Sign in to follow this  
FatalCrazy

Single Player very Good !!!

7 hours ago, Martyn said:

Who says it annoys me? And if you deny you're cheating.. well you have bigger problems.

It’s not cheating it’s command lining....yeah that’s it! 🤪

On 7/1/2019 at 2:56 PM, Martyn said:

If at first you don't succeed.. cheat.  Game is GREAT! YEH!! Amazing.. except for this, that, that, this, that...

LMAO cheating in single player? Do you even understand the definition of cheating? You never cease to amaze with your silly comments. 😂

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Captain Stabbin said:

It’s not cheating it’s command lining....yeah that’s it! 🤪

Seriously tho..

imo If you open sp with the intention of testing out ideas.. then you're not really intending to "play" a game.. so it is actually just testing ideas.. you might do this in a number of games, say to find out how long it takes you to complete a task or how long the ai takes to complete a route or patrol path etc.. or to test/verify how much damage a specific weapon causes to a specific target.  In this sense, you're not cheating per se, as you're not playing the game as it was intended.

Also it follows if you'd playing a modded game, you also aren't really cheating as you're playing "a modded version" so really, you are playing the game as it was intended within the "modded version".

My definition of cheating is purely aimed at those who bypass certain ingame rules using menu options and who then claim they aren't being dishonest.. the act of bypassing ingame rules.. is cheating, it is being dishonest. Telling everyone you're doing it, is a more honest way or more open way, but you're still cheating.. those who do not use the same methods to bypass.  In a pve game it is of little to no consequence.. in a pvp game.  It is.

4 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

LMAO cheating in single player? Do you even understand the definition of cheating? You never cease to amaze with your silly comments. 😂

sp/mp it doesn't matter.. ultimately tho, you're only being dishonest with yourself.  Something you clearly don't have an issue with.

Take bragging rights for example:

I completed the entire game..

I completed the entire game.. but I used gamma to see in the dark caves and I used an invulnability code in console sometimes when I was fighting the bosses.

Which of those two statements is true?   To you GT, both probably are.  To those of us who do not cheat.  Only the first is.

Edited by Martyn
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Martyn said:

sp/mp it doesn't matter.. ultimately tho, you're only being dishonest with yourself.  Something you clearly don't have an issue with.

Dishonest with oneself? What you been sniffing? All you do is complain about the game, and I mean everything in the game, including worrying about stuff that isn't even a problem, remember the whole "can people fast travel to my bed on my ship" just because people can now board other people's ships. And now you come into a topic about single player and claim people using ingame cheat commands in single player are cheating and being dishonest with themselves.

Single player is designed for people to play however they want, and if they use cheats they are not being dishonest with themselves. They are just making their experience playing this game more fun for themselves, unlike you who complain about everything.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Dishonest with oneself? What you been sniffing? All you do is complain about the game, and I mean everything in the game, including worrying about stuff that isn't even a problem, remember the whole "can people fast travel to my bed on my ship" just because people can now board other people's ships. And now you come into a topic about single player and claim people using ingame cheat commands in single player are cheating and being dishonest with themselves.

Single player is designed for people to play however they want, and if they use cheats they are not being dishonest with themselves. They are just making their experience playing this game more fun for themselves, unlike you who complain about everything.

If you cannot be honest with yourself.. how can you begin to be honest with anyone else?

Just now, Martyn said:

If you cannot be honest with yourself.. how can you begin to be honest with anyone else?

Oh my god you are insane mate. It's single player, people can do what they want, just like using Mods.

I used to wonder whether I should laugh or cry at your posts, but now I just think you troll life with a miserable outlook.

• Like 1

I thought cheating was when you use cheat codes?🤔 In game options are options for ones likes. If it wasn't intended then the option wouldn't be available. So guess all those personal servers do anything at all to the settings besides load straight up and play those are all cheating servers? Does that include them placing what islands they want and placing them where they wish and not the way the developers have it? 🤔 🙄

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, crazywildfire said:

I thought cheating was when you use cheat codes?🤔 In game options are options for ones likes. If it wasn't intended then the option wouldn't be available. So guess all those personal servers do anything at all to the settings besides load straight up and play those are all cheating servers? Does that include them placing what islands they want and placing them where they wish and not the way the developers have it? 🤔🙄

Yes and No.. it depends imo, for example, placing islands or ships or spawn points you're not playing the game as created by the devs, but you are playing it as intended.

But if you change sliders to make a game easier.. then surely, you owe it to the community, when you claim the game is "too easy" because you used a slider to make it easier.. ie to play it differently from "normally intended".

Similarly, if you "spawn in" a lv 150 tame to "test" an idea out.. you should not be then making reports in forums claiming the game is too easy.. the same goes with using Gamma to bypass vision, a cave is not easier because you can now see in the dark.. the game is now easier.. because you're cheating.

I don't honestly care if people cheat themselves.. it's your game, play however you want.  But my point is, admit to it.  Because if people find out later on.. that you've been using sliders and then claim you're playing the same game they are.. as far as they'll be concerned.. you're being dishonest, because you cheated.

If you make any claims about the games content.. make sure you're playing the actual game.. that is intended to be played by the devs.  Not using bypasses and cheats.. to then make false accusations.

If I had a dollar for everytime someone said "this is too easy on my modded private server" I'd have at least a few dollars.. a modded server.. is not an intended play server.  The game rules were changed, that's what modding is. It isn't fair to players who don't cheat, to suggest something is easy or hard.. because you changed the rules.

To me, the definition of cheating is obvious and common sense.. Those arguing against me, have imo, admitted to basically being dishonest people and their views can no longer be credible or accepted as valid opinions.

Edited by Martyn

Think this thread is going off track about cheating or not cheating. Some people might view it as cheating and others don't, does it matter? If you enjoy the game with all settings whacked up that good enough for me, it is your game.

I'm looking forward to seeing what mods come out for it. I would like some sort of mod so we can have structures placed around the map so it doesn't look empty. Maybe have some npc guarding a place and we can loot inside the structure. Make big castles somewhere near the shore and sail in to attack, send your npc off the ship to attack by land.

I do hope there will be some way to add structures with npc though, I like to see buildings instead of just open space. 

Any other ideas people have for single player?

2 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Think this thread is going off track about cheating or not cheating. Some people might view it as cheating and others don't, does it matter? If you enjoy the game with all settings whacked up that good enough for me, it is your game.

I'm looking forward to seeing what mods come out for it. I would like some sort of mod so we can have structures placed around the map so it doesn't look empty. Maybe have some npc guarding a place and we can loot inside the structure. Make big castles somewhere near the shore and sail in to attack, send your npc off the ship to attack by land.

I do hope there will be some way to add structures with npc though, I like to see buildings instead of just open space. 

Any other ideas people have for single player?

I'm sure modding like this will be easy enough to do.  Make a map, add a structure, add an aod spawn around it.  Put a treasure inside.

• Like 1

well if i cant kill the kraken fairly to get the sub yeh i'll stack the odds in my favour,to quote aj rimmer,I'd shoot him if he was on the toilet.and I honestly dont care a penny that people think its cheating.In real life I believe in a fair fight,thats all that matters.in a single player pc game who really cares? 

And I would like to add that single player mode is damn brilliant and very well done.

52 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

well if i cant kill the kraken fairly to get the sub yeh i'll stack the odds in my favour,to quote aj rimmer,I'd shoot him if he was on the toilet.and I honestly dont care a penny that people think its cheating.In real life I believe in a fair fight,thats all that matters.in a single player pc game who really cares? 

And I would like to add that single player mode is damn brilliant and very well done.

1510781447052.gif

2 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I agree, cheating in single player is a non-issue. Personally I usually don't, but I don't have any problem with anyone who does. With single player they're not hurting anyone or affecting anyone else's experience but their own. For myself I find it can trivialize games and lead to burnout because it can take away the challenge if you get carried away. 

Just have to remember that in single player mode, there are no formal ground rules to form a basis for code of conduct. 

By playing single player, your only set of rules are the world you live.  If you tame dragons, and spawn level 5000 scorpions, who says that isn't the entire idea of that atlas world?   Someone's single player world does not have to conform to the rule set dictated to on multiplayer servers set by Grapeshot.  That's only there to keep players reeled in.  Doesn't matter in single player, therefore anything goes, and it can't be wrong.

I like single player mode it gives me the ability to play in my own time, without it becoming a chore.  I can stop my boat in the middle of the ocean, log off, and when I log back in 4 weeks later, i'm on my boat in the middle of the ocean, exactly where I left it, and all my crew are as they were.  Would anyone consider that cheating?  You can't do that on the official servers.

We're all good, chaps.  There's no comparison between single player and official.  They're two very different beasts.

👍