Sign in to follow this  
boomervoncannon

Kudos to the mods

Not sure how many of you caught that, but about 30 minutes ago, a chinese spam poster started his usual routine, only it appears he was shut down after a single post, which was deleted pretty quickly. One can surmise this means the moderators were on top of it this time. Well done and keep up the good work.

Alternatively, I could just complain about them having deprived me of the chance to practice reading Chinese for free. Why do the mods hate me? I'm just trying to improve myself and learn Chinese. I think they are probably racists who hate Americans that are trying to learn.

Please choose the statement that agrees with your posting style/mood/worldview/medication levels.

Edited by boomervoncannon

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Why do the mods hate me? I'm just trying to improve myself and learn Chinese. I think they are probably racists who hate Americans that are trying to learn.

Seriously! I was THIS close to being able to figure out what the girl at the restaurant was really writing on my order slip when I go to pick up my house special lo mein. 

"It's that guy again. Make sure you something something something. Extra pork."

Maybe if we keep mentioning the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests in every other thread, the chinese censorship office is actually going to help us control this spam issue.

24 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

You spoke to soon

Pfft. You’re one of those people who wants *all* the lead out of your drinking water aren’t you? 😜

54 minutes ago, user1 said:

Maybe if we keep mentioning the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests in every other thread, the chinese censorship office is actually going to help us control this spam issue.

I like the way you think outside the box. Almost like how the Tianamen Square protesters didn’t let themselves get boxed in mentally.

PS Tank Man is still one of my heroes.

PPS Tianamen Square is lovely this time of year, or so I hear.

PPPS Wouldn’t it be great if the Chinese government’s absurd attempt to quash the memory of the protest and the massacre became the catalyst for long term grassroots resistance by the people of China that ultimately leads to meaningful reform? Silly I know, but a man can dream.

Edited by boomervoncannon

7 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Pfft. You’re one of those people who wants *all* the lead out of your drinking water aren’t you? 😜

CeoGyjwC_400x400.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Na. Just 99.999999999999% 🙂

On 6/26/2019 at 10:07 AM, UnknownSystemError said:

That is Korean.

Ok, phew, it’s not just me. I was really starting to wonder if it was just me and everyone else was actually seeing Chinese. It IS definitely Korean though.  

I do love how everyone just assumes it’s Chinese, GO MURICA!

Our spam filters are much tighter now too, so we should see a lot less getting through. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1