Sign in to follow this  
cfxyxx

about the new update

Everyone can take gold/food from the claim flag is not a good idea. Take some food is okay, but gold not.  If someone want to destroy one flag by others, they only need parking 3 gally with full crews there. Yes, players can choose do not open this mod, but if so what's the point for this update?

My suggestion is:

1. Do not let anyone take gold from the flag

2.Everyone can get food from the flag by pay money (1-20golds setting by owner) 

Edited by cfxyxx

2 minutes ago, cfxyxx said:

Yes, players can choose do not open this mod, but if so what's the point for this update?

What? I don't even.... what? The Option to be able to pay for the Settlers NPCs was DEMANDED by the community (not asked for, DEMANDED). I don't think you understand how it works and what the mechanic is ment for?

6 minutes ago, Sinappia said:

What? I don't even.... what? The Option to be able to pay for the Settlers NPCs was DEMANDED by the community (not asked for, DEMANDED). I don't think you understand how it works and what the mechanic is ment for?

- Claim Flags now have a toggleable setting in Settlements mode which allows Settlement owners to choose whether to pay and feed the NPC Crew for allies or everyone settled on the island. This will be displayed in the top-right hand corner HUD. A single + means ally crew will take gold/food from claim flags. ++ means everyone will take gold/food from the claim flag. A lack of + means that only the settlement owner's crew will be able to take good/food from claim flags.

This is what they said. Player can choose mode +,++

I know - and what exactly is the problem with the fact Players can choose on their Flag who exactly they want to feed & pay gold for?

9 minutes ago, Sinappia said:

I know - and what exactly is the problem with the fact Players can choose on their Flag who exactly they want to feed & pay gold for?

The problem is I don't think anyone will choose to pay gold for others. Because none knows if others will parking like 3 gallys with full crews in your island. it's easily to use all your money in your flag. Then, destroy your flag and take your island. I don't think anyone will want this happen.  as the result, none will open this mode. So, if none use it what is the point for this update?

Edited by cfxyxx
  • Confused 2

Just now, cfxyxx said:

The problem is I don't think anyone will choose to pay gold for others. Because none knows if others will parking like 3 gallys with full crews in your island. it's easily to use all your money in your flag. Then, destroy your flag and take your island. I don't think anyone will want this happen.  as the result, none will open this mode. So, if none use open it what is the point for this update?

What? Have you not been following the discussions the last days? This update was ment to give the landowners the option to pay and feed the NPCs for their Settlers - as very loudly demanded by the community. The option to pay and feed everyone is just a sidenote. I think you are completly missunderstanding this update and it's purpose.

5 minutes ago, Sinappia said:

What? Have you not been following the discussions the last days? This update was ment to give the landowners the option to pay and feed the NPCs for their Settlers - as very loudly demanded by the community. The option to pay and feed everyone is just a sidenote. I think you are completly missunderstanding this update and it's purpose.

No, I didn't know about the discussions. only thing I want explain is someone can use this new update do some bad things and in fact I know some people is already starting doing that. 

Edited by cfxyxx

Just now, cfxyxx said:

No, I didn't know about the discussions. only thing I want explain is someone can use this new update do some bad things and in fact I know some people is starting doing that. 

Then simply don't turn the option on to feed everyone's NPCs with food and gold (++)? Only have it for Settlers (+) or the landowners themself (no +). What is the issue with having a choice?

1 minute ago, Sinappia said:

Then simply don't turn the option on to feed everyone's NPCs with food and gold (++)? Only have it for Settlers (+) or the landowners themself (no +). What is the issue with having a choice?

u didn't get my point. if none turn on it why we need have this (++)mode? My suggestion is making some changes. Then, players also can choose open (++)mode.

If your critic is only about the ++-mode than u should rephrase your entire topic heavily, because that's not at all what how it sounds? Don't talk about "what's the point of this update" - because the update is very well received by the players and makes them happy.
Instead make a normal phrased suggestion like "I think the ++-mode won't be used much because of the possible griefing. Maybe the ++-mode could be reworked to allow anyones NPC's to eat food from the flag but not eat gold, instead they have to pay gold for the food".
As it is phrased now it seems like you want all options to not be feeding gold - and thats not at all what ppl want!

22 minutes ago, Sinappia said:

Maybe there is something wrong with my phrasing, but this is only some suggestion to make it better not criticisms. Feeding gold for others is really not a good idea. Because it can cause many unpredictable problems. Gold is a necessity for flag maintenance. it will be better If they can separate the gold for feeding crews from the gold for maintaining the island. Or just like what I said before do not let anyone take money from the flag.

Edited by cfxyxx

19 minutes ago, cfxyxx said:

Maybe there is something wrong with my phrasing, but this is only some suggestion to make it better not criticisms. Feeding gold for others is really not a good idea. Because it can cause many unpredictable problems. Gold is a necessity for flag maintenance. it will be better If they can separate the gold for feeding crews from the gold for maintaining the island. Or just like what I said before do not let anyone take money from the flag.

There are so many work arounds to your concern. Just put all settlers into an Alliance. Or if you Want to Pay for everyone you will Most Likely have enough Gold to atleast Pay a few days for multiple galleons And can then still Change it back before the flag gets destroyed. This will also Allow landlords to Give Npcs away with swivels to their settlers to Protect them And the settlers Dont Need to worry about gold

6 minutes ago, zottel said:

There are so many work arounds to your concern. Just put all settlers into an Alliance. Or if you Want to Pay for everyone you will Most Likely have enough Gold to atleast Pay a few days for multiple galleons And can then still Change it back before the flag gets destroyed. This will also Allow landlords to Give Npcs away with swivels to their settlers to Protect them And the settlers Dont Need to worry about gold

U're right. but that still have many unpredictable factors. For example, u never know how many ships will parking in your island. It will be better If they can separate the gold for feeding crews from the gold for maintaining the island. 

43 minutes ago, cfxyxx said:

U're right. but that still have many unpredictable factors. For example, u never know how many ships will parking in your island. It will be better If they can separate the gold for feeding crews from the gold for maintaining the island. 

Im sure this will come soon And Totally agree that this should be an Option. We Are Hosting the Kraken each week so we have Plenty of ships at our island at that Point,but as the Crew First Takes Gold from Ressource boxes And then from the flag Most wont even take anything from the flag,yet there still is the small Chance of griefing but i Dont think it will be that bad.

• Thanks 1

If you have trust issues with your Settlers / allies then don't use that option. Most people don't 😉 btw you as a landowner don't have enought money for paying 3 gallies full of NPCs over night with all those double/tripple weekends and cutted gold assumption by half? 

This is totally useless complain man, just don't use it. Many people will.

On 6/29/2019 at 11:35 AM, Sinappia said:

no it wasnt , the DEMAND as u put it was for a island wide way for settlers to feed their crew ,and pay their crews , not for the island owners to feed and pay them ,

the devs really are clueless at the moment , no island owner is going to feed and pay every settlers and their own crews , 

Edited by UDO

now they say this wich is an absolute contradiction in itself:

from the new patch notes:

Crew on Fully Anchored Boats:

1st priority: Silo
2nd priority: Claim Flags
3rd priority: Resource Box and Food larder

- Fixed a bug where Crew were taking gold/food from a flag before they took it from a resource box/larder

Edited by photek

and is it still possible to take out gold from the flag and bank and silo with rank 0 and no permission to access the bank or flag or silo??? .....

On 6/29/2019 at 3:33 AM, cfxyxx said:

The problem is I don't think anyone will choose to pay gold for others. Because none knows if others will parking like 3 gallys with full crews in your island. it's easily to use all your money in your flag. Then, destroy your flag and take your island. I don't think anyone will want this happen.  as the result, none will open this mode. So, if none use it what is the point for this update?

It doesn't say any random person can park and have there crew payed for, it says ALLYS

Edited by Sulfurblade

4 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

It doesn't say any random person can park and have there crew payed for, it says ALLYS

- Claim Flags now have a toggleable setting in Settlements mode which allows Settlement owners to choose whether to pay and feed the NPC Crew for allies or everyone settled on the island.

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

- Claim Flags now have a toggleable setting in Settlements mode which allows Settlement owners to choose whether to pay and feed the NPC Crew for allies or everyone settled on the island.

whats the problem?  If you don't want to pay then toggle, options are a good thing not a bad thing!

Just now, Sulfurblade said:

whats the problem?  If you don't want to pay then toggle, options are a good thing not a bad thing!

I never said there was a problem, I was pointing out your incorrect point.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I never said there was a problem, I was point out your incorrect point.

Your completely missing my point.... cfxyxx is going on like anyone can simply stroll up to an island with 3 galleons and bankrupt the flag...  and thats clearly not correct.

Just now, Sulfurblade said:

Your completely missing my point.... cfxyxx is going on like anyone can simply stroll up to an island with 3 galleons and bankrupt the flag...  and thats clearly not correct.

I'm not missing the point. You said: "It doesn't say any random person can park and have there crew payed for, it says ALLYS".

That is incorrect, so I pointed out to you where it does say any person on the island not just allys. It is you that are trying to twist my point to fit your argument.

6 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I'm not missing the point. You said: "It doesn't say any random person can park and have there crew payed for, it says ALLYS".

That is incorrect, so I pointed out to you where it does say any person on the island not just allys. It is you that are trying to twist my point to fit your argument.

On 6/29/2019 at 3:51 AM, Sinappia said:

If your critic is only about the ++-mode than u should rephrase your entire topic heavily, because that's not at all what how it sounds? Don't talk about "what's the point of this update" - because the update is very well received by the players and makes them happy.
Instead make a normal phrased suggestion like "I think the ++-mode won't be used much because of the possible griefing. Maybe the ++-mode could be reworked to allow anyones NPC's to eat food from the flag but not eat gold, instead they have to pay gold for the food".
As it is phrased now it seems like you want all options to not be feeding gold - and thats not at all what ppl want!

Sinappia sums things up quite well...  

Edited by Sulfurblade