Sign in to follow this  
Coggage

Single player beta this weekend maybe...

It's being put through its paces right now; we just want to make sure it's stable and covers all the bases so you guys can get the proper experience. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jatheish said:

It's being put through its paces right now; we just want to make sure it's stable and covers all the bases so you guys can get the proper experience. 🙂

Nothing wrong with being late if you are the best looking one at the ball.

The proper experience.. so we'll be able to sail around 150 regions..

It'll be a mega nerfed version, where you can cheat in whatever you want.. and it'll mostly be used to test out builds and ideas.. just like it was in ark.

Oh and 2-3 people will actually play in singleplayer.. the game is afterall a multiplayer game.

Remember.. the upto 40,000 players online...slogan? Not a single player..well.. there's 300 of us now.  300 single players..

Edited by Martyn
  • Haha 1

There are so few players on Official servers it isn't likely that I see another player. There are signs they exist, with a few buildings and ships around, but the times I play don't seem to coincide with theirs. No chat, no trade... nothing.

I'm looking forward to trying out mods that add things to the game, mostly.

1 hour ago, Coggage said:

There are so few players on Official servers it isn't likely that I see another player. There are signs they exist, with a few buildings and ships around, but the times I play don't seem to coincide with theirs. No chat, no trade... nothing.

I'm looking forward to trying out mods that add things to the game, mostly.

I'm in eastern temperate biome on NA PVE and see a decent number of ships and structures. It's certainly not crowded and when I check there are never more than a handful of folks in whatever grid I'm in. Conceptually I would be against a single player mode for a massive world MMO like Atlas aspires to, but at this point with the low player counts in the game, I think they are struggling to find a market and a playerbase so I can't entirely fault them for throwing it out there. I'd prefer they didn't spend development time and resources on it, but it's not my call and I can see why they might decide to.

are we going to need 50 people in order to do the powerstone on L3 in singleplayer, too?

or is 1 person and 2.000.000.000.000 attempts going to be enough?

As a solo on PvP server I am looking forward to figuring out ways to do the powerstones, kraken and get rid of my "pissy pants" without it being a complete waste of time as it has been on official servers.  I guess it depends on what options are available on single player.  I do hope it is like a private server and many things are adjustable.

I'm looking forward to a single player option,but I just can't see how we'll be able to have the whole map with no mem or lag problems,I hope they can do it,but i'd settle for a smaller achievable sp map than a full unplayable one.I really hope i'm wrong and they manage it,at least we don't have long to wait to find out. 

3 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

I'm looking forward to a single player option,but I just can't see how we'll be able to have the whole map with no mem or lag problems,I hope they can do it,but i'd settle for a smaller achievable sp map than a full unplayable one.I really hope i'm wrong and they manage it,at least we don't have long to wait to find out. 

Pretty sure you will download it like ark. It is is that way there won’t be any lag

Just noticed a 5gig download incoming... I hope it is the single-player game!  🙂

CURRENT: V208.1 :skull:

- Single Player Beta Mode

Note: Whilst not a formal system, Singleplayer users can play on any world json they want, by just replacing these files:
\ShooterGame\ServerGrid.json
\ShooterGame\ServerGrid\
 (the map images)

When doing so, please back up your SavedAtlasLocal folder, and then delete your save data using the in-game save delete button.

- Claim Flags now have a toggleable setting in Settlements mode which allows Settlement owners to choose whether to pay and feed the NPC Crew for allies or everyone settled on the island. This will be displayed in the top-right hand corner HUD. A single + means ally crew will take gold/food from claim flags. ++ means everyone will take gold/food from the claim flag. A lack of + means that only the settlement owner's crew will be able to take good/food from claim flags.
- Magic Mythos is now active for the weekend: 2x bonus rates for Harvesting, Taming, XP and Gold!

• Like 1

With numbers already dropping I can see this killing off PvE altogether. It looks like people are wanting this single player mode and many will go from PvE to single player.

Don't think it will have any difference for PvP that is the main part of the game but doesn't look good for PvE. I enjoy PvE only because of the interaction with others without fighting and helping, trading etc but when numbers drop further I probably won't see PvE enjoyable at all and may even try single player myself eventually if we can use mods.

Never played Ark so don't know if PvE exists alongside single player? Be interesting to see how that panned out with the numbers or whether it is surviving. It may be that I just move onto another game altogether, all the people I used to play with left a long time ago. Maybe a year down the line it may be more different but I won't hold my breath.

I will see how single player turns out and how other people find this mode in the game, I'm not sure it is going to be fun but will see. I think it will need a hell of alot more things added in single player to be enjoyable.

• Like 1

Why in the world would anyone want to play Atlas single-player?

Edited by Kast

I thought the mode was going to be only for the single grid ISO map, so amazed when they said it works on all maps.   

Since you do not have 15x15 servers running  how did they solve the problem of treasure map bottles being empty when the target server is not up?   This is an issue Atlas Server Controller had in implementing server swapping.  You can traverse the map and only load those servers around you to make running servers on your gaming PC feasible if you have 64GB of mem.   With 32GB you had to manually load your source and destination grid and home grid because loading all  neighbors and home was too much.  That could not be automated using steam location services outside the game as it required knowing  the players direction, but this update could be tracking that.  Problem is with only 3/225 maps up - treasure map hunting was boring local common quality.

I think the mode will be successful - it allows people to experience the game without any server issues.   Obviously being able to chose your own mods and settings and not have to live with others poor choices is great.  The reality is MMOs are so full of people doing their own thing without regards to other people - they have no desire to either compete or cooperate - that they might as well be playing solo.   Most people have no desire to play with people only willing to play with themselves.     

Edited by krazmuze
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kast said:

Why in the world would anyone want to play Atlas single-player?

Because I may as well, since I haven't seen another player in at least thirty hours of play.  Not on land and not at sea.  I put something in Chat like "Hi!" or "Any locations for Salt?"... crickets.  No community, no-one to trade with, no-one to team up with, even Freeports are absolute ghost towns.  What's the point in my joining a so-called public server and having to play, to all intents and purposes, a single-player experience?

The advantages to singe-player gaming are:  no foundation spam; no offline raids; no zerging; no toxic players; I can try mods out for quality of life improvements and added content; I can build as big a base as I want and make it as extravagant as I want; no claims to worry about; I can  learn ALL the skill trees if I want to, to see what I might be missing in gameplay. I also don't have to join a Company if I don't want to, because while I met some great people in Atlas I also encountered a LOT of dickheads that I wouldn't hang out with in a million years.  Atlas was INTENDED to be a MMO with a large player-base and a thriving, player-driven economy... well, that just didn't happen, so it's Unofficial servers and single-player for me. from now on.

3 hours ago, UnknownSystemError said:

You can indeed use certain mods from an approved list for the new singleplayer

I put about 5 mods in that I liked the look of and they all work.  I don't see an "approved list" mentioned?

• Like 1

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood the list. I have never played unofficial, but when I logged onto single player there were 6-7 mods listed as available. If you can add any mod, even better.

16 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Because I may as well, since I haven't seen another player in at least thirty hours of play.  Not on land and not at sea.  I put something in Chat like "Hi!" or "Any locations for Salt?"... crickets.  No community, no-one to trade with, no-one to team up with, even Freeports are absolute ghost towns.  What's the point in my joining a so-called public server and having to play, to all intents and purposes, a single-player experience?

The advantages to singe-player gaming are:  no foundation spam; no offline raids; no zerging; no toxic players; I can try mods out for quality of life improvements and added content; I can build as big a base as I want and make it as extravagant as I want; no claims to worry about; I can  learn ALL the skill trees if I want to, to see what I might be missing in gameplay. I also don't have to join a Company if I don't want to, because while I met some great people in Atlas I also encountered a LOT of dickheads that I wouldn't hang out with in a million years.  Atlas was INTENDED to be a MMO with a large player-base and a thriving, player-driven economy... well, that just didn't happen, so it's Unofficial servers and single-player for me. from now on.

I put about 5 mods in that I liked the look of and they all work.  I don't see an "approved list" mentioned?

Yes that's exactly the way I'm starting to see it also. Most people i know already left.

I want them to add things in that attack base though, there is no threats and will get very boring on your own without attacks on base etc.

I would like to build guns around my base, give us something in single player to use those mountable guns on.

Be nice to have structures through out the map that are guarded by enemy npc and we have to take them out to gain loot etc. I'd stay in single player all time if these features were added.

11 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Yes that's exactly the way I'm starting to see it also. Most people i know already left.

I want them to add things in that attack base though, there is no threats and will get very boring on your own without attacks on base etc.

I would like to build guns around my base, give us something in single player to use those mountable guns on.

Be nice to have structures through out the map that are guarded by enemy npc and we have to take them out to gain loot etc. I'd stay in single player all time if these features were added.

The Total People mod might be worth you looking at.  It spawns in hostile NPCs that will attack the player, but which (like an Atlas animal) can be tamed and put to work.  I haven't tried it myself yet.

• Like 1

so whats the difference between private server god mode and single player pve? more time investment?

personally i think if it is like a playthrough story that might be fine till you beat the game... anyways watching a single player stream on twitch now...

1 hour ago, Coggage said:

The Total People mod might be worth you looking at.  It spawns in hostile NPCs that will attack the player, but which (like an Atlas animal) can be tamed and put to work.  I haven't tried it myself yet.

I haven't looked at mods yet but i will certainly check that out thanks.

2 hours ago, Coggage said:

So like Conan and thralls? Yeah sign me up for that. Sounds like an awesome mod