Sign in to follow this  
Ebato Tenshi

thank you for officially breaking the game

well done grapeshot,

you officially broke the game, cannons don't work on army of the damned anymore, think about it, A massive cannon ball, a ball of steel fired right at the undead doesnt work...

but little baby pallets fired out of a blunderbuss does??

the bear cannon is now worthless in pve.

why not fix the treasure maps instead of nerfing the entire game, and effectively breaking it for a lot of players i assume... 

make the treasure maps give less xp or make the army of the damned harder, sommething like that.

but no you decided to make the cannons worthless against the army of the damned, this is the most stupidist thing in the entire history of game "fixes"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Have never used a cannon to do a treasure map. 

Have never had an issue soloing masterwork maps that yield 2000 gold on 1x 

Soloed a map on x3 that yielded 8000 gold without ever firing any form of projectile. 

My experience seems to indicate that this change has not broken the game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't get me wrong, it's not that doing them with a good bear is a bigger challenge, but swivel+grapeshot was just an overkill for treasure maps. I don't think removing that option is breaking the game.

• Like 1

Its not game breaking.

This change was done to prevent people from parking boats at Power Stone islands and dragging AoD to their ships where swivels would tear them up.  People in a single day could level their ships up to 52.  This is no more.  Large companies and alliances were dominating the Golden Age Ruins to do this and hunt for high level SoTD.  The easy leveling was taken away so this is less of a focus.  This should please smaller companies as there is less traffic in these zones now. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Its not game breaking.

This change was done to prevent people from parking boats at Power Stone islands and dragging AoD to their ships where swivels would tear them up.  People in a single day could level their ships up to 52.  This is no more.  Large companies and alliances were dominating the Golden Age Ruins to do this and hunt for high level SoTD.  The easy leveling was taken away so this is less of a focus.  This should please smaller companies as there is less traffic in these zones now. 

Ah yes... Typical move by Jat, Jeremy, Wildcard(Grapeshot) etc. 

It is a darn shame they nerfed something as benign as that, considering powerstone zones are hunted frequently for people doing the trench, taming on the island, doing powerstones or leveling up their boats. You might get really lucky and not get jumped and sunk. It's a pretty even risk/reward if you consider the time investment, nearly beaching themselves, and having to kite critters all day in the hopes a boat sailing by doesnt sink you

They keep taking the sand out of the sandbox for no reason other than just because. Let's ignore the elephant in the room, people exploiting player levels to go beyond cap, duping, mega companies abusing the hell out of freeports to store assets, animals, etc. Rampant aimbotters, ships out there exploiting sails by have 6+ on a brig, etc.

Instead gentleman, let's not focus on the real issues, but the superficial ones, like players utilizing perfectly respectable mechanics to level up a ship using creative methods that dont exploit or abuse any unintended mechanic, but instead using Anti-personnel and anti-animal weaponry exactly how they were intended to be used, to shoot those things. 

Lets focus on instead on banning people for being "toxic" with no real definition of what that is or means but handle it on an inconsistent case by case basis(this takes a lot of time, and is very inconsistent), instead of for duping, cheating, exploiting, and developing any way to detect, track or monitor actual illicit behavior, because they don't know how to do that either.

Never mind how ship grappling brings giant ships traveling at high speeds to a sudden stop for *reasons*, never mind how in large fleet fights, you cannot effectively salvage any ship because for some reason a shipwreck spawns 2-3 sharks for no reason, and when you are having a concentrated fight and multiple ships sinking it's pretty easy to have 12+ sharks magically appear, Oh wait why doesnt you warship having a diving platform?(Uh because it's a warship, also I cannon bear'd that entire fleet in a walled off harbor, and didnt get any loot because there are a bazillion sharks in there now).

How about Torpedos? Eh! EH? They're great eh! Great new content bound to boost our playerbase! You know HUGE COST and they uh.... travel slow and dont do any worth while damage for their cost/effectiveness. No one uses them.

And there there is your amazing melee combat, First it was brass knuckles and your feat and you could knock hordes of people out in 1-2 power strikes, now it's the spear and a fully spec'd softspot and not only can you knock everyone and their mom off of anything theyre mounting, you can completely knocking them out in a solid 2 hits. 

Nerfing the ship guns/cannons vs. critters and nerfing respawning on newly placed beds are what the game needs... GG 2-3k and dropping peak players.

"At least the game has 4k graphics" - Jeremy Stieglitz.

#priorities, @Jatheish

• Like 3

This change removes about 2/3 of the fun left in the game for me, unfortunately.

My daily routine used to consist of seeking high level maps, travelling the insane distances involved in finding them, using it as an excuse to have adventures along the way, and then engineering a creative way to engage and destroy the undead in the peculiar location they popped up, whether it be a remote mountaintop inaccessible to tames, a craggy valley with highly constricted exit points, or a spawn point too near player structures to effectively build any ramparts. Until this patch, I assumed they knew how fun using all the tools they gave us against the undead was, but it is clear now that they only intended us to fight them one, boring way.

75% of the maps I used had something unique about placement that made tames either impossible, or extremely dangerous to use, and I lost one too many dear tames to them to consider that the first line of attack, or even the second for that matter. My character is the crafter, so I don't have any stats to consider melee, and even my mythical ranged weapons cannot output the DPS required to destroy the biggest warriors, even when I could get someone else from my small guild to help fight.

So I basically needed to use everything they just nerfed. I have killed undead using TNT minefields, grenades, puckles, swivels, flame turrets, mortars, catapults, traps, pits, murderholes, and usually a combination of several. It sometimes took me over an hour to set up, and there was always an unexpected snag that made it desperate and interesting, but it was always mayhem, always glorious, and always FUN.

Not sure how much longer I can remain interested in the game now with this gone.

Also, they introduced a bug where the Undead won't despawn if you can't kill them, so if you can't win by the timer, it spawns an entire new group in addition to the ones you couldn't kill, making it even more difficult the second time.

Shame that in one fell swoop they killed a fun subgame that they apparently didn't even know they had.

• Like 1

Large companies and alliances were dominating the Golden Age Ruins to do this and hunt for high level SoTD. 

I want you to read that again.  Man you went off on 50 tangents there.  You obviously have other issues with the game and you're using one perceived issue as a reason to shit all over the game.  My company/alliance did not mind the change.  Sure it sucks that it takes longer to level ships up, but we realize the reason behind it.  As to doing maps.......I rarely ever saw someone using swivel for this.  When I did it was too easy.  Bears are easy enough, adding a swivel to the equation made it so easy you might as well not even have AoD and just let us dig. 

Only thing im upset about is, I keep finding out about these exploits 2 days before they get fixed. 

Sadly, i am informed about them from megas, in hushed secret tones in discord. They are supposed to be secrets kept by megas for megas.

Wanted to really try the sail exoit too ☹.

Honestly, great job devs. At least for closing these exploits as quickly as possible. Even if you neglect to rollback/demo items or persons that benefitted from said exploit. I was able to get some levels on my boat this way. Super cheap if I do say so. Was planning to max out some this weekend on this. 

Oh, and if your bitching about bear cannon's, GFYS. Long overdue nerf , and prolly still not enough.

Yeah... It's an absolute darn shame that people with the knowledge, resources, planning and weapons would have an EASY time against some mindless fodder.

It's almost like you can't just put on some plate, drink some booze and have 3-4 guys spamming maces and get the exact same result in the same amount of time. I mean, that takes about the same amount of knowledge, resources and planning... Better submit a ticket to Jat and the crew so they can nerf plate armor, booze and maces, since it's too easy.

Let's kill them with melee weapons instead. Better idea, only fists will be able to hit them. Punching them to death!! Yeahh. Great idea, that would be the next patch note. Having to climb mountains or doing bugged maps with AoD inside buildings or mesh was stupid enough, now you completely remove options to do maps. For what? Megas again. Megas exploited swivels in golden age on pvp servers. Instead or preventing swivels on boats do damage or receive exp from AoD. Because you have incompetent programmers, you deny all damage except from tames, melee weapon and guns. It's that difficult to place an IF statement in the code for swivels in ships?. In the process of fixing it in the easy way, just changing the values for swivels to 0% against AoD, you killed your PVE players base and people who enjoyed doing maps on PVP. What make it difficult to make a map is sailing 15 grids for a mastercraft. Not the map itself. Now you kill the only thing I enjoyed about the game. No incentive of keep playing. 900 hours for nothing. Thank you for ruining the game for me. For the people who stay good luck.

Good luck trying to place a bear inside a building and getting out, with no granades.

PD: yesterday I was playing blackwake and I remembered what is good pvp fight with no bullshit 900 hp guys that tank tower puckles or suicide gallys with 300% resistance obliterating ships.

Edited by Emanuel a
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emanuel a said:

Let's kill them with melee weapons instead. Having to climb mountains or doing bugged maps with AoD inside buildings or mesh was stupid enough, now you completely remove options to do maps. For what? Megas again. Megas exploited swivels in golden age on pvp servers. Instead or preventing swivels on boats do damage or receive exp from AoD. Because you have incompetent programmers, you deny all damage except from tames, melee weapon and guns. In the process you killed your PVE players base and people to enjoyed maps. What make it difficult to make a map is sailing 15 grids for a mastercraft. Not the map itself. Now you kill the only thing I enjoyed about the game. No incentive of keep playing. 900 hours for nothing. Thank you, for the people who stay good luck.

Soo, exploits or bust? Duces.

Your playing a priate game, with the mode setting where you cant pirate anything. You are mad they fixed a real exploit of the actual game where you are a pirate and CAN pirate. 

This is reguardless of the fact that a bear, alone, can do everything you need it to do, almost as quickly.

3 hours ago, Badkebab said:

Have never used a cannon to do a treasure map. 

Have never had an issue soloing masterwork maps that yield 2000 gold on 1x 

Soloed a map on x3 that yielded 8000 gold without ever firing any form of projectile. 

My experience seems to indicate that this change has not broken the game. 

Either you're cheating on a private server or exploiting the game in some other way or just outright lying and making stuff up.

Considering 4-5 people on bears can get wiped by a mw map.  I highly doubt you can solo one.

The balance changes are stupid.  Simple as that.  It's nerfing for the sake of it.  A serious wildcard failure in Ark.. spreading it's disease into Atlas. Bet the Wild West has the same issue.

Edited by Martyn

12 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Your playing a priate game, with the mode setting where you cant pirate anything. You are mad they fixed a real exploit of the actual game where you are a pirate and CAN pirate. 

This is reguardless of the fact that a bear, alone, can do everything you need it to do, almost as quickly.

So you're telling me that a swivel/cannon that literally has ingame target settings for players, tames, player only, tames only, or *ALL CREATURES*, being manually operated by a player to shoot a creature is an exploit? Or an unintended mechanic?"

What this really is, is the Developers not knowing how to balance a game or progression, so they break and nerf shit into oblivion to compensate for their general incompetence. It was working perfectly, but rather than addressing and fixing real issues, they decided to waste their time on fixing benign shit that aint broke. Unless you are an absolutely broke pleb that HAS to use weak pathetic means of fighting AoD, there is no reason why any established knowledgeable, resourceful company shouldnt have an easy time fighting AoD. Let's not forget, they're rickety ol bones, getting shot by cannons, grapeshot, grenades, barrels, etc. 

If they want to add some REAL PROGRESSION and difficulty into the maps, they should probably add mini-bosses that scale AoD resistence up per map difficulty just to spice it up, instead of NERFING a perfectly functional aspect of the game to compensate for their gross ineptitude.

Anyone with a mace or some grenades can get the same effect just as easily. MACES you know the very same mace that since forever can destroy things inside peoples bases from the OUTSIDE(Yeah they wont fix this one anytime soon for some unknown reason, gee day 1 bug still here, still being abused regularly well documented and reported, gosh it sure hasnt been fixed yet, I wonder why....). 

58 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

I'm not mad they fixed the leveling train for boats, i couldn't care less about ships. I'm mad because they screwed all the other players who do maps. Because devs dont know how to program and instead of placing a rule to prevent ships to get experience for AoD, they did something to maps that no one asked. A normal bear alone can't do a mastercraft map dont lie. This change only benefits Megas who posses strong bears over lvl 100, with 200% damage. Normal people with shitty bears with 380-500 hp with 145-156% damage have no chance to do a mastercraft alone anymore before the AoD kill the bear or they recover all the HP. Using swivel in a bear wasn't a exploit don't excuse the devs, the exploit was the ships. Good that they fixed that, but I dont agree to nerf swivel bears. 

There are two scenarios here, not one. 

+Swivel bear killing AoD

+Ships using swivels killing AoD

I'm complaining about the first one, not the second one. I'm complaining they are terrible programmers because they didn't address the second one alone. They used the easy and lazy way to fix it. And the proof of my statement is that if they wanted to balance the swivel bear because it was too Overpowered, instead they would had reduced the damage 40% or 50% and reduce the damage from canons or flame 80% or something like that. They are imposing a way to the maps because they probably dont have a way to differentiate in their code if the damage come from a swivel bear or from a swivel ship.

Edited by Emanuel a

1 hour ago, Captain Stabbin said:

Coming to Atlas soon.....AoD can only be damaged by foul language or monkeys throwing their poo!

I like the second option.  Army of monkeys tossing feces is hilarious to watch and listen to.  On the PTR with 6x I tamed 30 or so monkeys.  I had them follow me and I targeted them using T whistles.  The best was sending them after flying birds.  30 monkeys tossing poop into the air like anti-aircraft fire and hearing the accompanying shitting sounds was absolutely hilarious.  It was also fun watching them kill a high level giraffe without a single monkey dying. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

I like the second option.  Army of monkeys tossing feces is hilarious to watch and listen to.  On the PTR with 6x I tamed 30 or so monkeys.  I had them follow me and I targeted them using T whistles.  The best was sending them after flying birds.  30 monkeys tossing poop into the air like anti-aircraft fire and hearing the accompanying shitting sounds was absolutely hilarious.  It was also fun watching them kill a high level giraffe without a single monkey dying. 

This is my favorite post today. 

• Like 1

I think some people have missed the point.

Yes maps and such are still very doable with a bear.

But with the grapeshot ship exploit. Instead of addressing the actual problem or exploit. They’ve completely nerfed something that didnt need nerfing. Creatively finding wars to do maps you couldn’t get a bear or grapeshot to was fun! Not anymore. 

As someone aptly said, they keep removing the sand from the sandbox.

• Like 1

You don't care about the problem , until the problem come right at your face , that is what happened when we protest for large cannon on desk being removed .

They cut down options until everyone can only make the same build instead of having the option to try a build .

Artillery weapon is so easy to Army of the Damned before

I am fine with that nerf to the  Army of the Damned  immune to  Artillery weapon 

But the problem is why the also immune to the Oil Jar+Flame Arrow and the Grenade (Archery Weapon)

They are handheld weapon, we can use that to get in the Ice Dungeon to kill the Snowman Boss but we can't use that to kill Army of the Damned ? 

It doesn't make sense!

Solution : Crab

I do treasure maps for our company and i´ve never had a single problem to do any kind of trasure map no matter the quality and most importantly no matter where exactly it is.Trasure maps on cliffs or mountains ? EASY with crab. Once AotD spawns just use double damage and smah with both left and right mouse click, even with shitty crab you do 100+dmg.

doing trasure maps with bear and mounted cannon... that honestly made my day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zeroenergy said:

Solution : Crab

I do treasure maps for our company and i´ve never had a single problem to do any kind of trasure map no matter the quality and most importantly no matter where exactly it is.Trasure maps on cliffs or mountains ? EASY with crab. Once AotD spawns just use double damage and smah with both left and right mouse click, even with shitty crab you do 100+dmg.

doing trasure maps with bear and mounted cannon... that honestly made my day

Doing the map isn’t the problem. Not Having variety and multiple ways to do the map is the problem. Rather than the devs addressing the actual problem, they’ve added an across the board nerf and turned maps to bring a bear/crab only. 

15 hours ago, Martyn said:

Either you're cheating on a private server or exploiting the game in some other way or just outright lying and making stuff up.

Considering 4-5 people on bears can get wiped by a mw map.  I highly doubt you can solo one.

The balance changes are stupid.  Simple as that.  It's nerfing for the sake of it.  A serious wildcard failure in Ark.. spreading it's disease into Atlas. Bet the Wild West has the same issue.

How are u wiping, i did >25 maps solo all the time, with shopped 1khp 220%md bears, so no rider bonus.
Now that i breed them myself even the level 100 aotd are done in 10 seconds.
Just dont bring 300Hp 130 md suckers, or kick the aotd in different directions (with multiple people) and most valueable POSITION yourself above them.

So basically you were cheating.. using a bear most people cannot get access to, now making posts suggesting the game is too easy, because your bear is a 200% md bear??

Most bears are around 150 md, 600-900 hp. depending on how long someones had them.   A game cannot be judged by endgame content, only by avg content. Because the majority of players are just avg players.

Bear I usually use is 130md, 1100 hp, 1050 stamina.

I also use on occasion heal and damage buffs.  As needed. 

Most people I've grouped with for pugs can be on foot, on bulls, lions, sometimes tigers which are actually pretty decent for maps, I also have a 66 tiger that rarely get's damaged.  I've seen people rain grenades onto their own tames, others with armed crewmen, other still with fences around the treasure lock and explosive barrels.. those are fun.. Didn't need my tiger that time.

But on avg.. it's all avg bears.  And avg bears die on mw maps. Sometimes.  Judging a game from a bred bear standpoint with 220% md.. just doesn't work.. but if people doing so, keep feeding these reports that the game is so easy to be done, the devs will keep nerfing the game and the avg players.. will just leave, because they don't breed tames.. they rarely even tame anything.  They don't farm, don't cook.. they just kill stuff. Then log out.. They're here for the arcade game.  And I don't blame them, but between the hard core elitists and the arcade players are the avg players and right now, their game is a tough game.  If these nerfs continue.. only the hardcore and arcade players will remain.  Everyone else will have moved on, because the game just won't be worth playing anymore.  That's the death everyone fears.  And these discussions people are having in discord, steam, here and various other and many locations will continue.  Is it worth it anymore? That's a question I hear alot these days. 

Edited by Martyn

34 minutes ago, Martyn said:

So basically you were cheating.. using a bear most people cannot get access to, now making posts suggesting the game is too easy, because your bear is a 200% md bear??

Most bears are around 150 md, 600-900 hp. depending on how long someones had them.   A game cannot be judged by endgame content, only by avg content. Because the majority of players are just avg players.

Everybody and their mom have bred bears way better than those many weeks ago. Anyway not having good bears only force you to bring more bears and more people for high end maps.