TrevorJD

"Flag" content (eg kraken) - another post about keeping the game playable for more than a month

Hi team,

More discussion tonight around the water barrel, about keeping the game interesting for more than a few weeks.

It seems odd that "flag fights" such as the kraken and ice cave have basically no prerequisite other than being there. Only one person needs to have the 9 powerstones to trigger the kraken. Everyone else in a wide area gets the flag simply for being in the vicinity when the kraken dies. This means that a scrub on a raft sitting outside the kraken arena can get their flag with no effort, then go to the ice cave. I don't know that fight, but I'm sure it's possible for said scrub to simply be in the area and they'll also get the 2x harvesting feat.

Obviously for those people who are risking their lives, gear and ships, this is unfair. But there's a second aspect. Currently, you can hit the end game with very little effort and time. A company can have just one person get their powerstones, have everyone come along for the fight, and everyone gets their submarine without having to put in any work. You get 60 or so DP for each one, but that's once-off, I believe.

Suggestion:

* Require at least 7 or 8 powerstones to get the Kraken flag. Require at least 7 or 8 powerstones and the kraken flag to enter the ice cave.

* Have the kraken fight give a decent hit of XP and drop loot (ideally actual items rather than blueprints) to encourage and reward all participants, even those who won't be getting their flag on this particular fight.

See also my posts on consumable powerstones

Ice cave requires all the powerstones to enter, so someone without all stones can't enter it even if a clan mate with all the stones triggers the entrance.

There's also an incentive for doing powerstones and having the powerstones at the kraken fight, as there's a nice chunk of discovery points you don't receive otherwise.

Edited by LunningStooks

OK, I thought the cave just needed the kraken flag.

Those disco points are only awarded once for each stone though, right? If so, it's a once-off thing, rather than something that can be replayed for fun and profit.

Yeah, you get a disco point for each stone, plus more when you have all the stones and do the kraken. Same for essences and v2 kraken.

As for the hydra ect., i know people farm it for mythos.