Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

Can "i" get a menu option to uninstall the singleplayer game update which I'll Never Use?

By "I" I mean "We".. ok I don't... but can I get this option please.. I don't want or need a single player game nor do I need any part of it installed.

I would think you are out of luck there.  Anyway, the update also contains the following tweak that might make you want to keep the update anyway...

Just some further information on the update size, the reason it is so large is because a technical change went in place to improve the logic surrounding landscapes (not related to single player). Something we plan to improve more on in the future. This optimization will basically allow us to reduce the current install size of the game by, hopefully, ~33%.

19 hours ago, Coggage said:

I would think you are out of luck there.  Anyway, the update also contains the following tweak that might make you want to keep the update anyway...

Just some further information on the update size, the reason it is so large is because a technical change went in place to improve the logic surrounding landscapes (not related to single player). Something we plan to improve more on in the future. This optimization will basically allow us to reduce the current install size of the game by, hopefully, ~33%.

I noticed it's faster to relog, but still slow to load from steam menu.  As for size on disk.. it's about the same as before.  If the sp aspect of it requires additional files that I won't ever use.. then I don't need them installed on my computer.  Taking up space.  If the amount of space is negliable it doesn't really matter, my initail issue was trying to find the 126gb of space it was demanding to patch a 5gb file with.

Still think single player is the most important thing to come to atlas since they added water  😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

...my initail issue was trying to find the 126gb of space it was demanding to patch a 5gb file with.

It's just the way Steam does game updates, which is well known.  Steam needs that space to download/unpack the 5gb file and overwrite/add all the files currently in the (quite large) game folder all in one go.  It's not a fault of Atlas itself.

1 hour ago, Vorxius said:

Still think single player is the most important thing to come to atlas since they added water  😉

If they'd had it from the outset I would think many pissed-off players would have been content with single-player while Grapeshot tinkered/messed with the game.  With no fallback position when bad game systems were adjusted and arguably worse ones brought in, the choice was play and get REALLY pissed off with the game or just quit entirely.  Well, the low player-base speaks for itself one way or the other.  I hope people do return, see that single-player is pretty good and return to public servers, be it Official or Unofficial.

• Like 1

If you have a look at the single player menu you'll notice its the ark dlc ocean menu that has been loaded in,my download was about 40gb and took forever,I also think you'll find that the new system menu is definitely permanent and I doubt if you'd be able to remove a part of it anyway,ie sp.As for the sp it is pretty damn good,not without its probs but worth having,it will be good for people to try things out,ie building,ship design etc without it affecting their pvp or pve online game in any way.