Sign in to follow this  
rufierto

Water barrels not working

Me and a friend just switched to PVE and when we drink from water barrels with water,  it makes the drinking sound but does not hydrate us at all.  Anyone know what is going on there?

Not tried drinking directly from them as I always just put my water skin in them which fills it up and drink from that. That way certainly works. Will test the other when I get home later.

If the barrel is empty it will still make the sound just FYI. If you are in a desert biome the water barrels are almost useless and you'll need to set up a system of wells for hydration.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:05 AM, Sydhart said:

If the barrel is empty it will still make the sound just FYI. If you are in a desert biome the water barrels are almost useless and you'll need to set up a system of wells for hydration.

They are just fine in a desert biome...if you keep the lid shut.  I live in the desert.

Edited to add:  you are correct in that they no longer fill.  I fill up barrels in a fresh water source.  Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by 8ball

Yeah, just unload a full shipbarrel from time to time. Or tame a cow!

Barrels wont fill in Desert (it doesnt rain), but they will hold water and retain water if you keep the lid closed. Leave the lid open and the water will dry up.

back to the OP, maybe it was just a glitch? I have had no issues drinking out of barrels.

On 7/2/2019 at 7:21 AM, =MGC=Ranger said:

Barrels wont fill in Desert (it doesnt rain), but they will hold water and retain water if you keep the lid closed. Leave the lid open and the water will dry up.

back to the OP, maybe it was just a glitch? I have had no issues drinking out of barrels.

Bet the barrel was empty

21 hours ago, Luxfere said:

Bet the barrel was empty

Yeah my base is on H7, desert. Ive had barrels on my Galleon for weeks and they never lose water as long as I keep em closed.