Sign in to follow this  
Garrik

Breeding Nanny

There was a nanny in the Ark s+ mod that would feed and imprint on your baby animals.    This would be very helpful here in Atlas because very rarely do I have time to the time to feed them to 10% let alone get all the cuddles.    Makes this part of the game ( when I do have time )  very NOT fun.   Make the nanny expensive to use or whatever but it sure would help a lot of us.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Garrik said:

There was a nanny in the Ark s+ mod that would feed and imprint on your baby animals.    This would be very helpful here in Atlas because very rarely do I have time to the time to feed them to 10% let alone get all the cuddles.    Makes this part of the game ( when I do have time )  very NOT fun.   Make the nanny expensive to use or whatever but it sure would help a lot of us.

That is a very good idea and I think that is awesome. Having said that you better not be on official because if you think that would happen there you are out of your mind. Not meaning any disrespect but man, that isn’t going on official.

if you play unofficial then definitely expect that soon. This modding community can work wonders 

By the way, quick question for everyone. Is there any two week tames yet like the gigs used to be?

if so, what is the longest?

if not, what is the highest?

if the worst is only like 5 days I am going to be so mad at ark lol

I do play official.  Its a matter of fun and time.  It's not fun to sit there and feed them and most of the time there isn't enough time to imprint 100%

1 minute ago, Garrik said:

I do play official.  Its a matter of fun and time.  It's not fun to sit there and feed them and most of the time there isn't enough time to imprint 100%

Yeah that is why I didn’t want that other post to seem bad because I figured it was an official request. That won’t happen man. Mods very rarely come to official servers. Sure some do but most do not, regardless of fun or time.

i replies to this because just a few hours ago Ced said specifically that the nanny would not come to console for ark because of the meta change that can happen.

the nanny just won’t come to official servers. It it did it would make a lot bigger impact than you think. They could have a real life “god tame” that wasn’t even dev developed.

i totally get you on the sleep/fun factor. Please don’t think I was arguing that point. It would be a lot easier to lessen times than bring the nanny though. Remember the gigs was two weeks(not sure if you played ark before)

5 hours ago, Realist said:

By the way, quick question for everyone. Is there any two week tames yet like the gigs used to be?

if so, what is the longest?

if not, what is the highest?

if the worst is only like 5 days I am going to be so mad at ark lol

Razertooths, shieldhorns and Tortugars need a little more than 72 hrs to raise from 0 - 100 and need 9 imprints. Egg incubation is 3hr 15min and these animals need longest to raise. All others take less time to raise.

Bring this into the game and I might start breeding, as it stands not a chance.

I never played Ark so never heard of this nanny mod but i like the sound of it.

I've tried breeding in Atlas, sitting there for 4 hours doing nothing other than putting meat or berries in it's inventory, not for me I'm afraid.

Breeding for me is so boring, no fun and like watching paint dry, i really struggle to understand how people do it, wasting 4hrs like that.

If you got something special from it i might understand but even extra dmg doesn't do it for me I'm afraid. Give me the nanny and i will pay them a good wage.

Yeh must admit I don't bother with breeding, other than maybe 1-2 I don't see the point in it.  The elusive cross breed aside, with the perfect stats, it isn't like you can breed animals for selling or even for fellow company members who don't feed them from birth.. thus don't get the imprint bonus.

Pointless really otherwise.

Too many limitations in ark/atlas etc.. all the feeding to 10% imprinting, specific foods, can't put lockers on cargo on a tame you didn't tame, even if you're admin in the company.. just getting to be too much.  It's feels like a maze where there is no exit and no reward sometimes. 

Edited by Martyn

7 hours ago, Vegetto said:

Razertooths, shieldhorns and Tortugars need a little more than 72 hrs to raise from 0 - 100 and need 9 imprints. Egg incubation is 3hr 15min and these animals need longest to raise. All others take less time to raise.

Ok that isn’t too bad then. Thank god they got away from the week or two breeding cycles

2 days breeding every 8 hours imprint is not too bad if you compare it to ark. even 3 days is ok.

in ark imprint was at 4 hours, not 8, for a very long time until they've changed it.

not that you have to breed in atlas... it's rly not attracting to breed in atlas at all because the animals are pretty much worthless except a bear giraffe rhino and elephant and the temperature penaltys sux way...

in ark there are more useful animals to use for various situations.

but this is atlas ( xd ). we will see what happens... there are def. missing some animals / abilities.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, photek said:

2 days breeding every 8 hours imprint is not too bad if you compare it to ark. even 3 days is ok.

in ark imprint was at 4 hours, not 8, for a very long time until they've changed it.

not that you have to breed in atlas... it's rly not attracting to breed in atlas at all because the animals are pretty much worthless except a bear giraffe rhino and elephant and the temperature penaltys sux way...

in ark there are more useful animals to use for various situations.

but this is atlas ( xd ). we will see what happens... there are def. missing some animals / abilities.

I am sure they will keep adding animals. Hopefully they are useful animals though. That will be the thing.

but yeah they made the breeding in ark total hell lol. I still did it but it was hell.

Just got to find a pretty stable (tempature) server.

I spam the crap out of bears, 0 tempature maintance (in a temperate), just stuff em every hour or so with berries then go off and do other stuff. (I do babysit the 1st hour till they can fit enough)

Same deal with eles and girs. Equater lets me burn torches 24/7 (little over heat but not a huge amt of damage) so stuff full of food and come back every hour... repair torches every 3, after 7 hours they are at 10% and torches come off.

Imprints can be a pita but are doable if you time things right.