Sign in to follow this  
Sevas

FFS your installer

started with 25gb free, ran out of space, uninstalled, path or exile, civ 5 and 6 , division 2 and frostpunk, cleaned up roughly 100gb,  back down to 18gb now. This isn't huge it's disastrous , if it doesn't cleanup some space after install lol. 109 gb atlas folder and growing.. I literally have they are billions and atlas installed for 250gb of used space in the steam folder...

ok so it gave me 132gb back but that just wrecked my day with installs

As a many-years Ark player, I sympathise 🙂 The good news is that they're aware of it and taking steps to address it. Today's patch includes stuff that eliminates a lot of the duplicated files which should substantially reduce the overall game size. At the end of the day though, when you have a game with a big-ass map like this with hundreds of islands and hundreds of different building parts, each requiring multiple texture files to make it look acceptable to pretty so that people with a wide range of computers can handle it, it's going to require a lot of disk space. Those of us with older computers and 250G drives are going to have to accept that our hardware is out of date.