Sam

Any Trade Hubs On NA PVE?

Any Trade Hubs On NA PVE? Any known high traffic trade areas to set up a shop?

Thank you

~Samantha

I don’t know any physical locations here where a bunch have shops set up. Most trading I’m aware of is through discord channels 

I10 is currently building a large market on the PDWA island. But it will take another 14 days

O8 and N1, I believe we have a couple more going as well, depends on what you are looking for.

Just to confirm - We are on NA PVE - The Gorgon's Gaze

N11 - Mermaid McTraders - Have vendors from our self's and Ally's  on the same grid.    NW most Island On Grid,     "NE Side" of Island  - North Side of Light House has blue Buoy's  for Public Parking -  Orange Buoy's for private parking.   -  Please no long term parking.    Community unlocked, all crafting stations to be added over next day. 

The shore line has plenty of room for more people to place their own shop.  And encourage you to do so.   I would like to generate as much traffic as we can.

- Currently for sale - All resources, seeds, ammo, canon balls, and more to come.   Possible ship building to come,  later down the road.    Also coming soon is pre built upgraded canons's, parts, etc.   

"Disclaimer"  we have 3 Gally's parked atm so please excuse a lil bit of loading lag when entering the bay.   "Also to be cleaned up over the next day"

"Disclaimer #2 - Blue and Orange buoy's used as Directing traffic they do not indicate Shallow water -  Blue is deep all the to the shore - No issues -  RED buoy's indicate shallow's.  

Edited by Dosgimp

On 6/29/2019 at 6:14 AM, Nutcutt3r said:

O8 and N1, I believe we have a couple more going as well, depends on what you are looking for.

On a lark, I went to your N1 island to check out your shop (it was close to my destination), and I convinced myself that anyone who would be crazy enough to build a trading hub in Polar must have an absolutely amazing trading base, so I had to see it.

I *think* I found your island, as it was the only one with an announcement message mentioning stuff for trade, but unfortunately, there was no indication where the trader was. I checked out every structure I could find on about 3/4 of the island, and never found a trading hub, I was the only one in the zone, so there was nobody to ask, so I gave up and sailed on. I suspect that your definition of trading hub means "place where we store animals that we sell", whereas mine was "has a shopkeep".

After that experience, just a PSA for anyone setting up a trading base:

• Probably good to set expectations with your potential customers - do you have an in-game shopfront, or are you simply selling tames and/or ships from locations which require some other form of communication to buy.
  • If you are on an enormous island, include the rough cardinal direction to your shop on the island, or you are seriously reducing the chances anyone will ever find it. Also since the message fades after only 10 seconds, you should probably put that information before anything about what you are selling.
  • A few strategically placed billboards on the shoreline with a dedicated buoy for nighttime illumination greatly increase the chances that people will find your shops. Always assume that people are approaching your trading hub from the exactly wrong side of your island under the worst weather conditions possible.

4 hours ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

On a lark, I went to your N1 island to check out your shop (it was close to my destination), and I convinced myself that anyone who would be crazy enough to build a trading hub in Polar must have an absolutely amazing trading base, so I had to see it. 

I *think* I found your island, as it was the only one with an announcement message mentioning stuff for trade, but unfortunately, there was no indication where the trader was. I checked out every structure I could find on about 3/4 of the island, and never found a trading hub, I was the only one in the zone, so there was nobody to ask, so I gave up and sailed on. I suspect that your definition of trading hub means "place where we store animals that we sell", whereas mine was "has a shopkeep".

After that experience, just a PSA for anyone setting up a trading base:

• Probably good to set expectations with your potential customers - do you have an in-game shopfront, or are you simply selling tames and/or ships from locations which require some other form of communication to buy.
  • If you are on an enormous island, include the rough cardinal direction to your shop on the island, or you are seriously reducing the chances anyone will ever find it. Also since the message fades after only 10 seconds, you should probably put that information before anything about what you are selling.
  • A few strategically placed billboards on the shoreline with a dedicated buoy for nighttime illumination greatly increase the chances that people will find your shops. Always assume that people are approaching your trading hub from the exactly wrong side of your island under the worst weather conditions possible.

Must be a slow week, I jumped over and looked and see we have 2 markets, so it is still in the building phase. I guess I didnt say empire.

Where is yours so I can see everything I am doing wrong??

We are finishing ours in O4. The main reason for my visit was that I was pretty sure yours was awesome, and I wanted to learn from your setup.

I *did* learn, but mostly stuff that might not be obvious to other hubmakers from the perspective of a potential customer, so figured I would share.

Definitely not claiming that mine is better than yours yet, no offense intended.

On 7/11/2019 at 7:57 PM, Sleepinator2000 said:

We are finishing ours in O4. The main reason for my visit was that I was pretty sure yours was awesome, and I wanted to learn from your setup.

I *did* learn, but mostly stuff that might not be obvious to other hubmakers from the perspective of a potential customer, so figured I would share.

Definitely not claiming that mine is better than yours yet, no offense intended.

Will stop by and check it out, was on vaca for two weeks and thought there would be more done, it will get there.

There is one on O8 on Clareway Skerry I believe on the NE side.  I visited last weekend but no one was around at the time, looks like it is still a work in progress they did have quite a few animals for sale didn't see much in the way of items or resources though.