Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Really hoping you make build anywhere

Not sure if that will save the game for pc but for console it will be more than welcome. If the pc guys want to keep claims that is cool but once atlas releases for console we have no interest in having an upkeep for our land.

no claims, no upkeep. Console people are looking for the stand alone ark that atlas is. There are no Eve players on console. There are no any other pc only games on console lol.

we are looking for ark. I want to build what I want where I want and so do a lot of others. Got on to ark with my buddy and decided to go to multiple ark servers asking them what they wanted. Yeah they don’t want claims or upkeep either.

you have a chance to do things right on console. Please don’t mess this up.

once again pc guys. If you want claims and upkeep, fine keep it. They would be very stupid do do claims on console. 

The main source of players for atlas is ark players. It’s time to make this the ark it was supposed to be. All you have to do is get rid of claims and upkeep and atlas will be a success on console. And guess what? I am a console player so I do know better than any pc player.

this is where I know better than anyone on here 👍

And btw go ahead and add fast travel to console as well. We don’t want the sailing aspect. We want a very big ark world

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Stabbin said:

Mods will come out very quickly once they release single player that will let you do all of that plus more 👍

No, that is the unfortunate thing about console. With ark, pc players got all the mods. Console people do not. We got the center map and rag. They finally started adding some of the s+ aspects but we don’t get mods even when the game is supported.

they simply need to make claims go away because the game will die just as fast as pc if these crap claims/upkeep ideas stay in place.

literally the worst ideas ever created in the history of gaming smh.

Edited by Realist
  • Like 1

Amazing how fast you were able to contact 50 Million console Players And Asked them about their opinion. You will Save the Game. Also travelling from bed to bed is a amazing idea aswell. Just Need to get rid of oceans And Maybe add More Dinos.

• Haha 7

What?? 😂

Console players want ark?? Well this isnt ark.

also, this isn’t the 90’s console players don’t want diluted gaming experiences compared to their PC counterparts.

also, you already can build anywhere, there’s little consequence to not owning an island. 

Also, the arrogance that you are some console diety and no one else here is a console gamer is presumptuous 

4 hours ago, zottel said:

Amazing how fast you were able to contact 50 Million console Players And Asked them about their opinion. You will Save the Game. Also travelling from bed to bed is a amazing idea aswell. Just Need to get rid of oceans And Maybe add More Dinos.

26 minutes ago, TerrorTrooper said:

What?? 😂

Console players want ark?? Well this isnt ark.

also, this isn’t the 90’s console players don’t want diluted gaming experiences compared to their PC counterparts.

also, you already can build anywhere, there’s little consequence to not owning an island. 

Also, the arrogance that you are some console diety and no one else here is a console gamer is presumptuous 

Yeah stick with the pc stuff where you actually know something. 

4 hours ago, Captain Stabbin said:

Oh wow did not know that console players didn’t get mods.  

Yeah console players got shafted with ark lol. We never even got conquest servers, even though we did get small tribe servers lol

I just think you are Quite delusional , thinking that you KNOW what Players Want And are the Last hope to Save a Game. I Dont mind People bringing constructive critism,but wthout playing a Game You just cant do that. You wont be a doctor cause you read about it. Im even sure Most Players Dont know what they want. You Dont get a feeling of achieving anything in the Game because its too easy. Having a galleon was Lot of work in the beginning, now its 30 minutes of work. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zottel said:

I just think you are Quite delusional , thinking that you KNOW what Players Want And are the Last hope to Save a Game. I Dont mind People bringing constructive critism,but wthout playing a Game You just cant do that. You wont be a doctor cause you read about it. Im even sure Most Players Dont know what they want. You Dont get a feeling of achieving anything in the Game because its too easy. Having a galleon was Lot of work in the beginning, now its 30 minutes of work. 

agree 100 percent, except the part where it takes a lot of work to build a gal. bred tames and hell, even regular tames, have always been able to farm a gal in 30 min or less.

You can already build anywhere, except for Freeports and Golden Age Ruins.

I've been sailing around building anywhere and everywhere I want with nothing stopping me (except foundation spam). So I guess good news, you have what you want.

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

agree 100 percent, except the part where it takes a lot of work to build a gal. bred tames and hell, even regular tames, have always been able to farm a gal in 30 min or less.

Still remember how it took us a week back then Without tames And 3 days with 😄 but that was before the tames were buffed And the Harvest was doubled And x2 Events were the exception. And also as you could only tame them with their prefered Food 😄 miss this alot actually 

You’re speaking for the whole console community now? You know, you were climbing out of ‘the ravine of stupidness’ but now you’re falling all the way back down again. 

Oh dude... Every week a new trolltread? 

This is not Ark. It's called Atlas. You see, only the first letter is the same... And I hope the game will never be so too.

And stop asking for changes or become a major sponsor. 

Please try not to freak out guys. This is a thread about console release. But to reply to everyone saying I am speaking for console players “yes, compared to a pc player I can easy speak for every console player.”

time for the upkeep to be gone for console.

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

Please try not to freak out guys. This is a thread about console release. But to reply to everyone saying I am speaking for console players “yes, compared to a pc player I can easy speak for every console player.”

Sorry man, but this is like saying "Because I live in California and you live in Florida, I can speak for all Californians compared to a Floridian." You are talking about literally millions of people, of which, in your entire console playing career, you have had direct contact with at most .001% of them. Does that mean you've had more contact than me? Yes.

Does it make you remotely credible as spokesperson for a multimillion member category of players? Not in the least. 

29 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Sorry man, but this is like saying "Because I live in California and you live in Florida, I can speak for all Californians compared to a Floridian." You are talking about literally millions of people, of which, in your entire console playing career, you have had direct contact with at most .001% of them. Does that mean you've had more contact than me? Yes.

Does it make you remotely credible as spokesperson for a multimillion member category of players? Not in the least. 

Never said I spoke for every single console gamer. I have talk to a lot. People on here just did what they usually do but their thoughts are irrelevant in this issue just as they see mine as irrelevant where pc is concerned. 

I have asked a good chunk of people are none of them want island upkeep. 

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

Never said I spoke for every single console gamer. I have talk to a lot. People on here just did what they usually do but their thoughts are irrelevant in this issue just as they see mine as irrelevant where pc is concerned. 

I have asked a good chunk of people are none of them want island upkeep. 

Nowhere did I assert you have talked to every single console gamer. What I pointed out is that whatever number you have talked to, even if it is thousands, represents a tiny fraction of that overall group, and thus does not come close to you being able to assert what console gamers want. You cannot possibly know, because you have only spoken to a tiny fraction of the overall group. You can comfortably assert what you and your friends want, but that is a far cry from claiming to speak for console gamers overall want, which is what you did.

If you think a dozen, a hundred, or even a thousand people out of millions is "a good chunk" of that playerbase, then you and I have a different understanding of that phrase.

25 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Nowhere did I assert you have talked to every single console gamer. What I pointed out is that whatever number you have talked to, even if it is thousands, represents a tiny fraction of that overall group, and thus does not come close to you being able to assert what console gamers want. You cannot possibly know, because you have only spoken to a tiny fraction of the overall group. You can comfortably assert what you and your friends want, but that is a far cry from claiming to speak for console gamers overall want, which is what you did.

If you think a dozen, a hundred, or even a thousand people out of millions is "a good chunk" of that playerbase, then you and I have a different understanding of that phrase.

Well most console players aren’t  into the survival genre to begin and there really isn’t that many mmos on console either so that big number of players you are talking about is actually a lot smaller.

console gamers tend to think a like especially when it comes to Xbox or ps4 specifically. And yes, a sample survey of over 100 people is more than efficient l. That is the point of taking surveys.

the funny part is others can feel free to say I am wrong with literally no basis to prove it. At least I am out asking people. 

“Well I say your wrong because I said so”. Oh wow I must be wrong then lol

Edited by Realist

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Here you say you speak for every console player And in the next Post you say you dont. Also where do you ask ppl for your Survey?

The current „pay to own“ claim system is killing ATLAS, just follow the declining numbers of players.

The old system was much better as you were allowed to own just a piece of a big island for free.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Talono said:

The current „pay to own“ claim system is killing ATLAS, just follow the declining numbers of players.

The old system was much better as you were allowed to own just a piece of a big island for free.

Ye because with the old system there was no decline ...

I stopped playing because I got bored of a slow sailing, it simply takes forever to get somewhere to PvP. Thats my personal reason. Not because of claim system 😉

There are many reasons why people quit playing but claim system really isn't the problem.

Edited by Willard

38 minutes ago, Talono said:

Yeah make it foundation spam only. That way bigger companys have the Chance to claim multiple grids for themselves. Maybe also add parking fees for anchored ships And a taxation of 20% a ship has Ressources on Board for ships using that Grid. Also would like to See them add 500 thatch foundations per player After the next wipe so megas have the Chance to claim multiple grids before small companys own anything. Pay to own is a Super dumb idea. I Dont like the fact i Need to do 4 treasure Maps each x2 just for a week of upkeep. 

18 hours ago, Realist said:

- If the pc guys want to keep claims that is cool but once atlas releases for console we have no interest in having an upkeep for our land.

- no claims, no upkeep. Console people are looking for the stand alone ark that atlas is.

- we are looking for ark. I want to build what I want where I want and so do a lot of others. Got on to ark with my buddy and decided to go to multiple ark servers asking them what they wanted. Yeah they don’t want claims or upkeep either.

- The main source of players for atlas is ark players. It’s time to make this the ark it was supposed to be.

- this is where I know better than anyone on here 👍

- And btw go ahead and add fast travel to console as well. We don’t want the sailing aspect. We want a very big ark world

LOL...

- 'we' as in 'you'

- Looking for ARK? You came to wrong place... go play ARK, which you obviously did not before, as you seem not to get what claims and upkeep solve that ARK lags, like giant structures and foundation spam so to have a "claim" for yourself on the ARK...

- Again go to ARK, if you want it so badly... we the old ARK players want ATLAS, because less tame centered, less foundation spam and PIRATE SHIPS!

- LOL, the ARK players are here to get away from all the ARK problems that you so love and want to spread to other fine games to make them as miserable...
What a coincidence, the ATLAS Devs came from ARK... seems they also wanted to do something better than ARK... 🤔

- Well obviously you know not much about ARK or the changes in ATLAS to make it better than ARK, as per request from the ARK player base...
And as we already found out either you not talked to any or all console ARK players, unless that is only you and your only friend...🙄

- Yeah, fast travel, because who wants to travel on the sea in a ship in a ocean game... 😱

Let us get to the actual point of your thread: the upkeep...
Seems you didn't like it to much when we told you in your other thread, that you and your friend (as in two people) will not be able to sustain your giant bases with defenses and 200 tames... BECAUSE OF UPKEEP...
That is why you are crying now...😥
Because ATLAS is not the game for you...

So when seeing all your useless threads you made it comes down to you want:
- A game with continent size (like 80+% landmass per server) maps, like with only a small line of ocean around it till the server wall.
- Ability to have hundreds of different animals to tmae and breeding 200+ of those.
- No need to go out to sea because everything is available on the one THE_ISLAND/server you are on the game has to offer.
- No claims because you like foundation spam to secure your "claim".
- If you build a Puckle/AutoTurret it should not have upkeep cost, so you can actually afford to own hundreds.
- Therefore allowing giant bases that you can defend with two people.
- But even better for you would be if the structures are invincible (question why you need a claim and or defense upkeep then...) Forget about your ships being invincible, as you don't want to travel anyway...
- Oh yeah, and better - if you ever would like to get in the water with a ship - don't be subject to wind speed and direction.

Sums all your wished up...?
And your winner is...: go play ARK on PVE on your own private server... everything you want, including the motorboat that does not need wind...

🙄

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Well most console players aren’t  into the survival genre to begin and there really isn’t that many mmos on console either so that big number of players you are talking about is actually a lot smaller.

console gamers tend to think a like especially when it comes to Xbox or ps4 specifically. And yes, a sample survey of over 100 people is more than efficient l. That is the point of taking surveys.

the funny part is others can feel free to say I am wrong with literally no basis to prove it. At least I am out asking people. 

“Well I say your wrong because I said so”. Oh wow I must be wrong then lol

To be clear, what people are telling you is we don’t accept the notion that you speak for console players. The basis for our position has already been stated. You are misrepresenting our position when you describe it as saying “you are wrong.” We are not saying you are wrong, we are merely refusing to accept something you have asserted as being true. The key difference between these things is where the burden of proof lies. When you assert that you speak for console players, the burden of proof that this is true lies with you. You have offered nothing but anecdotal evidence that you have spoken with some tiny minority of this vast group and then when this is pointed out, attempted to defend it with what I would describe as exceedingly weak rationalizations.