player mindset...  but its not great for other players!

For the person who wants to PvP for a purpose and achieve victory it wonderful, bravo...

For a Person who is not interested in PvP and wants to achieve other goals in the game like Financial Victory being the richest person!  Or 

creating the most amazing looking island with a giant network of castles and manors etc...  

You view point here is purely from your point of view and it doesn't create a game others from the opposite point of view would like to play or enjoy!

Who wants there money wiped constantly, who wants there creations wiped constantly?  No I don't find this idea appealing in the least bit...  

1. People have been not logging in as much as it is Summer myself included.

2. The game is in a closed beta that we paid to get into not everyone wants to test a game out, They hit a snag and give up.

3. Everyone wants everything a certain way....and when they dont get it they quit. 

4. People lose interest they dont know how to take the time to enjoy a game, they just want to rush to the finish line then get bored and quit. 

5. So there are those of us who want to PVP and those of us who like PVE....Did PVP since 1990s playing UO and other online games now i dont have the ime anymore...pve is fine. 

6. Faction is not a smart idea in an open world game it just doesnt work. If you like to build reputation there is a game out there for you its called WOW...enjoy the farming forever...

Edited by Luxfere

15 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

2. The game is in a closed beta that we paid to get into not everyone wants to test a game out, They hit a snag and give up.

3. Everyone wants everything a certain way....and when they dont get it they quit. 

4. People lose interest they dont know how to take the time to enjoy a game, they just want to rush to the finish line then get bored and quit. 

So there are those of us who want to PVP and those of us who like PVE....Did PVP since 1990s playing UO and other online games now i dont have the time anymore...pve is fine. 

Same.

You can all stop the faction talk.  This isn't Planetside.   You bitch and moan about large companies and their alliances then mention factions in the same damn breath.  So dumb. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Martyn said:

Which wipe was that then?

As to the op..  factions is a tried and tested system, the biggest problem with it, is when everyone picks the same side.. the others get ganked.  Then you have to limit numbers in fights, then limit skill levels and before you know it.. dead game.

I don't mind factions being in a game, but I also don't like being forced into one.

There was a single wipe a couple of months after Early Access release due to an exploit.  After that any exploits that were discovered were patched and dealt with on an individual basis.

2 hours ago, Luxfere said:

So there are those of us who want to PVP and those of us who like PVE....Did PVP since 1990s playing UO and other online games now i dont have the time anymore...pve is fine. 

Ah yes, let's not give credit where proper credit is due. Back in Reality-town it's because;

1. Broken PVP both on ships and land

2. Boring grindy PVE.

3 Incredible server lag/crashes

4 bugs/exploits/aimbotters
and...

5. Mega Corps steamrolling through the servers.

Edited by Inigo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

You can all stop the faction talk.  This isn't Planetside.   You bitch and moan about large companies and their alliances then mention factions in the same damn breath.  So dumb. 

Yeh but there's a tiny slight difference, in a factions game, choice isn't a choice.. at least in atlas you can choose to be in a mega or not.. that said, in planetside, you could choose and many frequently did, to go around trying to solo capture bases etc.. rather than play in the mass lagfests.. which were great fun.  I miss my magmower now..

Edited by Martyn

5 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Sorry but this idea is not a balanced idea... Its great from a particular player mindset...  but its not great for other players!

For the person who wants to PvP for a purpose and achieve victory it wonderful, bravo...

For a Person who is not interested in PvP and wants to achieve other goals in the game like Financial Victory being the richest person!  Or 

creating the most amazing looking island with a giant network of castles and manors etc...  

You view point here is purely from your point of view and it doesn't create a game others from the opposite point of view would like to play or enjoy!

Who wants there money wiped constantly, who wants there creations wiped constantly?  No I don't find this idea appealing in the least bit...  

well, propose a system for PVE that maintain people interested. Like ranking of who have the most financial resources, as you said, per week or month. The island of the week

My idea was for pvp server, I consider that pvp need wipes once in a while to reset the balance of power. If ark proved something is that you can't maintain a server of 5 people for years. It doesn't matter if there are space available if you wanted to play in an old ark pvp server. You will be murdered in the moment you login. The alpha start looking for you in the moment you are in steam players, they track you find you and obliterate you. You end up with several mini servers of 2/60 people online and casuals joining for few days before they are wiped, camped and destroyed, until the servers are closed forever and players inside ask why? They destroyed the playerbase. The same tools to track people exist here in atlas. When this thing is empty they are going to explore and wipe the "new players" that will play the game and eventually sink it.

Most people want to start in equal foot and the only way to achieve that is with seasons. If you want players to fight between them with ships, create events for pvp as a lot of players suggested. For example something like capture the flag or Participants get their ships copied to a random island of the server ( in a event server ) an area where they kill each other until one survives. Depending of the rank you get a reward. Only ships in Freeport participate. This event happen every 6 hours and people dont lose anything when they are eliminated.

You can either do some kind of event to finish the pvp server. Or try to maintain the game interesting with pvp match were no one lose anything. The last will require more investment for servers to hold players in matches. but the first one is only code and probably do a ranking system and some rewards. Or you can wipe the server like the last time, telling them that you are pressing the reset button again, with no real incentive to keep playing and no sense of accomplishment when finish because everything you did mean nothing after the rates are 12x and you feel the emptiness of wasting your time for no purpose. Receiving a medal or something to show off matter.

Edited by Emanuel a

Only thing I'd like to see is passive taming of birds.. so I didn't have to keep killing them all the time.  No bola.. just crouch, creep, feed, wait.. like the monkey.  At 50% the bird stays on ground..or flies back to you.

For Gods sake another Martyn Atlas bashing post? Say it isn't so haha.. Martyn once again you post up some crap. Dude quit playing the damn game already. All you do is bitch about every inch of the game. 

For your GF Realist, BUY THE DAMN GAME BEFORE POSTING!!! You dont even play the game bro. STFU already bro, you are a forum Troll. Once you own the game, then speak. Until you do, please, for everyones sake. STFU and disappear. You have almost 2,000 posts AND YOU DONT EVEN OWN THE GAME. Go away kid.

Both of you douchebags need to get a life. Leave your moms basement and get a clue. I cant possibly be the only one tired of both of your annoying posts.

• Like 1

Martyn a typical new age kid who knows it all, and knows nothing but the first to bitch and complain about how everything is a POS or broken. 

21 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

Martyn a typical new age kid who knows it all, and knows nothing but the first to bitch and complain about how everything is a POS or broken. 

26 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

For Gods sake another Martyn Atlas bashing post? Say it isn't so haha.. Martyn once again you post up some crap. Dude quit playing the damn game already. All you do is bitch about every inch of the game. 

For your GF Realist, BUY THE DAMN GAME BEFORE POSTING!!! You dont even play the game bro. STFU already bro, you are a forum Troll. Once you own the game, then speak. Until you do, please, for everyones sake. STFU and disappear. You have almost 2,000 posts AND YOU DONT EVEN OWN THE GAME. Go away kid.

Both of you douchebags need to get a life. Leave your moms basement and get a clue. I cant possibly be the only one tired of both of your annoying posts.

Dunno wether to laugh.. report your posts as personal insults or simply block you both.

But fyi.. I'm 50.. live in my own house with my wife to whom I've been married for 22 yrs, where I have 2 cars I own parked outside in my driveway.. my mother, lives 25 miles away in her own home.  And neither of us, have a basement.

As for me bashing the game.. I only complain about what I love.  I ignore everything else.

1 hour ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Tsk tsk 

• Like 1

The odd thing I'd found about faction based games.. pirates of the burning seas and others.. it wasn't so much the faction choice that caused players to choose one side over another, it wasn't a particular weapon being more powerful or easier to use.. it was purely down to local resources and ease of access.  People naturally gravitate to the easiest way of playing.. in planetside however.. alot of people chose the harder to play sides because they were harder to play.. similarly to people in atlas choosing to live in the 15s and 1s.. because it's harder.. but if you had factions.. they'd need to be set to specific areas.. I think we'd soon see a dominant faction, because it had the best access to resources, not for any other reason.  And in atlas, resources are spread quite thinly esp as you try to make mw and above items.  Which would make the game at least as one sided as the current mega corps issues.  Some people would be happy with this setup.. preferring the hardcore playstyle.. others prefer the command structure of hundreds of players.. but most would just go where it was easiest.   And in that sense, factions would be pointless.  As indeed is living in a small or moderate company, unless you're dedicated.

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

Dunno wether to laugh.. report your posts as personal insults or simply block you both.

But fyi.. I'm 50.. live in my own house with my wife to whom I've been married for 22 yrs, where I have 2 cars I own parked outside in my driveway.. my mother, lives 25 miles away in her own home.  And neither of us, have a basement.

As for me bashing the game.. I only complain about what I love.  I ignore everything else.

Dude, no offense but all you do in pretty much every post is complain. Sorry, but dude its all the time. You even reply negatively. We all have our complaints, and airing them is good., But constant complaining over every detail is just getting ridiculous. Quite frankly, I am surprised you are around my age, basically on par life wise too. Posts like yours are normally traits of the 19 yr old with the Bernie sticker wearing the same underwear for 3 days. My apologies if I did misread the age, but regardless the message is still the same. Relax on hating everything. Every once in  a while throw in a post that is positive or helpful. 

Realist, again BUY THE GAME forum troll.

32 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Dude, no offense but all you do in pretty much every post is complain. Sorry, but dude its all the time. You even reply negatively. We all have our complaints, and airing them is good., But constant complaining over every detail is just getting ridiculous. Quite frankly, I am surprised you are around my age, basically on par life wise too. Posts like yours are normally traits of the 19 yr old with the Bernie sticker wearing the same underwear for 3 days. My apologies if I did misread the age, but regardless the message is still the same. Relax on hating everything. Every once in  a while throw in a post that is positive or helpful. 

Realist, again BUY THE GAME forum troll.

I have every right to complain if I want to complain.. but it sounds to me like you are seeing every comment as a negative.. when i see comments in their positive light.  Feedback is important, good, bad, positive,negative.. swearing, insults etc incl.  To a degree. 

As for hating everything, you couldn't be further from the truth.  I don't hate anything.  I want to see changes to improve some aspects of the gameplay.. the only thing I do actually hate.. are threads from people on private modded servers or who have made comments about the games difficulty, when they're known to cheat or support cheating.. imho.. those people should not be commenting on the core gameplay, since they don't play the core gameplay.

As for me sounding like a 19 yr old.. maybe that explains why people irl have no problem talking to me..

Edited by Martyn

On 7/1/2019 at 10:12 PM, Realist said:

Hey that is cool man. I think people shouldn’t have an opinion on going to war either in our country. Not like they are veterans. They shouldn’t be able to have an opinion on what our country does either 👍 let alone gay rights or abortion. 

Totally with you and a very good idea.

Since you contributed $0 dollars to the game, dont own the game, and contribute nothing but troll posts, you should not be here. You have no reason to be here in any way. You are a fungus.

This is not a country, this is a forum to discuss a product purchased. Period.

BTW, WTF does gays and abortions have to do with a video game? You need to go away. 

Edited by =MGC=Ranger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Since you contributed $0 dollars to the game, dont own the game, and contribute nothing but troll posts, you should not be here. You have no reason to be here in any way. You are a fungus.

This is not a country, this is a forum to discuss a product purchased. Period.

BTW, WTF does gays and abortions have to do with a video game? You need to go away. 

Incorrect. There is nowhere where it says a game needs to be purchased. Potential customers are also welcome here especially since I intend to buy it when it comes out on console. The only toxic one I see right now is you. 

You complain about martyn complaining yet you are pretty much calling people names and cursing all the time.

9 hours ago, Emanuel a said:

My idea was for pvp server,

So is mine!  News flash even carebears would prefer to play on a pvp enabled server!  Again PvP server doesn't mean thats the only thing you do!

An in game business selling weapons etc works better when there are people to sell too, online business's are terrible in PvE, as most people in PvE are CRAFTERS Not consumers!!!

So again the best MMORPG is Not one that caters to PvP only its one that balances all aspects of the game and puts PvE and PvP together!!!

6 hours ago, Realist said:

Incorrect. There is nowhere where it says a game needs to be purchased. Potential customers are also welcome here especially since I intend to buy it when it comes out on console. The only toxic one I see right now is you. 

You complain about martyn complaining yet you are pretty much calling people names and cursing all the time.

Console. Explains everything, thanks.

1 minute ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Console. Explains everything, thanks.

Wow, you didn’t know that after all this time. I may not own the game but I wouldn’t be here unless I was planning on getting it.

say all you want about console lol