Sign in to follow this  
cpspok

schooner question

for some reason it seems the ships are slower , either way i have a schooner and was wondering what your opinion is on the best way for speed cause it is dam slow atm with a large speed sail.

thanks

25 minutes ago, cpspok said:

for some reason it seems the ships are slower , either way i have a schooner and was wondering what your opinion is on the best way for speed cause it is dam slow atm with a large speed sail.

thanks

Are you taking into account variance in the wind strength when sailing? Not to assume you don't know, but I've been surprised how many people haven't caught on that the length of the arrow tells you how strong the wind is.

Ive only got a single large speed sail on my schooner and wind permitting it is damn fast,but apparently the fastest sail combo for schooner is one large speed and at the front one small speed.havent tried it yet myself though.

i haven't played in some time but ya seems slower than it use to be for some reason and yes i know how wind works .

Slow compared to what? A ship with 6x the amount of sails or just slow in general? A schooner with a large speed sail.. is actually very fast.. and very unmanouverable.  Unless you like taking 15 mile turns.  You can solve the latter by reducing sail.

My schooner is fast as hell.  So fast that if I'm approaching land I can do so very well by lowering the large speed sail completely and using the small speed sail for headway.

I use a large handling sail and small speed sail on my battle schooner. It is quite fast, can catch wind in almost every direction, turns very quickly, and can stop on a dime. At low speeds, like when docking, it will spin so fast I'm surprised I'm not flung off.

Take into account that cargo racks decrease your speed (for schooner 20% per rack) as well as your overall weight. An empty schooner with large and small speed sail is around 19 knots.

On 6/30/2019 at 8:09 AM, cpspok said:

thanks

You might try adding a small speed sail, it does make a difference. Other than that, you aren't offering any details and a lot of factors affect sailing speed, such as cargo weight, skill points in Weight on the ship, wind direction, wind strength, did you add on cargo containers, (10% speed reduction per cargo container)?