Sign in to follow this  
FatalCrazy

Single Player very Good !!!

I'm playing here now, it's a lot of fun. Congratulations to all developers. Thanks!
Single Player very good!!!

I'm having a lot of fun, this mode is working perfect.

Waiting for you to come many MODS!

Edited by FatalCrazy
  • Like 2

I've tried it also, surprised they have added the whole map, wasn't sure if that was possible I don't know how they have done it but great work on that. I was just expecting it to be very small.

I must say if some very good mods are available for this I may just get into single player also but it will certainly need more things in the game hopefully mods can help with this. I'd really love them to add things that come to attack your base once in awhile or maybe SOTD coming in to shore and the guardians come to attack so you can defend your base.

This going out and coming back will get boring and repetitive without someone attacking every so often.

Scatter pre built structures over the map, fill them with resources on tables etc and resource chest so we can find them along our way, these things go a long way in enjoying it more. It has potential at least I just hope they work on it more.

4 hours ago, FatalCrazy said:

I'm playing here now, it's a lot of fun. Congratulations to all developers. Thanks!
Single Player very good!!!

I'm having a lot of fun, this mode is working perfect.

Waiting for you to come many MODS!

Yeah the flow of single player is flawless. Got to admit I am a little jealous 

Thank you very much for  adding single player , devs !

The patch flows in 6 hours ago here in europe and our community is just testing it.

It's really great to have this amazing huge map finally,well done!Discovery system works,not like on our private servers after wipe.

The gameplay is smooth and the performance is stabil and so far no game crashes.

Not all settings work in the game: Day tme speed /cycle and bears can't farm fibers.

Please keep up your precious work for this first class survival game and please listen to the multiplayers community critics.

The map and landscape desingn is brilliant and beautiful,but maybe more realism instead of fantasy and more sea/ships/pirates simulation.

Maybe royal naval forces of the 17th.century on land and sea-huge spanish galleons with tons of gold to raid.

• Like 1

Have you noticed the sotd stay still until you are very close to them? Are they supposed to be like that? Not so sure but they are static and you can see them for miles until they start moving.

42 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Have you noticed the sotd stay still until you are very close to them? Are they supposed to be like that? Not so sure but they are static and you can see them for miles until they start moving.

and so far none have attacked me , 

Yeh apart from crashes am enjoying single player,my only critisism is how long the sailing is taking,it took me over 20 minutes just to get to another  freeport on the same grid,and boy am i glad the sotd didnt attack,also cant find any yellow vits,anyone else having this problem?

1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

Yeh apart from crashes am enjoying single player,my only critisism is how long the sailing is taking,it took me over 20 minutes just to get to another  freeport on the same grid,and boy am i glad the sotd didnt attack,also cant find any yellow vits,anyone else having this problem?

Are you just getting bad winds? Even the starter sloop shouldn't be that slow except when the wind dies. That said, I headed for the nearest border ASAP to start getting my own boat built, things get a lot more comfortable after that. I'm going to do the nomad thing on my boat for a while.

I found turmeric on the Freeports, then I went one tile north and found coconut. I think I've found yellows everywhere I've gone so far, which isn't far, M7, M6, and N7. 

yeh It really is taking a long time to sail, the wind is blowing in one direction all the time too which is very odd,as for vits no everything I pick up even if it doesnt look like accai berries is basically accai berries only,so yeh I cant find any yellow vits at all.Someone on the forums did say they had a similar thing on a private server.

1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

If the wind direction is acting weird or is always blowing against you try this...

cheat setignorewind 1 (ignores wind direction and you still go forward)
cheat setignorewind 0 (sets wind direction affecting ship again)

Note I haven't tried these myself but may well do now I know about it.   🙂

• Like 1

If at first you don't succeed.. cheat.  Game is GREAT! YEH!! Amazing.. except for this, that, that, this, that...

It's single player. How can you be cheating if there's no-one to cheat?  Why do you care how someone plays a single-player game anyway? Is getting somewhere faster in a single-player game really annoying you? 😄

Anyway the pve game has almost the same probs as sp and i'm still playing that,and as the guy or gal just said it's not cheating on sp i't your own game the way you want to play it(even if that does sound like an advert for ea sports).Maybe they should start a single player forum that way we'll just swap info and get useful information not just criticism from non sp players,The sad thing is all the attacks and negative comments from other players are the reason people wanted single player in the first place.

Is the no way to claim land?  I like the idea even though it's not necessary in SP. 

as for wind, I haven't had an issue. 

I wouldn't mind seeing NPC ships wandering around... besides the "The Damned" ships.

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

If at first you don't succeed.. cheat.  Game is GREAT! YEH!! Amazing.. except for this, that, that, this, that...

Well you could cheat yes that is true but I never cheat because as soon as you do you find yourself giving up much more quickly.

The options might be there to cheat but it won't urge me to do it. Mods on the other hand I would not consider cheating, it just gives us a better experience.

If you whack everything up X10 or something then yes its cheating I'd say but that is upto them, its their game at the end of the day. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Geminia_Sierra said:

Is the no way to claim land?  I like the idea even though it's not necessary in SP. 

I wouldn't mind seeing NPC ships wandering around... besides the "The Damned" ships.

I can see why people might enjoy claiming land anyway in SP just for the hell of it, but since it serves no function in SP maybe there's a way to just plant an ordinary flag.  If I was so inclined I'd be happy just with sticking a large sign up with the name of my settlement, which we can do anyway.

The wind doesn't bother me either, to be honest, since a schooner sails pretty fast directly into the wind anyway. 

I'm using a mod which puts hostile NPC humans in the game and it would be nice to see NPC ships, too.  Even the humans make the game seem a bit more alive, so the ships would be even better.

7 minutes ago, Geminia_Sierra said:

This is where single player will almost wipe PvE out because more mods in future might allow for ships to roam around and be able to jump on to fight and claim ship like pirate should.

2 minutes ago, Coggage said:

I can see why people might enjoy claiming land anyway in SP just for the hell of it, but since it serves no function in SP maybe there's a way to just plant an ordinary flag. 

Isn't the Claim Flag needed for feeding crew in a base?

2 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

This is where single player will almost wipe PvE out because more mods in future might allow for ships to roam around and be able to jump on to fight and claim ship like pirate should.

I actually haven't played the PvE side of things. Just bought the game because I see the single player option and it was on sale. LOL.

Still... roaming NPC's ships and humans in either might be a nice touch.

Yeh it would be great if you could find inhabited npc settlements,maybe where you could sell stuff too,I find all too often games get any amount of hostiles and hardly ever any friendly npc's, It would be refreshing for an mmo to be peppered with friendly settlements,and maybe the odd cannibal one here and there.Maybe a ghost village too,the possibilities are pretty much endless really.

19 hours ago, Coggage said:

It's single player. How can you be cheating if there's no-one to cheat?  Why do you care how someone plays a single-player game anyway? Is getting somewhere faster in a single-player game really annoying you? 😄

Who says it annoys me? And if you deny you're cheating.. well you have bigger problems.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DannyUK said:

If there were servers which used mods that made the game more fun, without making it easier.. there'd be no need for sp at all really.  But like ark every atlas private seems to be the same x100 taming.. x902 harvesting. etc. + mods that basically give you free stuff or make the game so easy it isn't worth playing, more of a doss around 5 minute splash.   The funny thing is.  For all that anyone will ever play the sp for.. you can do on the servers anyway.. and more.. the only real reason for incl of a sp game is for people who have intermittant or no internet.

17 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Well you could cheat yes that is true but I never cheat because as soon as you do you find yourself giving up much more quickly.

The options might be there to cheat but it won't urge me to do it. Mods on the other hand I would not consider cheating, it just gives us a better experience.

If you whack everything up X10 or something then yes its cheating I'd say but that is upto them, its their game at the end of the day. 

Yeh I completely agree.  All that is important to me, is that people are aware that not playing how the game is intended or beaming stuff in etc.. using gamma to bypass.. is cheating.  Wether it's right or wrong means nothing to me.  The easier to make a game or the better/more experienced you become, you have the same effect anyway.. a lv 150 player.. is essentially cheating by breathing in the game compared to a lv 1 player.. in realistic sense as they can do everything.. except maybe.. see in the dark.. and 1 shot krakens with a line of code.

7 hours ago, Martyn said:

Who says it annoys me? And if you deny you're cheating.. well you have bigger problems.

You're so funny!!  If you thing cheating can exist in single player I pity you, I really do. Who am I cheating in single player then?  Not me, that's for sure, and I'm the only one there, so...  😄