Sign in to follow this  
Ebato Tenshi

thank you for officially breaking the game

4 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Of course we're talking about my opinion.. everything I say here.. is my opinion, as everything you say is yours.

My opinion.. is you're cheating if you alter the gamma.  And I laugh at you for doing so. Don't like my opinion? Not my problem.

It's actually hilarious.. that it probably doesn't even occur to you.. that you're also.. "since arbitrary imposition of your belief on others is something we frown upon in free societies." doing this.  I am not forcing my opinion on anyone.. I am giving you my opinion, as you give me yours.  We argue out our reasons for having our opinions in an effort to convince people of them.  To change theirs.. I know for a fact, that there are people who completely agree with my stance on cheating and exploitation.  And that there are people like you.. who seem simply, incapable.  And who draw every possible objection to anything you think.. as some racist, islamaphobic, homophobic, xenophobic, nazi.. because we too.. have opinions.

The difference between my opinion and yours is that my position is based upon the game’s official rules. Yours is based only on your own feeling of what you consider fair. In the same way that LeBron James does not get to call fouls on opposing players, you and I as players are not the arbiters of what constitutes cheating. Since cheating is by definition a violation of rules, the party that sets the rules is the one that determines cheating, in this case GrapeCard.

I would suggest that if you were to substitute the word unfair for cheating, you would find I would take no issue with the statements you’ve made because you’re entirely free to declare something unfair in your own opinion, but neither you nor I have the authority to declare anything cheating in Atlas beyond what Wildshot has defined.

14 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Er what? You're actually arguing.. that because the game comes with the ability to change the gamma setting.. it isn't cheating to use that setting to bypass the ingame darkness/basic play mode? Seriously.. You might as well argue that running people over in a car is totally acceptable.. because people aren't supposed to walk on roads. And cars do come with engines and tyres.. so you can use them, to run them over.. because.

Your monitor has a contrast/brightness setting, because different movies, videos, games some different settings and you can adjust the view to your liking.. but they aren't there so you can make nighttime into daytime because that makes your life easier.  That is cheating. Simple as.

I dont really like it either but its in the game for us to use and its up to us if we want to use it or not. Yes its borderline cheaty but the rules are usually made by the majority and most players dont like nighttime in games sadly, at least that is what you hear most about. (Ark and to a degree Atlas are a lot more enjoyable with standard night visibility as fear of the dark is a powerfull tool. But with how grindy both are most player opt for total safety sooner or later cause the have done it a billion times allready.)

Your example is poorly chosen because running over people is not a built in intended function of a car, while the gamma option is, otherwise it wouldn't be in the options menu. If you really want to go for a car example its more like one of those assistant systems that may help you drive the car but you dont really need them and can turn them off if you want.

9 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

The difference between my opinion and yours is that my position is based upon the game’s official rules. Yours is based only on your own feeling of what you consider fair. In the same way that LeBron James does not get to call fouls on opposing players, you and I as players are not the arbiters of what constitutes cheating. Since cheating is by definition a violation of rules, the party that sets the rules is the one that determines cheating, in this case GrapeCard.

I would suggest that if you were to substitute the word unfair for cheating, you would find I would take no issue with the statements you’ve made because you’re entirely free to declare something unfair in your own opinion, but neither you nor I have the authority to declare anything cheating in Atlas beyond what Wildshot has defined.

No, your opinion, is based upon your viewpoint of how you think the game rules apply.  What you're actually saying here, is you think, you only have an opinon and that anyone else.. isn't allowed one.  And if they give an objecting opinion.. then you get to call them names, because you're right, they're always wrong.  Because to you "is that my position is based upon the game’s official rules."

You are right tho.. my opinion is based on my viewpoint.

And the official rules in my view, do not allow exploitation of menu options.  That is your opinion of them that is making this argument.  And you're trying to convince people that because the "official rules say so" that you're right.  But the rules don't actually say so.. so

On the one hand you're saying Because they don't specifically state it's not okay, it's okay.  That isn't how the world rolls..

As for omission of rights.. I decide what my rights are.  Not you or anyone else.  As you decide what yours are.  Again.. you're suggesting that only you are allowed any opinion.  And yes.. unfair/cheating.  Same meaning.  So not playing a game the way it was intended.. is unfair.. it is cheating.  You're a cheat if you cheat.  Doesn't matter how you phrase it.

Edited by Martyn
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Gorrir said:

I dont really like it either but its in the game for us to use and its up to us if we want to use it or not. Yes its borderline cheaty but the rules are usually made by the majority and most players dont like nighttime in games sadly, at least that is what you hear most about. (Ark and to a degree Atlas are a lot more enjoyable with standard night visibility as fear of the dark is a powerfull tool. But with how grindy both are most player opt for total safety sooner or later cause the have done it a billion times allready.)

Your example is poorly chosen because running over people is not a built in intended function of a car, while the gamma option is, otherwise it wouldn't be in the options menu. If you really want to go for a car example its more like one of those assistant systems that may help you drive the car but you dont really need them and can turn them off if you want.

No, you're saying.. that running people over is fine.  Because it "can be used that way".  It really is what your opinion, in my opinion means. The developers have not said officially, "hey if you can't see in the dark, please just ignore the game content we added like the torchs or the lantern.. just turn up the gamma".

And because they didn't.. you're saying it's okay.

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I've never seen one.. or a legendary for that matter, so I can't really comment on those.

I wonder if the developers actually know that 99% of their playerbase.. no longer plays atlas.  Or if they think there's still 40k people logging into the servers everyday.

Have you ever seen a little kid that is scared so they cover their eyes but then slowly move one finger open so they can see through the little crack between their fingers?

i think that is how they look at the numbers 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Martyn said:

No, you're saying.. that running people over is fine.  Because it "can be used that way".  It really is what your opinion, in my opinion means. The developers have not said officially, "hey if you can't see in the dark, please just ignore the game content we added like the torchs or the lantern.. just turn up the gamma".

And because they didn't.. you're saying it's okay.

I think you'll find those options in the "options menu", the clue is in the name.

I belive Grapeshot made that "options menu" so I think it's safe to say Grapeshot is giving you the option to change those settings.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Martyn said:

No, your opinion, is based upon your viewpoint of how you think the game rules apply.  What you're actually saying here, is you think, you only have an opinon and that anyone else.. isn't allowed one.  And if they give an objecting opinion.. then you get to call them names, because you're right, they're always wrong.  Because to you "is that my position is based upon the game’s official rules."

You are right tho.. my opinion is based on my viewpoint.

And the official rules in my view, do not allow exploitation of menu options.  That is your opinion of them that is making this argument.  And you're trying to convince people that because the "official rules say so" that you're right.  But the rules don't actually say so.. so

On the one hand you're saying Because they don't specifically state it's not okay, it's okay.  That isn't how the world rolls..

As I said in my first post, please cite for me the passage in the Terms of Service or Code of Conduct that support your position that changing of gamma is cheating. The widely held default assumption in gaming is if you can do it in the game, it’s fine unless developers or gm’s declare it otherwise. Given that changing gamma is actually explicitly included in the options setting, common sense would suggest the devs consider it allowable unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Further, you state that I’m of the position other people don’t get to have an opinion when this directly contradicted by my own statements “ you are of course free to your own opinion.” so this statement is not supported by the facts. You also have decided to imply that I insult those I disagree with and employ name calling. This is also not supported by the facts as those familiar with my posting history are aware.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

As I said in my first post, please cite for me the passage in the Terms of Service or Code of Conduct that support your position that changing of gamma is cheating. The widely held default assumption in gaming is if you can do it in the game, it’s fine unless developers or gm’s declare it otherwise. Given that changing gamma is actually explicitly included in the options setting, common sense would suggest the devs consider it allowable unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Further, you state that I’m of the position other people don’t get to have an opinion when this directly contradicted by my own statements “ you are of course free to your own opinion.” so this statement is not supported by the facts. You also have decided to imply that I insult those I disagree with and employ name calling. This is also not supported by the facts as those familiar with my posting history are aware.

I already have.  The omission of such a statement, does not make it fact.  Please learn to comprehend what I've written, before you restate what you've already stated.  We're starting to go in circles now.

My previous quotes of what you've said proves my point.  So trying to retract what you've already said as what you didn't say.. doesn't really matter.

Edited by Martyn
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

I belive Grapeshot made that "options menu" so I think it's safe to say Grapeshot is giving you the option to change those settings.

See this is where our opinions differ.. I don't think they intended people to use those options, to bypass the difficulty of seeing at night in the game.  I think they intended only to offer those options, as optional components to allow you to play the game as it was originally intended.  ie To use Torchs and Lanterns, content "in" the game, added, to allow you to see in the dark.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I already have.  The omission of such a statement, does not make it fact.  Please learn to comprehend what I've written, before you restate what you've already stated.  We're starting to go in circles now.

My previous quotes of what you've said proves my point.  So trying to retract what you've already said as what you didn't say.. doesn't really matter.

The reason we keep going in circles is because you claim your position is based on your reading of the rules. I’ve asked you thrice now to reference the specific passage which supports the notion that changing gamma is cheating. You’ve just said you’ve already done so, yet I just reviewed every post you’ve made to the thread and Insee no such citation of a specific passage. If I missed it, please repost it, otherwise my statements speak for themselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

The reason we keep going in circles is because you claim your position is based on your reading of the rules. I’ve asked you thrice now to reference the specific passage which supports the notion that changing gamma is cheating. You’ve just said you’ve already done so, yet I just reviewed every post you’ve made to the thread and Insee no such citation of a specific passage. If I missed it, please repost it, otherwise my statements speak for themselves.

We are edging closer and closer to that ignore function, if you continue to insult me, it will be so.

As I am repeatedly said.. and will thrice now restate.. that the omission of such a statement, is not a statement in itself.

Your entire argument is moot. It doesn't matter what the devs think cheating is.. it matters what the players think, as they're the ones being cheated.

Do you comprehend what I am saying?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Martyn said:

We are edging closer and closer to that ignore function, if you continue to insult me, it will be so.

As I am repeatedly said.. and will thrice now restate.. that the omission of such a statement, is not a statement in itself.

Your entire argument is moot. It doesn't matter what the devs think cheating is.. it matters what the players think, as they're the ones being cheated.

Do you comprehend what I am saying?

How exactly have I insulted you?

By not agreeing with you?

Ignore all you want, but the basis of our disagreement is me asking you to cite the portion of the official rules which supports your position, you refusing to do so while talking in circles in a manner which ignores this simple central request to support your argument, and then declaring that the devs don’t get to define cheating in their own game, the players do.

Okay.

Whatever.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Martyn said:

No one has asserted that it is, but what I am asserting is that if it is not specifically forbidden it is not cheating. The problem with what you are suggesting is the notion the players get to determine what is cheating. Sorry but I disagree. Lebron James does not get to alter or interpret the rules of basketball, nor does the NBA players association as a group.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

No one has asserted that it is, but what I am asserting is that if it is not specifically forbidden it is not cheating. The problem with what you are suggesting is the notion the players get to determine what is cheating. Sorry but I disagree. Lebron James does not get to alter or interpret the rules of basketball, nor does the NBA players association as a group.

I have no idea who Lebron is.. nor care.

Nor do I watch people bouncing a ball around.. unless I want to fall asleep.

We all.. decide the rules.  The trick is to try to limit the rules we make.  I decide if I think you're cheating.. you don't need to prove you're not.. but if you feel you are not, you can argue your reasoning.  In this case your argument is: The devs haven't said it isn't. Therefore, it is ok to use gamma.

That does not equate to the devs saying it is or isn't okay.  It doesn't matter if the rules say it is or isn't.  It's called common sense.  Something either is or isn't right or wrong.  You don't need other people to tell you what is or isn't right or wrong.  You know it yourself.

Using gamma to bypass ingame environment to make life easier for yourself.  Is Cheating.  There is NO argument. 

Edited by Martyn
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Wait, there is an arguement going on about Gamma? Wtf, y'all.  You can hotkey gamma settings, btw. 

It's not cheating the game. I don't use it much for 2 reasons, I like the immersion and, since I started using HDR on my tv for the game, I don't really need to use it. 😉  Only time I use it now is sailing when it's the darkest.

5 minutes ago, Martyn said:

We all.. decide the rules.  The trick is to try to limit the rules we make.  I decide if I think you're cheating.. you don't need to prove you're not.. but if you feel you are not, you can argue your reasoning.  In this case your argument is: The devs haven't said it isn't. Therefore, it is ok to use gamma.

That does not equate to the devs saying it is or isn't okay.  It doesn't matter if the rules say it is or isn't.  It's called common sense.  Something either is or isn't right or wrong.  You don't need other people to tell you what is or isn't right or wrong.  You know it yourself.

Using gamma to bypass ingame environment to make life easier for yourself.  Is Cheating.  There is NO argument. 

A) You’re making a false equivalency argument by equating cheating to morality. Cheating is not inherently a question of morality as illustrated by the question of penalties in sports. You may not be a sports fan, but doubtless you are aware that sports exist and that they have rules and sometimes in the course of play players commit infractions. These infractions are not “wrong” in a moral sense any more than changing your gamma in a game that makes it an options setting is.

B) You’re declaring things to be common sense from a moral perspective but even morality isn’t a matter of common sense but belief that is personal. Witness the legions of people who hold strongly differing moral beliefs on any number of issues like abortion, euthanasia, capital punishment or bbq sauce. If morality were merely a matter of common sense, then nearly everyone would agree on these things but they don’t.

C) You are entirely free to believe that changing gamma in a game is cheating, or even that to do so is morally wrong. I would argue that your understanding of cheating vs unfair leaves something to be desired in this instance but that’s my own opinion. What you can’t do is enforce your belief on others and I can prove it.

I’ve just changed the gamma in my settings.

Ban me.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Martyn said:

Don’t take this as arguing man because I am not arguing, more of a funny story.

even though it isn’t really funny I was the benefactor of two of the biggest exploits in ark. “Infinity meat” and “god tames”. Was it cheating? Hell yeah it was. Did anyone get banned? No. The reason for this was it was because wildcard employees manifested them into the game. 

Everything gets broken down into a technicality and I am a full believer of the devs not giving an ultimate say so on what is cheating or not. I don’t care if it is their game or not. If an employee of the company generates something it is therefore fair game. If it is removed later then it becomes cheating but just because it was removed doesn’t mean it was cheating beforehand because a developer made it right? Wrong. The devs should never be the “ultimate” say so on what is cheating because they are human just like we are. Even though they themselves brought forth the exploit in the first place.

you wouldn’t believe how easy it was to water tame mass gigas with 50 feeding troughs of infinity meat. Made my 8 hours of sleep feel really good.

the main point I am trying to make it that back in the early days cheating was almost unheard of. Nowadays it isn’t only common but it has become the norm. This company can’t stop it and the next won’t be able to either. Cheating is here to stay. This is the future of gaming

Edited by Realist

15 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

A) You’re making a false equivalency argument by equating cheating to morality. Cheating is not inherently a question of morality as illustrated by the question of penalties in sports. You may not be a sports fan, but doubtless you are aware that sports exist and that they have rules and sometimes in the course of play players commit infractions. These infractions are not “wrong” in a moral sense any more than changing your gamma in a game that makes it an options setting is.

B) You’re declaring things to be common sense from a moral perspective but even morality isn’t a matter of common sense but belief that is personal. Witness the legions of people who hold strongly differing moral beliefs on any number of issues like abortion, euthanasia, capital punishment or bbq sauce. If morality were merely a matter of common sense, then nearly everyone would agree on these things but they don’t.

C) You are entirely free to believe that changing gamma in a game is cheating, or even that to do so is morally wrong. I would argue that your understanding of cheating vs unfair leaves something to be desired in this instance but that’s my own opinion. What you can’t do is enforce your belief on others and I can prove it.

I’ve just changed the gamma in my settings.

Ban me.

I don't care if you cheat. You're only ultimately cheating yourself, by cheating. 

I only use gamma, ie to cheat, when absolutely necessary, ie if i'm stuck in a cave or underwater in a wreck or some similar game breaking reason.

You cheat, all the time, when it gets dark, because you won't make a torch or a lantern..

Bit of a difference.  But as I said.. I find it funny that you actually believe you aren't cheating.  That's really the end all of this conversation. 

Trying to dress up your argument and reasoning, doesn't escape the fact.. that you are.

Ps If the rules stated every single thing you could or couldn't do.. you'd spend more time reading them than you ever did cheating in atlas.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Realist said:

Don’t take this as arguing man because I am not arguing, more of a funny story.

even though it isn’t really funny I was the benefactor of two of the biggest exploits in ark. “Infinity meat” and “god tames”. Was it cheating? Hell yeah it was. Did anyone get banned? No. The reason for this was it was because wildcard employees manifested them into the game. 

Everything gets broken down into a technicality and I am a full believer of the devs not giving an ultimate say so on what is cheating or not. I don’t care if it is their game or not. If an employee of the company generates something it is therefore fair game. If it is removed later then it becomes cheating but just because it was removed doesn’t mean it was cheating beforehand because a developer made it right? Wrong. The devs should never be the “ultimate” say so on what is cheating because they are human just like we are. Even though they themselves brought forth the exploit in the first place.

you wouldn’t believe how easy it was to water tame mass gigas with 50 feeding troughs of infinity meat. Made my 8 hours of sleep feel really good.

the main point I am trying to make it that back in the early days cheating was almost unheard of. Nowadays it isn’t only common but it has become the norm. This company can’t stop it and the next won’t be able to either. Cheating is here to stay. This is the future of gaming

I totally get what you're saying.

But this is a condition of life.. and the worst/funny part of it, is if you turn the tables against yourself.. you won't be laughing.  ie If you were the dev and people treated you, like you think you have the right to treat them.  You'd be looking for revenge.. or nerfing them.. or something.. punching the wall..

A game is designed to be entertaining.  Now you can play 500 hours playing a game the way it was meant to be played, the way it was designed and if you find exploits you report them, move on, work around them.  But you don't use them, because you know they aren't intended.  Just because a patch breaks the game, doesn't mean the new loophole added is not cheating.  A dev making a mistake in decision making does not give you the right to exploit that mistake.  Because it always comes back to how the game is intended to be played.  Or.. you can cheat.. or mod the game, change the basic idea of how it was meant to be played.. you aren't playing atlas anymore, you're playing cheatlas..where anything goes.  Aimbots.. macros.. alts.. twinking.. ddosing etc.. it's all the same ultimately.

Gamma is there you assist you in playing the game in the way it is intended to be played.  It is not there to allow you to see in the dark.

Why even have day/night cycle, if people are just going to turn up their brightness? It's completely pointless coding it or designing around it.  Therefore, it's been added with purpose and it isn't supposed to be circumvented by using a menu option not given for that purpose to which cheaters are utilising it.

If you are having problems seeing in the dark.. make a torch or a lantern.  Turning up gamma, brightness, contrast or typing a gamma command into the console.. is not playing the game as it is clearly intended.

It's like arguing that if you find $100 on the pavement, finders keepers.. no, actually, that's called stealing.

You know the truth.. all you need to do is admit to it.  And not do bad things.  If you can't be honest with yourself.. how on earth do you expect others to believe you're being honest with them.  It underpins everything we do and say, if you think cheating is ok.. it means you're essentially a dishonest person and people when they find out, will shun you.  Unless they're like you.. maybe they'll ignore your dishonesty. I have no idea.. I don't treat those people with anything less than they deserve.

Edited by Martyn
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

I don't care if you cheat. You're only ultimately cheating yourself, by cheating. 

I only use gamma, ie to cheat, when absolutely necessary, ie if i'm stuck in a cave or underwater in a wreck or some similar game breaking reason.

You cheat, all the time, when it gets dark, because you won't make a torch or a lantern..

Bit of a difference.  But as I said.. I find it funny that you actually believe you aren't cheating.  That's really the end all of this conversation. 

Trying to dress up your argument and reasoning, doesn't escape the fact.. that you are.

Ps If the rules stated every single thing you could or couldn't do.. you'd spend more time reading them than you ever did cheating in atlas.

1. You're making assumptions about things you do not know. I didn't argue this position because I make a habit of changing my gamma. In point of fact, the only time I've ever changed it was yesterday, to illustrate the point. I argued the position not because it's something I do, but because your position isn't supportable by facts or reason, and I wanted to make that clear. Your posts in this discussion have helped make that abundantly clear.

2. If I were changing my gamma, I would do so with a perfectly clear conscience that would give not a moment's notice to the moral high horse you've put yourself upon, for a very simple reason. The fact that the devs, given the choice to include or not include the ability to alter the gamma, chose to give the players the ability to do so tells me all I need to know about whether they consider it acceptable. When this plain and obvious fact has been pointed out to you by other posters, you have answered only with the most absurd and unconvincing argument about player's ability to alter the gamma on their screens anyway. Please don't tell me you actually believe anyone besides yourself buys this half baked rationalization.

3. As far as what the rules do or don't explicitly state, that's exactly the reason why players should and do assume that if it's not clearly prohibited it's acceptable.  Your entire understanding of the term cheating has repeatedly been demonstrated to be flawed in this discussion because you conflate a violation of rules, which yes, need to be explicitly stated and clear so that all who are playing can equally understand them, with moral notions of right and wrong.  

4. You've conjured this premise out of thin air that the developers, as the creators of the game and enforcer of it's rules (remember why you couldn't ban me yesterday), don't actually decide what is cheating, the players do. I find this notion bizarre and disconnected from reality. Have fun sitting on your high horse declaring the rest of us cheaters, I doubt anyone is paying you any mind because you've had absolutely every chance to make your case in this discussion and I'd be shocked if anyone with half a brain finds anything you've said here convincing.

5. The rules don't need to state everything you can or can't do, they just state what you can't do, that's how rules work, and that's why they are of perfectly readable length. I read them six months ago when I started playing Atlas and I don't recall seeing anything which came remotely close to supporting your position. That's why I asked you to cite the passage you felt supported it, something you've failed completely to do and have instead offered a half baked rationalization instead.

At the end of the day, let's be clear what your position is:

You're looking down your nose morally at people who use a setting provided by the devs in the options, a word which should clue you in as to their feelings about it's use, to make their gameplay easier.

Really?

• Like 1

Is it cheating to set the graphics quality settings to a level my hardware can support?

because, you know, i'd have to use the options menu in order to do so, and it is not explicitly written anywhere that is is allowed to do so.

TLDR:

SOMEBODY is full of it.

*cough*martyn*cough*

Turning Gamma up to See better is definitly cheating. Also Turning mesh down is cheating. On PvP Server it is also forbidden to usw the Color Black on ships,as you cant See Which Parts of the enemys ship is damaged the most. But ya all will get banned for sure,as they banned 40k player who abused lanterns And torches to See in the dark or why do you think player base is dropping in numbers? Worst People Are the ones who exploit ships to Sail to Other Islands or use the Chat to communicate. Also Heard if People Who use the eyepatch Skin but irl Dont cover their eye which truly is an exploit if you ask me.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Martyn said:

I totally get what you're saying.

But this is a condition of life.. and the worst/funny part of it, is if you turn the tables against yourself.. you won't be laughing.  ie If you were the dev and people treated you, like you think you have the right to treat them.  You'd be looking for revenge.. or nerfing them.. or something.. punching the wall..

A game is designed to be entertaining.  Now you can play 500 hours playing a game the way it was meant to be played, the way it was designed and if you find exploits you report them, move on, work around them.  But you don't use them, because you know they aren't intended.  Just because a patch breaks the game, doesn't mean the new loophole added is not cheating.  A dev making a mistake in decision making does not give you the right to exploit that mistake.  Because it always comes back to how the game is intended to be played.  Or.. you can cheat.. or mod the game, change the basic idea of how it was meant to be played.. you aren't playing atlas anymore, you're playing cheatlas..where anything goes.  Aimbots.. macros.. alts.. twinking.. ddosing etc.. it's all the same ultimately.

Gamma is there you assist you in playing the game in the way it is intended to be played.  It is not there to allow you to see in the dark.

Why even have day/night cycle, if people are just going to turn up their brightness? It's completely pointless coding it or designing around it.  Therefore, it's been added with purpose and it isn't supposed to be circumvented by using a menu option not given for that purpose to which cheaters are utilising it.

If you are having problems seeing in the dark.. make a torch or a lantern.  Turning up gamma, brightness, contrast or typing a gamma command into the console.. is not playing the game as it is clearly intended.

It's like arguing that if you find $100 on the pavement, finders keepers.. no, actually, that's called stealing.

You know the truth.. all you need to do is admit to it.  And not do bad things.  If you can't be honest with yourself.. how on earth do you expect others to believe you're being honest with them.  It underpins everything we do and say, if you think cheating is ok.. it means you're essentially a dishonest person and people when they find out, will shun you.  Unless they're like you.. maybe they'll ignore your dishonesty. I have no idea.. I don't treat those people with anything less than they deserve.

I get you. I think the main problem is their whole concept of night in the first place.

i live in California which has a lot of smog so at night you don’t see that many stars. Because of this is can get pitch black if you are in the middle of nowhere with no street lights or other lights around.

Now, I grew up spending my summers in Idaho. At night you could see thousands of stars. The stars and moon made it so bright that I was easily able to walk through the forest without a flashlight.

this might seem like I am rambling but my point is that since this is set back in the pirate days I am pretty sure there is no smog yet so regardless of it being night you should still be able to see your surroundings.

i don’t like messing with the gamma either but if you are going to make me play pirate in California I am going to adjust the gamma. Hopefully that made sense lol

Edited by Realist

9 minutes ago, Realist said:

I get you. I think the main problem is their whole concept of night in the first place.

i live in California which has a lot of smog so at night you don’t see that many stars. Because of this is can get pitch black if you are in the middle of nowhere with no street lights or other lights around.

Now, I grew up spending my summers in Idaho. At night you could see thousands of stars. The stars and moon made it so bright that I was easily able to walk through the forest without a flashlight.

this might seem like I am rambling but my point is that since this is set back in the pirate days I am pretty sure there is no smog yet so regardless of it being night you should still be able to see your surroundings.

i don’t like messing with the gamma either but if you are going to make me play pirate in California I am going to adjust the gamma. Hopefully that made sense lol

Maybe there is just no Gamma available in California. But there will be a hotfix soon so Dont worry ^^