Sign in to follow this  
xwildslicerx

Abandoned Ships? (PvE)

I have tried finding a definitive answer to this but I haven't been able to.

In PvE, do player ships that have been abandoned expire? After the recent patch where auto decay turned on, these ships around the area my company has built up have no decayed. I am not positive about timing, but I believe it has been around 4 weeks already since the group who owned these ships left.

As long as someone visits it it doesnt decay. Maybe they spawn on the beds here and there?

No they don't vanish unfortunately unless they have changed the timer to 4 weeks, I will tell you on Monday whether this is the case because that is the last day a ship on my base has been there for.

The ship has been there over 3 weeks now and still there, I know for certain it hasn't moved but some say you only have to spawn on the bed? I'm not so sure, others have said you must lift the anchor so which is true?

I made a thread about this here 

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

No they don't vanish unfortunately unless they have changed the timer to 4 weeks, I will tell you on Monday whether this is the case because that is the last day a ship on my base has been there for.

The ship has been there over 3 weeks now and still there, I know for certain it hasn't moved but some say you only have to spawn on the bed? I'm not so sure, others have said you must lift the anchor so which is true?

I lift the anchor for my ships. I don't want to play around with not knowing definitively. That said, I'm not sure WHEN they supposedly changed the vanish times, but I DO know I had a LOT of ships disappear on me, even when I did go on to them (I was actively building one of them), and even though I logged in daily (with the exception of missing 2 days once).

Just lift your anchors every time  you're on. I've never had a ship disappear since. I HAVE had my tames disappear though! That stuff makes me angry.

• Like 1

I never lifted the anchor or moved the starter sloop and the sloops for the Golden Age Ruins. They are still here, since relaunch day.

15 hours ago, Grongash said:

I never lifted the anchor or moved the starter sloop and the sloops for the Golden Age Ruins. They are still here, since relaunch day.

Have you interacted with them in any way, I mean like putting things in cupboards or putting wood in the resource chest or gold etc? If you have this may be enough to reset timer I don't know.

If someone is not actively playing and have left the daily chore of stocking it up with resources etc then it might be different, you may have to lift the anchor or interact with it in some way like I said above. Maybe @Jatheish can confirm once and for all to put this to bed?

Edited by DannyUK

19 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Have you interacted with them in any way, I mean like putting things in cupboards or putting wood in the resource chest or gold etc? If you have this may be enough to reset timer I don't know.

If someone is not actively playing and have left the daily chore of stocking it up with resources etc then it might be different, you may have to lift the anchor or interact with it in some way like I said above. Maybe @Jatheish can confirm once and for all to put this to bed?

With two of them i only used the bed to spawn there and then jump away again.

This group I am speaking of has not been online since before we claimed their island. They haven't bee on in over a month at this point.

Yes I have just checked the ship near me as well and it is still there but I'm not to worried as i've moved to single player, you get to build what you want, where you want and how big you want. Having the large map and mods has swayed me to abandon PvE altogether, I think it is finished personally which is a shame.

As for the timers grongash might be right in just having to spawn on the bed on ship and that is it as the ship I have here has been here 4 weeks today. I will log in on PvE to keep timers ticking over but that's about it for me.

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

Yes I have just checked the ship near me as well and it is still there but I'm not to worried as i've moved to single player, you get to build what you want, where you want and how big you want. Having the large map and mods has swayed me to abandon PvE altogether, I think it is finished personally which is a shame.

As for the timers grongash might be right in just having to spawn on the bed on ship and that is it as the ship I have here has been here 4 weeks today. I will log in on PvE to keep timers ticking over but that's about it for me.

Slightly off topic sorry guys but how did you move to SP if it does not release till middle of July?

As for this topic it is a shame that games like this need these sort of timers. Worst yet is no one knows when the thing expires. Not sure why it can not be a set rate and stay there. I know people get busy but seems to me that 14 days is more than enough time. If you can not find 5 minutes to log in for a moment then you clearly do not care. I am guilty of keeping my stuff on offical before the first wipe. Was not sure I could find a good private server. I was right but going back to official was not the answer either. With no direct supervision on official servers people do as they please. Really not interested in dealing with that. Plus first time around took me at least 10 hrs of game time to find a small sliver of land someone else had left behind.

3 minutes ago, Dawg711 said:

Slightly off topic sorry guys but how did you move to SP if it does not release till middle of July?

As for this topic it is a shame that games like this need these sort of timers. Worst yet is no one knows when the thing expires. Not sure why it can not be a set rate and stay there. I know people get busy but seems to me that 14 days is more than enough time. If you can not find 5 minutes to log in for a moment then you clearly do not care. I am guilty of keeping my stuff on offical before the first wipe. Was not sure I could find a good private server. I was right but going back to official was not the answer either. With no direct supervision on official servers people do as they please. Really not interested in dealing with that. Plus first time around took me at least 10 hrs of game time to find a small sliver of land someone else had left behind.

Single player beta was included with the recent update. You can play it right now but expect bugs along the way. At least we can use mods to get a better experience, PvE is getting boring for me, I play alone there anyway.

58 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Single player beta was included with the recent update. You can play it right now but expect bugs along the way. At least we can use mods to get a better experience, PvE is getting boring for me, I play alone there anyway.

OMG I did not know it was in beta!!! Their announcement said beta in Mid July. TY for that info.