Sign in to follow this  
Wurger

Brig Ladder

One of my dipshit clan members dropped my stern ladder. Now I cant get it to roll back up. Tried the whistle, no luck any ideas plz?

You can either hold E on it and select the option to retract the ladder, or you can press L while you're on the wheel to toggle the ladders on the ship.

All I get when I hold E is climb up or down. Nothing else. Thinking now its a bug. I'll try L. Thx

U can only retract a ladder, if u stand on top of it. 

- steeringwheel and "L"

- Whistle the ship while u are in the water. Sometimes you have to whistle from the side (often it doesn't work from behind, when I used it)

• Like 1

Am I the only person who has a bad habit of jumping out of his ship without extending the ladders and then stuck having a hard time gettting back on the ship?

It's not just me, right?

Right guys?

Is this thing on?

• Haha 2

I just noticed, that in 75% of all cases I want to leave a ship on a tame, I stuck in rubberbanding the first 20...50m.

and really try to whistle from the side. Or du you get these issues with the ladders to catch em or while climbing?

Sometimes since 3...4weeks when the waves are high, I had to grab the ladder and wait a sec, before climbing up. Otherwise I glitched thru the ladder.

I fix the rubber banding by stopping movement for 5-10 seconds.  Let the client and server synch up.  Works every time.

Also always whistle from the side while in the water.  I swim to the side and face the rudder.  Whistle where the rubber and the hull meet.  Make sure that  behind this is just water.  Reduces the likelihood of whistling crew off the boat and when done right is very consistent. 

When calling the ladder up I don't look at it anymore.  It can be very inconsistent.  I just hop on the steering wheel and start smacking "L" until it goes up.  Our zone is so laggy sometimes I have to hit it 4-5 times before it works, but it always does.

Edited by DocHolliday

On 6/25/2019 at 10:17 AM, boomervoncannon said:

Am I the only person who has a bad habit of jumping out of his ship without extending the ladders and then stuck having a hard time gettting back on the ship?

It's not just me, right?

Right guys?

Is this thing on?

It's not just you. A member in our company does it all...the...time. 🤓🤓