Sign in to follow this  
Ebato Tenshi

thank you for officially breaking the game

Or buy a 200% md Bear like all working people out there without the time to breed them themselves.

Anyways, this thread is totally unhelpful at all. In my eyes it's just a whine-thread, because you can't lvl up your ship by mass-killing aods at the golden age islands.

^

Not realy,

The problem was XP gained with mounted weapons from AotD

But instead of fixing XP gained with mounted weapons from AotD

They make it so mounted weapons can't damage AotD. (and a lot of other stuff too)

Anyone can see thats just plain dumb.

Edited by Jack Shandy

Guys, they buffed swords. Just clear that masterwork map spawn with swords! /s

These guys have no idea how their game actually plays or handles.

GA islands are cancer to even do powerstones or FoY.

What pve experience is anyone actually getting out of this game? And I'm sure some people tried to play it "right"and cleared the spawn.

Hey, guess what. A pile of nakeds just did it faster and easier.

But instead of fixing this garbage, absolute trash, steaming heaping pile of feces, they remove swivels effectiveness on undead. Why not just swivels on boats? Why can't you slow cart swivels?

Anyways, using a bear swipe easily clears any possible undead spawn size anyways. Having trouble? Use 2 bears.

Need gold? Bring bears to GA and farm undead for 30k+ gold per hour SOLO. Imagine organized groups doing it?

1 patch effectively removed all value of gold... 

Holy sh!t these devs...

ALL WE WANTED WAS TO PAY/FEED FOR CREW ACROSS THE WHOLE ISLAND WITH A TAVERN ITEM

No mention of that coming though. So they can continue burning out players who will get wrapped up in other games and never look back. 

22 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Its not game breaking.

This change was done to prevent people from parking boats at Power Stone islands and dragging AoD to their ships where swivels would tear them up.  People in a single day could level their ships up to 52.  This is no more.  Large companies and alliances were dominating the Golden Age Ruins to do this and hunt for high level SoTD.  The easy leveling was taken away so this is less of a focus.  This should please smaller companies as there is less traffic in these zones now. 

yeah now u just sail around the island and shoot all the animals and medusas great fix much wow

5 hours ago, zeroenergy said:

Solution : Crab

I do treasure maps for our company and i´ve never had a single problem to do any kind of trasure map no matter the quality and most importantly no matter where exactly it is.Trasure maps on cliffs or mountains ? EASY with crab. Once AotD spawns just use double damage and smah with both left and right mouse click, even with shitty crab you do 100+dmg.

doing trasure maps with bear and mounted cannon... that honestly made my day

Yeah great idea, block content for average players behind a tame you need a submarine to get. Because all the beach Bob's have access to submarines and have all power stones and killed the kraken. Of course, everyone do that in week one after they finish their huts, tame a crab to do a freaking mw map.

Whats the next "mega downgrade" for the weekend? stone buildings are locked until you clear the ice dungeon. Or something like tier 2 tames do 0 damage to AoD. Maybe AoD only receive damage from "INSERT LATEST TAME HERE" that no one asked for.

Edited by Emanuel a
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ducimus said:

yeah now u just sail around the island and shoot all the animals and medusas great fix much wow

My issue is using the words game breaking.  Its not.  Game breaking means the game cannot be played.  The game crashes non-stop.  Boats don't sail.  XP does not work.  Tames/tools cannot farm.  That is game breaking.  Taking one avenue away when there are others to do the same thing is NOT game breaking.  That is waaaahhhhh I like doing it that way and now I have to do it a different way. 

People complaining that it could have been done differently are absolutely correct.  It can be handled differently and there are some good measured responses to that.  Saying the game is ruined are just cry babies and get no sympathy from me.  Its not helpful and does not improve the game by throwing a tantrum about it. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 9:22 AM, Ebato Tenshi said:

well done grapeshot,

you officially broke the game, cannons don't work on army of the damned anymore, think about it, A massive cannon ball, a ball of steel fired right at the undead doesnt work...

but little baby pallets fired out of a blunderbuss does??

the bear cannon is now worthless in pve.

why not fix the treasure maps instead of nerfing the entire game, and effectively breaking it for a lot of players i assume... 

make the treasure maps give less xp or make the army of the damned harder, sommething like that.

but no you decided to make the cannons worthless against the army of the damned, this is the most stupidist thing in the entire history of game "fixes"

Nope game seemed to be fine before you wanted it to be easy mode well they nerfed it welcome to Beta

22 hours ago, Emanuel a said:

Let's kill them with melee weapons instead. Better idea, only fists will be able to hit them. Punching them to death!! Yeahh. Great idea, that would be the next patch note. Having to climb mountains or doing bugged maps with AoD inside buildings or mesh was stupid enough, now you completely remove options to do maps. For what? Megas again. Megas exploited swivels in golden age on pvp servers. Instead or preventing swivels on boats do damage or receive exp from AoD. Because you have incompetent programmers, you deny all damage except from tames, melee weapon and guns. It's that difficult to place an IF statement in the code for swivels in ships?. In the process of fixing it in the easy way, just changing the values for swivels to 0% against AoD, you killed your PVE players base and people who enjoyed doing maps on PVP. What make it difficult to make a map is sailing 15 grids for a mastercraft. Not the map itself. Now you kill the only thing I enjoyed about the game. No incentive of keep playing. 900 hours for nothing. Thank you for ruining the game for me. For the people who stay good luck.

Good luck trying to place a bear inside a building and getting out, with no granades.

PD: yesterday I was playing blackwake and I remembered what is good pvp fight with no bullshit 900 hp guys that tank tower puckles or suicide gallys with 300% resistance obliterating ships.

If a game is to easy people wont play it for to long....and get bored and quit due to no competiveness

On 6/24/2019 at 9:56 PM, Emanuel a said:

A normal bear alone can't do a mastercraft map dont lie.

Im a solo player with a wild level 30 bear that I levelled up I use it to solo mastercraft maps. If you want to say I'm lying go right ahead. I know that I have done this and continue to do this. 

I am not part of a mega. My character is lvl 59 and I have zero special gear. 

32 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

Im a solo player with a wild level 30 bear that I levelled up I use it to solo mastercraft maps. If you want to say I'm lying go right ahead. I know that I have done this and continue to do this. 

I am not part of a mega. My character is lvl 59 and I have zero special gear. 

This. We do ALL maps on tamed bears with no swivels. Maybe the guy that said he couldn't just got a crap stat roll on his?

My level 29 wild bear is now 82.  It has 1200hp, 1100 stam and 140 melee which is enough for masterwork maps.  I have a bred bear, but I save him for "special" occasions.  My wild tamed bears get to go for rides across the Atlas. 

• Like 1

There is no doubt that a wild tamed bear can do mw maps, I know as I've done one or two myself, but it is hard work, I had to pull the weaker ones away, and kill them first, then I had to wait for full stamina and to push the mace aod into a rock so I could pin them and kill them with the damage buff, which was slow going.   But to claim to do this regularly.. given the locations of most mw maps, given the probability of getting yourself killed mw maps are not easy and people should not be making these false reports that they are.

A skilled player can do them, there are plenty of skilled players in atlas.  But most are just avg joes and it is very unfair to expect people who do not buy bears who don't breed them or aren't in megas to be subjected to a nerfed game which makes their game insanely hard.

That said, it was also necessary for the devs to remove the exploitation of aod and maps by people who essentially cheat to play and play to cheat.  Unfortunately, these people are more prevalent in the game than people might expect.  Most people, myself included will use any exploit of the terrain and game mechanics to win.  We need to be limited in our exploits.  Personally, I try to only use majority exploits available to all, ie I won't use gamma exploit to see in the dark.. I won't use signs to block aod progress or spam aod traps with cannons. etc.  But others will and they are the ones to blame for the devs nerfing the game.  So shame on those of you who have caused this.

It will be nice to see armoured groups doing maps and killing aod again.  Like we did in the start, before we even discovered the regen of bears.

Edited by Martyn
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Martyn said:

There is no doubt that a wild tamed bear can do mw maps, I know as I've done one or two myself, but it is hard work, I had to pull the weaker ones away, and kill them first, then I had to wait for full stamina and to push the mace aod into a rock so I could pin them and kill them with the damage buff, which was slow going.   But to claim to do this regularly.. given the locations of most mw maps, given the probability of getting yourself killed mw maps are not easy and people should not be making these false reports that they are.

A skilled player can do them, there are plenty of skilled players in atlas.  But most are just avg joes and it is very unfair to expect people who do not buy bears who don't breed them or aren't in megas to be subjected to a nerfed game which makes their game insanely hard.

That said, it was also necessary for the devs to remove the exploitation of aod and maps by people who essentially cheat to play and play to cheat.  Unfortunately, these people are more prevalent in the game than people might expect.  Most people, myself included will use any exploit of the terrain and game mechanics to win.  We need to be limited in our exploits.  Personally, I try to only use majority exploits available to all, ie I won't use gamma exploit to see in the dark.. I won't use signs to block aod progress or spam aod traps with cannons. etc.  But others will and they are the ones to blame for the devs nerfing the game.  So shame on those of you who have caused this.

It will be nice to see armoured groups doing maps and killing aod again.  Like we did in the start, before we even discovered the regen of bears.

What about mythical chests?

I can't wait to read post of people stuck with bears in pits because they couldn't use anything else to kill the AoD. Or maybe throw yourself to a pit and kill them with the sword and kill yourself with punches after you are stuck floating in the air because of the mesh terrain. Having to use the songs again. This will be the new norm. Because devs aren't doing their job. Balancing is better than completely remove features.

By the way the accordion Is not working properly after the mega downgrade. Another nail in the coffin.

Edited by Emanuel a

8 hours ago, Martyn said:

Personally, I try to only use majority exploits available to all, ie I won't use gamma exploit to see in the dark..

You mean the "exploit" that has 2 configurable buttons in the options menu?

5 hours ago, Gorrir said:

You mean the "exploit" that has 2 configurable buttons in the options menu?

Using gamma to see in the dark is cheating.. but.. it's not really something that can be blocked.  Since you can also manually change the contrast/gamma on your monitor for the same effect.  In Ark it was kinda required because at night you couldnt see your hands.. but in atlas, most nights you can see clearly.. although the torchs are good the lanterns at night actually making seeing harder.. I understand why people resort to using gamma.. but it doesn't matter how you argue it, it's still and always will be, cheating.

Not playing the game by it's default rules.  Even using mods to improve your gameplay.. is all cheating.

But some cheats are within the realms of acceptable gameplay.. the others I laugh at mostly. But to deny it.. that is funny.

Edited by Martyn

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Using gamma to see in the dark is cheating.. but.. it's not really something that can be blocked.  Since you can also manually change the contrast/gamma on your monitor for the same effect.  In Ark it was kinda required because at night you couldnt see your hands.. but in atlas, most nights you can see clearly.. although the torchs are good the lanterns at night actually making seeing harder.. I understand why people resort to using gamma.. but it doesn't matter how you argue it, it's still and always will be, cheating.

Not playing the game by it's default rules.  Even using mods to improve your gameplay.. is all cheating.

But some cheats are within the realms of acceptable gameplay.. the others I laugh at mostly. But to deny it.. that is funny.

Its not really cheating when its an option for everyone and all you have to do is press tilda and type gamma 3. In pvp its a must and you are a serious disadvantage if you dont use that feature.

I would prefer if it was just dark for everyone with no gamma slider without 3rd party software which i would agree that it would be cheating in that case.

Dayz did it right in one of the recent patches where the higher your gamma goes by any means of increasing gamma will result in the game making your screen a green buggy mess. When its dark, its dark for eveyone and i love it.

Just my $0.02

And games are "intended" to be played at their highest graphic settings but with option to lower it if you dont have a good PC. By that logic are people that are turning graphics down to get stable frames cheating as well since lower graphics lets them see players much easier? 

When its an option coded into the game itself that lets you change it on a whim i would say thats within the "default" rule set.

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Please cite for me the passage of the game’s terms of service or code of conduct which forbids altering of gamma settings or could reasonably be construed as doing so. If not, then we aren’t talking about the developers definition of cheating, we are talking about yours. Since we’re not talking about your game, players can and should feel free to agree with or ignore your arbitrary declaration that such behavior is cheating at their own discretion, since arbitrary imposition of your belief on others is something we frown upon in free societies.

• Like 2

Logic 101.   Class is in session.  Please welcome Professor Boomer.

Edited by DocHolliday

To wrap this back around to the OP, from a "rules" perspective, it was not clear to me that using puckles, catapults, mortars, grapeshot, greek fire, explosive barrels, killpens, and murder holes on the undead was "against the rules" anymore than it would be in other multiplayer zombie games. It WAS clear that it was significantly more fun than bears and sticks.

Even after the patch that broke everything, I am still not convinced that it was anything more than a very sad unintentional casualty of a hasty and overzealous exploit reaction.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Martyn said:

It may be cheating in other games but its build in into Atlas (and ark aswell after the devs noticed people had a disadvantage if they didnt have it)

uiiJTTv.jpg

bottom right                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        /\

On 6/26/2019 at 2:06 AM, Realist said:

What about mythical chests?

I've never seen one.. or a legendary for that matter, so I can't really comment on those.

I wonder if the developers actually know that 99% of their playerbase.. no longer plays atlas.  Or if they think there's still 40k people logging into the servers everyday.

1 hour ago, Gorrir said:

It may be cheating in other games but its build in into Atlas (and ark aswell after the devs noticed people had a disadvantage if they didnt have it)

uiiJTTv.jpg

bottom right                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        /\

Er what? You're actually arguing.. that because the game comes with the ability to change the gamma setting.. it isn't cheating to use that setting to bypass the ingame darkness/basic play mode? Seriously.. You might as well argue that running people over in a car is totally acceptable.. because people aren't supposed to walk on roads. And cars do come with engines and tyres.. so you can use them, to run them over.. because.

Your monitor has a contrast/brightness setting, because different movies, videos, games some different settings and you can adjust the view to your liking.. but they aren't there so you can make nighttime into daytime because that makes your life easier.  That is cheating. Simple as.

Edited by Martyn
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2019 at 4:43 PM, Emanuel a said:

Yeah great idea, block content for average players behind a tame you need a submarine to get. Because all the beach Bob's have access to submarines and have all power stones and killed the kraken. Of course, everyone do that in week one after they finish their huts, tame a crab to do a freaking mw map.

Whats the next "mega downgrade" for the weekend? stone buildings are locked until you clear the ice dungeon. Or something like tier 2 tames do 0 damage to AoD. Maybe AoD only receive damage from "INSERT LATEST TAME HERE" that no one asked for.

Fully agree, of course you earn a shitstorm from all these mega company would-be half gods (who cry like chicken when facing a foe solo) but this is the truth, the full truth and nothing but the truth.

A nice pirate game concept is killed by streamer and mega company fans at devs side. Very sad.

This game can be saved the same way that saved ARK : Small company servers, 6 players max, no alliances, no Kraken & Ice Dungeon barriers for engrams and stuff.

19 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Please cite for me the passage of the game’s terms of service or code of conduct which forbids altering of gamma settings or could reasonably be construed as doing so. If not, then we aren’t talking about the developers definition of cheating, we are talking about yours. Since we’re not talking about your game, players can and should feel free to agree with or ignore your arbitrary declaration that such behavior is cheating at their own discretion, since arbitrary imposition of your belief on others is something we frown upon in free societies.

Of course we're talking about my opinion.. everything I say here.. is my opinion, as everything you say is yours.

My opinion.. is you're cheating if you alter the gamma.  And I laugh at you for doing so. Don't like my opinion? Not my problem.

It's actually hilarious.. that it probably doesn't even occur to you.. that you're also.. "since arbitrary imposition of your belief on others is something we frown upon in free societies." doing this.  I am not forcing my opinion on anyone.. I am giving you my opinion, as you give me yours.  We argue out our reasons for having our opinions in an effort to convince people of them.  To change theirs.. I know for a fact, that there are people who completely agree with my stance on cheating and exploitation.  And that there are people like you.. who seem simply, incapable.  And who draw every possible objection to anything you think.. as some racist, islamaphobic, homophobic, xenophobic, nazi.. because we too.. have opinions.

As people like you say.. feel free to disagree.  As people like me say.. argue your point. Or it isn't worth anything.

Your argument is "there's a button, that makes it okay"

My argument is "you don't need to use the button"

You think because there's a menu option to allow you to change the gamma.. makes it ok.

You think because 100k people play a game, it's good.

I don't.  I think, what I think, matters.  Here are my reasons... you can agree/disagree all you want.  But the moment you start making broad accusations about how you think why I'm making my opinion, that somehow I think my opinion is the only opinion.. which is basically racism, that you're accusing me of.. as part of your argument, to try to declare that my opinion is obviously wrong.   That's where you fall flat on your face.  And show everyone who you really are.. the namecaller.. is usually the name called.

Hm.. servers crashed..

Oh and by the way.. you actually make my argument for me.. in your silly responce..

"or could reasonably be construed as doing so."

This is, the definition of cheating.  Using gamma to "see in the dark" is unreasonable use.  Using it to see the game as it was intended to be played.  Is reasonable use.

Edited by Martyn