Jump to content

KleinHaynes

ship THIS GAME SHOULD ADD MORE SHIP SYSTEM IN THE NEXT MEGA UPDATE.

Recommended Posts

♥  For 1453 hours, I have played this game in PvP. As we know, this game is a pirate game but after a new patch, again and again, It seems to me that devs tend to focus on updating new content mainly in new tamed and environment instead of ship updating. I would like to discuss about the new contents that I want to see.

Let's talk about design first. I would like to see the developers introduce new various ships to fulfil different purposes for players like Caravel for discovery, Indiaman for cargo, Privateer, Frigate, Ship of the line for battle and adding more sails as well. The ship's sails and ship appearance in this game are really annoying to me. Look at Brigantine for example. Most players often attach three speed sails on it and make the ship looks like the kind of weird. There's should have had sails like Spirit sail at the ship's bow and Spraker sail at the stern that can increase ship speed as the rest too. Not to mention the captain's cabin at the stern that is empty, no windows and no big company's flag.     

Next, we should be able to board the enemy ship and capture it in a short amount of time like 10 minutes when a ship is unanchored but we have to wait more than 8 hours to claim which is really suck. And some good news from the last patch, there's spear bolt which can pull enemy ship but a ship can still fire to each other. If a ship can't fire when spear bolt pulling it, that's mean the boading enemy ship will be easier and it's possible to capture it. 

And the last point is NPCs that can't do anything more than a mindless robot. It made the game lifeless. This game should categorize NPCs to many occupations such as crew NPCs for mounting canon and controlling sails, pirate NPCs that can board the enemy ship, etc. Moreover, at the Freeport there should be NPCs roaming around like a real port city and some of them can ask players for doing quests.  And it is going to be better if there're NPCs cargo ship sailing across between different Freeport or even NPCs pratol ship that can be plundered by players to get foreign materials. But for now, we have to bear with a boring long haul journey to get materials for the blueprint. 

I hope that this game can be better when it comes out from early access ♥

PS: Don't mind my English skill xD

Chesapeake.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am close to 1500 hours soon too, but there are not going to be many left if they keep up with the ham-fisted nerfs to appease the pvp exploiters. You have a progression mmo that they are trying to run as a battle royale, and they are fucking both up. So people spend months farming BPs to find the right ones...and what is their response. 30 percent across the board nerf to stats. I know that there will be the normal white-knighting of "It's EA, blah, blah, blah." but they really need to ask the ever-shrinking playerbase of people that have stuck around what they should be focusing on rather than listening to their brahs in the pvp Discord.

Edited by UnknownSystemError

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh I agree,for months the hardcore have been banging on about how easy everything is and the game needs to be harder to play,well congrats to you cos now I spend half my time just surviving,repairing ships and feeding tames etc  and a lot less time sailing, I was lead to believe they wanted people to explore more?,well they are going a funny way round it.The way they are going by the time single player is released there wont be enough players left on the servers to call it an mmo anyway.I don't see why some of the hardcore element don't just play fortnite,it seems that's what they want this to be anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah, stop introducing stupid creatures that no one cares about or that can be abused. I would also like to see new ship types and sails. If you make more creatures then make small stuff like more fish, dogs, cats and donkeys. That are creatures that makes sense in the pirate setting. There is also different types of parrots, just saying 🙂

I would also like to say that pvp is obnoxious with the stupid crab! Ether nerf the jump or remove it entirely. It was fun in ark but it does not work in this game, because there are no flyers you can tame. Do not add tamales flyers btw, i will leave the instant you do that and so will the rest of us (Dragon is ok, that has a time limit and take a huge effort to get!).

I also agree that freeports are lifeless and needs npc's that move around and maybe give you some quest.

Ships of the dammed also look lifeless and like they don't fit in to the rest of the game. You should make them look like navy or pirate ships that are in the game (Give them sails and crew plz). There could even be an island the dammed owns as their stronghold and that you could then raid. So you would have like a island dungeon that could be raided by players.

There is also a idea about removing the ships of the dammed completely and making npc colonies that have there own banner and everything. You would then be fighting them instead. I think that might improve the them of the game. You could make cargo ships drop there loot and some crew after loosing hp to 30% of health, so you don't have to kill them if you don't want to. There is a big difference between a pirate and a marauder.

oh, also there is no reason for npc ships to sail in circles. You should make them patrol around the whole grid as a small fleet and stay in a formation so they don't bump in to each other 😛 

I know this is a lot to take in but we are trying to give you some feedback to improve your game. That was some of the stuff that has been making me a little disappointed with the game after 1352 hours of pvp game play 🙂

I have other ideas to, like i love the new pvp colonies system but would like to adjust the combat timer to 7 hours. Just so people don't have to hurry home form work so much. Animals also do not need to not get stuck on everything (Rocks, trees, bad mesh, plants) and when you run a bigger animal in to a smaller animal you should push away the smaller animal. I don't need my rhino to set stuck on a turtle.. plz 😄

Treasure maps can and should not be berried on top of a stone, there has to be soft ground! or else you are just pulling a chest out of a rock and that looks really bad.

I think that was the most important stuff i could think of, please keep up the amazing work.

Edited by Shepard_Fury
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Maybe some day they will hear us.  NEED MOAR BOATS AND ACCESSORIES! 

Edited by DocHolliday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree, as I've said before there is such a huge leap in power and scale between the brig and the galleon, the frigate would make a lot of sense to fill that gap. Historically they had between 22 and 32 cannons and up to 3 decks, which sounds just about perfect. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not just boats or even sails, its the general lack of "clutter" too. Very little choice in building materials both on and off ship. You just cant make the interior of a ship look anything other than looking like an empty shell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should easily be able to add a brass monkey to ship cannons along with cannonballs on it.  Maybe a barrel or two of gunpowder, rammer, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so unenthusiastic about the next "mega" update.  Single player?  meh.  Seahorses?  another tame.  It just doesn't seem very mega.

Government systems would be nice.  More ships and better things to do with them.  Better components for building things, especially if they're scaled to humans rather than a T Rex.   I feel the tames are being tossed out a bit like fluff. Same with offering skins all the time.   But it's old fluff.  I like fluff as much as the next person, but let's have some new kinds of it.  Paints that work.  Fabric components for building.  Plants that can be placed.  Or rather than armor skins let's have some new , master crafted armor that actually looks good.  I'm wearing the ugliest fur coat I've ever seen in my life right now.

Discoveries would be more exciting if there was actually something there to discover.  Something funny, something worth some gold, something unique...not just a text roll with "A good way to sneak" written on it.  Hell, even geocaching prizes would be an improvement.

The ability to attach one item to a note would enable a worldwide enterprise - Atlas Mail - Let's go Postal (tm).

How about being able to build a dock where you can actually dock a ship?  (And not have it look like a cement runway.  I can provide real pictures of docks if needed)

Fixes to ongoing annoying bugs.

How about making the landlord destroy window a week like it should have been?  Can't wait to see people coming back from vacations and losing it over their island being turned into bed city.

 

And yes, ships.  More ships, real ships, better ships and better sailing.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

I am so unenthusiastic about the next "mega" update.  Single player?  meh.  Seahorses?  another tame.  It just doesn't seem very mega.

Government systems would be nice.  More ships and better things to do with them.  Better components for building things, especially if they're scaled to humans rather than a T Rex.   I feel the tames are being tossed out a bit like fluff. Same with offering skins all the time.   But it's old fluff.  I like fluff as much as the next person, but let's have some new kinds of it.  Paints that work.  Fabric components for building.  Plants that can be placed.  Or rather than armor skins let's have some new , master crafted armor that actually looks good.  I'm wearing the ugliest fur coat I've ever seen in my life right now.

Discoveries would be more exciting if there was actually something there to discover.  Something funny, something worth some gold, something unique...not just a text roll with "A good way to sneak" written on it.  Hell, even geocaching prizes would be an improvement.

The ability to attach one item to a note would enable a worldwide enterprise - Atlas Mail - Let's go Postal (tm).

How about being able to build a dock where you can actually dock a ship?  (And not have it look like a cement runway.  I can provide real pictures of docks if needed)

Fixes to ongoing annoying bugs.

How about making the landlord destroy window a week like it should have been?  Can't wait to see people coming back from vacations and losing it over their island being turned into bed city.

 

And yes, ships.  More ships, real ships, better ships and better sailing.

I think they call it a mega update because it just helps the Megas really. No actual balancing. Sure nerfing , but if you have noticed there hasn’t been one single nerf that actually affected Megas. Smh

Edited by Realist
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont understand why they keep bringing new Islands and new tames - NOBODY EVER ASKED FOR. And when we ask for fixes, the usuall answer is that the ppl that design the new stuff can only design and not bug fix. BUT it is those ppl that keep messing up as example islands. I would rather see these ppl work on the stuff everyone begs for since ages: new ships, more ship items, harbour-items and SEND THEM BACK TO REDO THE DAMN SPAWNS ON ISLANDS. Not a single Island of the new ones they brought with the last mega patch into the equatorial land is useful beside taming the tortuga. They have less ressources than the rest of the Islands on the servers. No metal-nodes, no berrys. No extra mats or antyhing. Just absolutly horrible to get around on a big tame. IT DOES NOT HELP ANYONE IF U KEEP BRINGING USELESS ISLANDS! Sometimes u see someone claim a useles Island (not only in equatorial) because they think: it's no big deal, we can make this work. Some days later the Island is free again.

Stop adding new Islands - and if for some reason u cant: at least do them right and don't mess up the spawns and shorelines.

Rework all islands in terms of spawns. To many are useless, some have broken spawns and some are extremly overpowerd (as example the L10-Island that has a diffrent Biom than the other Islands on the server, therefor creating an OP server with 3 diffrent kinds of gems and being able to craft legendary on the server).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2019 at 11:33 PM, KleinHaynes said:

♥  For 1453 hours, I have played this game in PvP. As we know, this game is a pirate game but after a new patch, again and again, It seems to me that devs tend to focus on updating new content mainly in new tamed and environment instead of ship updating. I would like to discuss about the new contents that I want to see.

Let's talk about design first. I would like to see the developers introduce new various ships to fulfil different purposes for players like Caravel for discovery, Indiaman for cargo, Privateer, Frigate, Ship of the line for battle and adding more sails as well. The ship's sails and ship appearance in this game are really annoying to me. Look at Brigantine for example. Most players often attach three speed sails on it and make the ship looks like the kind of weird. There's should have had sails like Spirit sail at the ship's bow and Spraker sail at the stern that can increase ship speed as the rest too. Not to mention the captain's cabin at the stern that is empty, no windows and no big company's flag.     

Next, we should be able to board the enemy ship and capture it in a short amount of time like 10 minutes when a ship is unanchored but we have to wait more than 8 hours to claim which is really suck. And some good news from the last patch, there's spear bolt which can pull enemy ship but a ship can still fire to each other. If a ship can't fire when spear bolt pulling it, that's mean the boading enemy ship will be easier and it's possible to capture it. 

And the last point is NPCs that can't do anything more than a mindless robot. It made the game lifeless. This game should categorize NPCs to many occupations such as crew NPCs for mounting canon and controlling sails, pirate NPCs that can board the enemy ship, etc. Moreover, at the Freeport there should be NPCs roaming around like a real port city and some of them can ask players for doing quests.  And it is going to be better if there're NPCs cargo ship sailing across between different Freeport or even NPCs pratol ship that can be plundered by players to get foreign materials. But for now, we have to bear with a boring long haul journey to get materials for the blueprint. 

I hope that this game can be better when it comes out from early access ♥

PS: Don't mind my English skill xD

Chesapeake.jpg

First, welcome to the boards.

Second, your english is unquestionably better than my command of whatever your native tongue might be, so no worries there. (If it happens to be French I could ask a waiter to bring me a shoe with cheese on it, but that's about it.)

Third and most important, your post is high quality feedback, exactly what this game and development team need to make it better, so thank you for taking the time and effort to write it out and share it with everyone. We look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

 

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the next ship is the airship.  Then maybe enough people will quit to get a change in leadership around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Realist said:

I think they call it a mega update because it just helps the Megas really. No actual balancing. Sure nerfing , but if you have noticed there hasn’t been one single nerf that actually affected Megas. Smh

Sure thing buddy. That int nerf sucks.

But heres a protip, this is a MMO.

Let me spell that out for ya:

Massively Multiplayer Online.

Cant wait for all the whining and bitching about how you cant do GROUP content in SINGLE player (without cheats).

 

None of the announced M3 patch (nothing "mega" about it) is aimed at "mega"comapanies

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see an airship,but it'd end up locked behind a mega boss that you have to fight with a rubber plant.But seriously I understand people who don't want it to go that far which is fair enough.For me its gone too far already  to be strictly called a pirate game anyhow,We all know blackbeard was famous for his giant crab mount.and captain kidds submarine the falcon was the scourge of the seven seas,and lets not forget rackhams torpedos,the talk of every port in the known sailing world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Damnit Chuck.  Do not encourage them.  I want to punch you right now. 

Your not alone 😁

But ever since teddy ruxbin, ive wanted one! I just needed GS to remind me about it.

I can understand if its to out of theme for a pirate MMORPG, and I certainly agree. 

But like the other dude said, theve kinda shit all over the original concept. The actual concept, as much as it pisses me off, is "Zoo Keeper" at this point in time.

Or one could argue its the longest form of a battle royal. Wipe everyone else untill they quit. Last company remaining gets to choose 5 companys to start the next season with.

Neo, you chineese bastard....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gindorf said:

Sure thing buddy. That int nerf sucks.

But heres a protip, this is a MMO.

Let me spell that out for ya:

Massively Multiplayer Online.

Cant wait for all the whining and bitching about how you cant do GROUP content in SINGLE player (without cheats).

 

None of the announced M3 patch (nothing "mega" about it) is aimed at "mega"comapanies

Yeah the only thing mmo means is a lot of people on a map lol.

if you think that means you need to go up up you obviously don’t know what an mmo is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×