Sign in to follow this  
Ebato Tenshi

thank you for officially breaking the game

2 minutes ago, zottel said:

Maybe there is just no Gamma available in California. But there will be a hotfix soon so Dont worry ^^

Oh I wish there was gamma in California. I would pay for it if I needed too lol

I too find this quite un fun. What are all these awesome classes for if you cant fight the army of the damned.

I attempted 6 treasure maps yesterday and came out empty handed. (Ok so I forgot my shovel for one of them shut up lol).

I first classed into hand to hand combat because it seemed quite awesome. But I cant leave a scratch on most things I fight, so I respect. the last one I attempted was for 1780 gold.

I unlocked both armor & two handed weapon mastery and went in with full plate armor and mace, and I jacked my health to 170. 

I tried to fight A lvl 79 Warrior of the dammed( 5 of them spawned by the way with one soldier). I only got his health a quarter of the way down before I took a dirt nap.....And hear I thought by biggest problem would be running out of stamina. 

If tames are the only way to win then this is quite upsetting news, the fighting classes have no purpose for me and I had found them so enticing. And this 5000 bs to build a boat sucks too last time I played I couldn't beat the army of the dammed either but at least I enjoyed the rest of the game..

Anyways I do pay for my own servers and if need be I guess ill have to tweak the settings so I can win but that feels cheap to do I had left the settings all standard. does anyone know what setting would be most balanced?

On 5/8/2021 at 10:26 PM, Incognito8P said:

I too find this quite un fun. What are all these awesome classes for if you cant fight the army of the damned.

I attempted 6 treasure maps yesterday and came out empty handed. (Ok so I forgot my shovel for one of them shut up lol).

I first classed into hand to hand combat because it seemed quite awesome. But I cant leave a scratch on most things I fight, so I respect. the last one I attempted was for 1780 gold.

I unlocked both armor & two handed weapon mastery and went in with full plate armor and mace, and I jacked my health to 170. 

I tried to fight A lvl 79 Warrior of the dammed( 5 of them spawned by the way with one soldier). I only got his health a quarter of the way down before I took a dirt nap.....And hear I thought by biggest problem would be running out of stamina. 

If tames are the only way to win then this is quite upsetting news, the fighting classes have no purpose for me and I had found them so enticing. And this 5000 bs to build a boat sucks too last time I played I couldn't beat the army of the dammed either but at least I enjoyed the rest of the game..

Anyways I do pay for my own servers and if need be I guess ill have to tweak the settings so I can win but that feels cheap to do I had left the settings all standard. does anyone know what setting would be most balanced?

You can skill yourself in the piratry skill tree to do more damage vs AotD... but it's hilarious to try a 1700 gold map without tames. I would say you have a chance vs 300-500 gold when you are around level 40-50 maybe. I would suggest to have a monkey for healing buff. And yes, stamina is the most importand to hit and avoid the mace soldiers. I would recommend to use a pike to stun enemy with attack 3 but mace should also work.

Well I was level 30 or so at the time. Interesting findings today though. I just logged out for the day and I was having an interesting time trying to get a different $1700 quest. 

I have a bear and my bear is completely wrecking the warriors but before I can kill them they go in the ground and com back with full health. I didn't leave the area the bear wasn't even giving them a chance. Anyway's I it just repeated this way and I had to give up with the bear.

My guy is strong enough now that I was able to kill them all 2v1 being 4 of them. But it took so long that they immediately responded so I went back to my ship and logged out. 

Not sure how to get this done.. I know that I don't want to keep fighting for chump change much longer. I'm almost level 60 and I could probably win if I go make some journeyman plate and a journeyman mace. But ill just as easily use the bear if I could get them to stick around long enough to die.

Do you know what the issue is?

Yes, the habit of the zombies going back underground is annoying, especially because they return with full health.  I have put a lot into the melee damage in my bears (being careful not to neglect the health too).  Higher melee means they hit harder, and so do not take so many swipes of their paws to take the zombies down.  One thing I have noticed is that swiping with the paws, though higher damage, is slower than biting.  So if I have a zombie down to low health and he makes that groaning noise, indicating he is about to go underground, I get the bear to start biting rather than paw swiping.  Doesn't always work, but often has done.

I was only able to hand-to-hand combat the zombies when I was tackling low level common maps.  Anything above common, I use a bear.  If I am attempting anything above Journeyman  I take 2 to 3 bears.  Not tried a mythical one yet.

Edited by Myrm