Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

Crewmen...

Ok, it's well reported by now that the wheel of misfortune doesn't work.. never really worked in ark.. doesn't work in atlas.

So our crewmen are destined to forever shoot fish, parrots, seaguls, horses, sheep, pigs etc.

How about an ai overhaul? Where you can actually get a crewman to operate to a script.. pull lever at night.. to switch on lights.. pull lever in morning to switch them off.

Unload cargo or tames into nearby lockers/chests.

Pickup nearby poo and convert it into fertiliser..

Collect farm crops.. supply fertiliser to crops.

Maybe.. just maybe.. shoot crocodiles.. and ignore the elephants, giraffes, parrots, fish, horses, pigs.. just shoot just crocodiles.

There's dinos in Ark.. that collect poo.. so why not have crewmen do it too.

And oh.. can we have crewmen take up positions in the dingy.. for that little extra speed, hell, forget rowing the boat gently up the stream, merrily merrily.. can we just get them to sit, in the dingy.. so crocodiles and sharks don't eat them when they're being rescued.

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 1

I agree with this post because i think crewmen need to be improved...

Also would like to know if anyone has any information about the following

When the crew levels up past level 30 if they are not assigned a task during combat or if the ship is stopped in the ocean the crew will do some repairs it will not however do complete repairs as if they were docked outside of the freeport. So for example if you were heavily damaged on a gunport and it was down to 1200 out of 5000, It would be repaired to 2500 as long as you have the required items in the Ship Resources Box.png Ship Resources Box which is useful for the solo player who can't be running around the ship and sailing it at the sametime.

https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Crewmember

I have tried to test this out but so far it seems like its false information or maybe just outdated or changed in a previous patch

• Like 1

The way I understand it is NPC crew will not repair the boat unless it is anchored outside of a Freeport. 

Yeh it's bs now.  Hasn't worked for a long time. The wiki needs an overhaul.

Yeah, if the "sweeping" animation is an indication of them repairing. I've never seen any NPC or even my level 98 NPC do that at any time other than being anchored in a non-freeport zone.

They definitely did not help with missing planks, leaking planks, or any repairs while at sea or while being bombarded by SotD galleons. The NPC's on cannons would still free-fire on ships in range while I was solo below deck trying to plug holes though...