Sign in to follow this  
Kast

Vitamin Deficiency

The fact that more or less everyone simply kills themselves when vitamin levels get low has been covered in a hundred threads. So, let me begin 101...

If everyone takes steps to avoid dealing with the current food mechanic, it's a safe bet that it's a mechanic no one likes. So, why is inevitable death by vitamins still a thing? It's not fun and it adds only frustration to the game. For example, earlier, I was involved in a fairly fun naval fight when I noticed the vitamin debuffs. Ok, well now I need to disengage and find someplace safe to murder myself before I fall over dead at the wheel. Fun stuff.

As a design principle, no single tertiary game mechanic should kill the player if that player chooses to not utilize that tertiary mechanic. Food should provide a buff (like every other MMO) for those who take the time to harvest, grow, cook and eat quality food; it should absolutely never hinder a player who chooses to play at baseline, foregoing a food buff. I'm not sure who's pet mechanic the current death-by-vitamins is, but that individual has no business designing game systems. 

Edited by Kast

LOL.

You chose to be lazy and not play the game as intended, and then come here and complain that you being lazy takes too long. That is priceless.

(For the rest of us, a button press is all thats required)

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

LOL.

You chose to be lazy and not play the game as intended, and then come here and complain that you being lazy takes too long. That is priceless.

(For the rest of us, a button press is all thats required)

Reading is fundamental. A tertiary (non-core, peripheral, etc.) mechanic should, by definition, be optional. Essentially, it's like being forced to play an hourly min-game to avoid contracting scurvy. 

10 hours ago, Kast said:

Reading is fundamental. A tertiary (non-core, peripheral, etc.) mechanic should, by definition, be optional. Essentially, it's like being forced to play an hourly min-game to avoid contracting scurvy. 

You are only calling it tertiary because you don't like it.

Anything in a game that can "KILL" you, has by definition, is fairly important.

Edited by Jack Shandy

I agree the vits are a daft mechanic,especially as it clashes with the food stomach mechanic,if they do keep it then you should need to eat vits when and only when the stomach icon starts to empty.The way they are at the moment makes no sense at all.Unless your'e a hardcore die hard fanboy of course,cos then you just attack people for any game changing suggestions they might make,even if they are logical.

• Like 1