Sign in to follow this  
phai rat

Foundation & Pillar spamming

this is the current state of the game you people have created..

performance is horrible because of this, and i own a top notch rig fairly comfy to say im in top 10% power wise.. so i cant even imagine running this on a potatobox,

just look at it..

so my question is this  dear devz , is there any thought being put into this? is there at least one person in either one of your 'offices'  who is actively working on this issue or at least thiking about it?   if something coming later thats worth sticking around for or should i just 'jump ship' and gtfo ? thank you...

large.20190630232023_1s.jpg.8bf8f200797a6510bb7dee8c92d45fad.jpg

• Like 1

The solution after the fact could be to give single, unconnected structures a despawn timer of 3 days. But you would get some despawning of innocent structures as well and once this rule is known a surface spammer would just slap down a standard combination of structures all over the place instead of single foundations.
The better solution would be found in preventing this kind of behaviour.

From a dev POV the claim system was and is intended to satisfy whatever this person/company is trying to acheive by spamming the countryside. In PvE it is currently still failing. Where we used to see this kind of landscape only on lawless, we now see a lot less of it, but it is not limited to lawless at all. Because even as an island-owning company it is almost impossible to keep your island free of clutter. Anybody can come and spam ... unless you preemptively spam yourself. And the window of opportunity to 'clean-up' is so tight that you have to have a keeper of the grounds that actually patrols twice daily.

In case prevention is too challengeing, clean-up should be easier.

Currently there is zero incentive in the game to clean up your old structures. I had hoped the maintenance mechanics would play a role there but so far I have yet to feel any effect of that. Even our structures on lawless don't seem to degrade; they don't seem to require upkeep.
They recently made sure that 'demolish allowed' structures now actually auto-decay, which liberates even the responsible players from any trace of guilt about an abandoned structure. (and it also robbed us of a little bit of plunder joy on PvE where pirate-like behaviour is extremely llimited).

But even when one is motivated to clean up the carpet of pillars and foundations the kids laid down the first day to make sure 'we own the land', it is just a huge and boring effort because it is so slow. With an s+ demolition gun the people in your example might even be willing to clean up parts of 'their' island. And perhaps not ...

Edited by wandelaar

If they don't render them in every 10 days, they will go away. If they haven't gone away that means someone has taken the time to at least visit that island to keep refreshing them. We had to pillar our claimed island because fuckwits decided to grief and drop like 250 foundations on it that we had to clean up. We dropped stone pillars every 4 meters or so all over to stop the problem.

4 hours ago, UnknownSystemError said:

If they don't render them in every 10 days, they will go away. If they haven't gone away that means someone has taken the time to at least visit that island to keep refreshing them. We had to pillar our claimed island because fuckwits decided to grief and drop like 250 foundations on it that we had to clean up. We dropped stone pillars every 4 meters or so all over to stop the problem.

Better change the island settings to not allowed to build there. 

11 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Better change the island settings to not allowed to build there. 

They just changed it so you can build everywhere,so Dont think they change it back. A Blacklist for Flags would be Nice tho. Also After we Reported a Company Doing foundation spam on our island we had a dev visit the Island within 24 hours to help us. Just sad that there are still People Who think making everything lawless would be a good idea.

2 hours ago, zottel said:

They just changed it so you can build everywhere,so Dont think they change it back. A Blacklist for Flags would be Nice tho. Also After we Reported a Company Doing foundation spam on our island we had a dev visit the Island within 24 hours to help us. Just sad that there are still People Who think making everything lawless would be a good idea.

Oh i didn't noticed that they made a change. Need to check it out tonight...

3 hours ago, zottel said:

What kind of server/kind of island are you guys talking about?  "Build everywhere" came in with the mega update to claims quite a while ago.

This is Official PVE in my case. We knew that anyone could build anywhere and have a couple settlers who have been with us since the beginning. They were of the same mind to keep the island clear for spawns and treasure maps and only build small outposts. We had a message telling everyone that we had public taming pens available right near the shore and not to build over resources or spawn points. Went great for about two months and then one ahole had to go and ruin it for everyone. This is why we can't have nice things.

• Like 1

If you see a foundation or pillar with my name on it.... YOU ARE INSIDE MY BASE.... and if you think decaying stand alone elements will fix YOUR problem.... think again.... I will just turn the whole damn base into one big parking lot....

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, Salty Jack said:

If you see a foundation or pillar with my name on it.... YOU ARE INSIDE MY BASE.... and if you think decaying stand alone elements will fix YOUR problem.... think again.... I will just turn the whole damn base into one big parking lot....

same old crap you post whenever someone mentions the pillar foundation spam , get a new line , 

you are part of the problem , 

On 7/7/2019 at 7:33 AM, Salty Jack said:

You are the reason why I have abandoned the NA PvE server. Well, not you specifically, but all the people that do this.

UDO..... where your base at ?..... i will come set up a taming pen right outside your front door.... bet you change your tune about “pillar protection” real quick..... 

the new “line” is just for you.....

2 hours ago, Salty Jack said:

UDO..... where your base at ?..... i will come set up a taming pen right outside your front door.... bet you change your tune about “pillar protection” real quick..... 

the new “line” is just for you.....

doubt it will bother me i dont have one base 😛 i will repeat u are part of the problem u offer nothing in the way of a solution to the pillar spam issues that plagued ark and now atlas the claim flags they had worked just the fact that u had unlimited broke the system , they need to come back with limits 

Edited by UDO

Check my post history.... you will find that I do indeed offer something in the way of a solution...

I am probably the most vocal on these boards when it comes to the very solution you yourself just presented....

bring back the old system with a limit of 5 flags per character....

until they do that UDO...... when you see my spam, you are in my base....

😁

• Haha 1

Thanks fot the Fast Decay updates, Hopefully it will resolve our issues !!

Great job guys!

25 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Working as intended.

Working_as_intended.png

je suis une parapluie

• Haha 2

I have a crazy idea - patch in some structure that prevents enemies from building in a certain area.

Lets call it .... a claim flag.

BOOM - spam gone, marvelous.

Snark aside, bring back reworked claim flags from pre wipe.

While the new island claim system is fine overall, the island owners need additional ways to prevent attackers from FOBing up easily etc. , and really nobody wants this annoying pillar spam.

Edited by oni
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Working as intended.

Working_as_intended.png

Unfortunately, this was already foreseen and now causes even more problems for those who built few pillars to legitimately protect a place, everyone will end up doing this. Griefers to continue their acts, and legit players to protect their things. More structures to increase the lag. :classic_sad:

Consider this phase one of Operation Spam Prevention. We plan to implement phase two in the near future. Structure spam is a complicated issue and, whilst we wont claim to have a cure-all, we do feel that the next phase of our plan will mitigate it substantially (or at least cause people to consider how much spam they can afford to maintain 😉 ) 

We'll keep you all posted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Of all the problems in the game and things causing lag.  I don't think structure spamming is even a real problem.  Plenty of place to build.  There's not enough people playing the game to even worry about land anymore.

12 hours is to much the timer should be changed to 1 hour you can build more than 1 item in an hour. 

22 hours ago, sgzeroone said:

Of all the problems in the game and things causing lag.  I don't think structure spamming is even a real problem.  Plenty of place to build.  There's not enough people playing the game to even worry about land anymore.

Not true spam an area with lots of wood objects and watch your performance go down the toilet