Solstar

Box/X-bow nerf against Treasure Guardians?

Has anyone else experienced this?  I was doing 2 points of damage with a bow, and archers were immune to damage.

I made a bug report about it as well, becuase I'm pretty sure archers being immune to damage is not intended gameplay.

:skull: CURRENT: V207.996 :skull:

- AoD on GoldenAge now drop gold when killed. Scales with level.

- AoD now have a non-weighted random spread up to level 120 on GoldenAge servers
- AoD are now immune to anything except gun (non-puckle) ,melee damage and tame damage.
- Fixed cannons shooting thru overhangs 
- Increased sword damage by 50%
- Increased mace damage by 35%
- Increased pike damage by 15%
- Increased spear damage by 20%
- Increased throwing knife damage by 20%
- Increased gun effectiveness against creatures 12.5%
- Reduced health potion self heal 20%
- Reduced tiger and lion head hitbox bone damage multiplier to 1.5x
- Increased minimum island points on PvE from 30 to 70
- Increased max island points on PvE  from 150 to 250
- Increased max island points on PvP from 250 to 320
- Magic Mythos is now active for the weekend: 2x bonus rates for Harvesting, Taming, XP and Gold!

Yes.. it’s intended. 

Its also absolutely ridiculous! 

Honestly cannot even guess the devs thinking behind this absurd change. Removes all creativity and strategy from maps and just turned it into “bring a bear”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This bow 0 damage change is absurd. Especially for anyone who does maps solo. Only AoD you can kill with guns are archers and melee gets you surrounded and stunned into submission fairly quickly. This change is absolutely terrible and hopefully the devs will correct ASAP.

it's intended BS, whoever makes their decisions should go back to mc donalds.

• Thanks 1

Trying to image why this would be intended.  What exploit could this prevent?  How would it make game-play too easy?  Is there lore attached to this explaining why AoD are immune to bows?  Seems a bit lame to me.  I would never use one for AoD, but removing the option completely seems a bit odd. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Thanks 1

whats next removing tame damage 😛 or immune to everything except bear melle while blindfolded and wearing 2 peg legs 2 hook hands and all pink colored armour .....

these devs are just unreal , whoever is making their decisions must be working for a rival company there cannot be any other explantion 

Edited by UDO

9 minutes ago, UDO said:

whats next removing tame damage 😛 or immune to everything except bear melle while blindfolded and wearing 2 peg legs 2 hook hands and all pink colored armour .....

these devs are just unreal , whoever is making their decisions must be working for a rival company there cannot be any other explantion 

Yeah, I'm not sure what version of their game they are playing if any.  But there is clearly a huge disconnect between the player base, the current meta for everything and the development team at Grapshot.  Perhaps they should jump down in the trenches and actually play this hot mess and then perhaps they might come up with better updates, tweaks and changes.

Seriously disappointed with this developer.

They went overboard with the nerf for AoD. So overboard that they also broke whatever mechanism was meant to reset them after the timer. Now they just stand there forever if you can't kill them, and if you retrigger them, you get a whole nother batch on top.

Doing any map solo at lower levels will be almost impossible as nothing damages them but melee and tames. Talk about lame, I guess its throw a bear or two at them and hope they win. At least with the bow I could dodge and weave and occasionally make use of terrain. Now it will just be sick'em tames and stand there and every now and then swing. That forces every person that wants to do any maps solo forced down the melee and beast master trees. Now it seems so much focus is on tames and much less on actual pirate material. The guns and bows are fun, but now you can't use them against main way of doing maps?? Makes no sense. I really hope they adjust that soon. I can see making them immune to cannon as people could farm with ease, but immune to bows (flame and regular arrows) and guns and grenades is really poor.

- AoD are now immune to anything except gun (non-puckle) ,melee damage and tame damage - 

Just trying to imagine what they are immune to... is it only bow?

24 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

- AoD are now immune to anything except gun (non-puckle) ,melee damage and tame damage - 

Just trying to imagine what they are immune to... is it only bow?

puckle + cannons

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, photek said:

puckle + cannons

+ grapeshot + mortar + explosive barrels + greek fire + grenades + crossbow + catapult + ballista

Not sure about fire arrows, I haven't tried them since the meganerf.

• Thanks 1

The apparently said this nerf was to prevent using swivels to farm xp and gold from a ship, now that they added gold to dead on golden age.

Curious how people were loading crossbows into their swivels but that was the stated reason.

You would think if you need to nerf something, and the way you did it made many people angry and no one happy they would FIND ANOTHER WAY!!

On 6/24/2019 at 3:33 AM, TerrorTrooper said:

Yes.. it’s intended. 

Its also absolutely ridiculous! 

Honestly cannot even guess the devs thinking behind this absurd change. Removes all creativity and strategy from maps and just turned it into “bring a bear”

Its always been just bring a bear