GermanBolle

Great player loss!!!

Can't you stop fighting the country so that you don't always have land raids? It can be really helpful if the fights only take place at sea because you don't lose more players in Atlas. When I look at the Steam Charts of Atlas I get bad that after 30 days there are 22% player loss and if you continue like that, the game goes out to the players until the release and that would be a real pity. I can understand people who after about 100 hours of playing island construction get everything shot away and start again from zero that then they don't feel like anymore at stake.

Sea fights are unfortunately not so really in Atlas most of the driving only away and shoot with their rear battery of small cannons this may also be patched out as it was done with the big guns

Edited by GermanBolle

This would be sad, as i like this pirate setting more than ARK.

But you are right, the only „mega“ they produce is mega fail. Who needs new stuff locked away for streamers and mega companies only ?

Who asked for new underwater pets, which only mega companies can aquire ?

Who asked for new unofficial maps ?

Why new islands ? Everybody has his own island meanwhile because lack of players.

Repair the lag !

Repair animal hitboxes !

Repair structures poofing when you replace structures somewhere else !

Repair bugs, hacks and exploits !

Give us new ships ( for everybody please, not again just for your beloved mega tribes ! ) and new cannons.

Edited by Talono

22 minutes ago, Talono said:

But you are right, the only „mega“ they produce is mega fail. Who needs new stuff locked away for streamers and mega companies only ?

Why new islands ? Everybody has his own island meanwhile because lack of players.

Repair the lag !

Repair animal hitboxes !

Give us new ships ( for everybody please, not again just for your beloved mega tribes ! ) and new cannons.

If you can´t acquire it as an asocial solo player that does not mean only Megas can acquire that 🙂

Every Second Post talono makes is about stuff locked for solo player And only are for megas. If he would invest the Same Amount of Time playing as he is writing he may be able to get stuff done. Give me 1 Thing a solo player cant do.

51 minutes ago, Talono said:

Repair the lag !

Repair animal hitboxes !

What things can only mega corps do?

we are only 4 players in my company and we can all the things do that can megas do........

Edited by KgB2305

Talono guy has some serious chip on his shoulder, should just ignore everything he says. Probs some ultra salty friendless solo player.

I have a 65 man company and I'm actually the country pvp on the nerves, because the opponent is always destroyed everything and the people then simply no desire to build on again if it was limited to combating steam then only a ship is under and then it is rebuilt and the pvp can go on.

in the country pvp is always the opponent everything gedrop so you just win nothing at all be aware that both sides just lose a lot of things

and no i'm not a pve player

47 minutes ago, GermanBolle said:

I have a 65 man company and I'm actually the country pvp on the nerves, because the opponent is always destroyed everything and the people then simply no desire to build on again if it was limited to combating steam then only a ship is under and then it is rebuilt and the pvp can go on.

in the country pvp is always the opponent everything gedrop so you just win nothing at all be aware that both sides just lose a lot of things

and no i'm not a pve player

Yeah that is why I made the thread of making buildings invulnerable that way the pvp would stay on the water.

with all the base raiding and wiping that goes on this is definitely ark. Not like ark. This is ark. You can just build boats now.

18 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah that is why I made the thread of making buildings invulnerable that way the pvp would stay on the water.

with all the base raiding and wiping that goes on this is definitely ark. Not like ark. This is ark. You can just build boats now.

starting to think this game want make it to xbox 😞 its a shame too I really want to play vs other americans not the Chinese spam/cheat/exploiters

8 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

starting to think this game want make it to xbox 😞 its a shame too I really want to play vs other americans not the Chinese spam/cheat/exploiters

Yes that is very unfortunate. I wouldn’t even care if they would just release it on console and then stop supporting it and stopped adding content and walked away but just let the servers stay running. 

11 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

They definitely could have done things differently but this will be a good learning experience for them. Hopefully the next game they make will be completely anti big groups. That would be awesome and they could have a chance at succeeding 

ew. what is with all the "poor me" negativity in this thread..

land combat is awesome. we need more land combat goodies.. tarot cards for god sakes. new melee weps types.. are you really getting attached to islands and structures? the great atlas is meant to be conquered, destroyed, rebuilt and conquered again. its the sea element that needs a revamp. we need to be able to travel faster with our ships. wreal in ships faster like a fish with the harpoon and board them for the slaughter. stealing boats needs a faster capture based on ship quality. common building needs to be expedited with 2x gathering being permanent, as BP building is still bottlenecked by ship weight capacity

Where the hell is my fancy hat?!

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

2 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

land combat is awesome. we need more land combat goodies.. tarot cards for god sakes. new melee weps types.. are you really getting attached to islands and structures? the great atlas is meant to be conquered, destroyed, rebuilt and conquered again. its the sea element that needs a revamp. we need to be able to travel faster with our ships. wreal in ships faster like a fish with the harpoon and board them for the slaughter. stealing boats needs a faster capture based on ship quality. common building needs to be expedited with 2x gathering being permanent, as BP building is still bottlenecked by ship weight capacity

Yes the sailing needs to be a lot faster. I do agree with that. Unfortunately most others do not agree with you

45 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yes the sailing needs to be a lot faster. I do agree with that. Unfortunately most others do not agree with you

Actually most people want faster sailing, look at the poll 🙂 

9 hours ago, Realist said:

Yes that is very unfortunate. I wouldn’t even care if they would just release it on console and then stop supporting it and stopped adding content and walked away but just let the servers stay running. 

hence the single player all grids mode , is this what they are thinking at this stage ? if the game doesnt gain traction they wont be able to keep 4 x servers of this size running for long , 

4 minutes ago, UDO said:

hence the single player all grids mode , is this what they are thinking at this stage ? if the game doesnt gain traction they wont be able to keep 4 x servers of this size running for long , 

Pretty soon at the very least they need to just combine Eu and na. Shouldn’t be a problem with that. Just one pvp and one pve. Then there would be atleast 2k on each.

all I know is I am going to be pissed if they do give up before console release. But in reality I am pretty sure they will because at least in the beginning there will be a big first initial rush of players for console.

either way right now they don’t need 900 total servers.

This game is far away from being capable of land pvp. 

And yeah, it should perhaps be a land pvp in this game, but at this state it should be disabled, because grapeshot implement new things that is way op at the beginning, and exploits take weeks for them to figure out after it been reported several times. 

I Understand people leaving when theyre base get raided, who wouldnt when you loose youre base in a exploit or someone cheating. When it gets reported they dont do shit about it anyway. 

And stop with the chinese are the only one exploiting, ive seen just as many us ppl exploit and cheat. 

15 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

What exactly is awesome if ppl grief others for days after days untill there is not a single foundation left? And then they move on to the next one and do the same. For no reason at all. And the only benefit they get from this is that ppl leave the game.

16 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

we need to be able to travel faster with our ships.

stealing boats needs a faster

common building needs to be expedited with 2x gathering being permanent

^^^^ Above is the mentality of the people left in this game!  That's why no body play's because people like this, are who actually play!!!

You want to fix the game do everything OPPOSITE of what this guy thinks!!!  Then maybe people will return to it....

well you guys saw how atlas was during the 6x event and tbh i dont think that this or improved performance will save anything anymore... if they would have started atlas in the current state it might have been different and with less player loss...

if you quit cuz you get raided/defeated instead of improving/learning you should not play PVP mmo or survival games...

Edited by Wichtelman

2 minutes ago, Wichtelman said:

well you guys saw how atlas was during the 6x event and tbh i dont think that this or improved performance will save anything anymore... if they would have started atlas in the current state it might have been different and with less player loss...

if you quit cuz you get raided/defeated instead of improving/learning you should not play PVP mmo or survival games...

The world we live in where a game that has PvP enabled "Means" PvP is the mandatory all powerful focus of the game!  

A good game has PvP enabled 

A good game has consequences for killing

A good game has law and order and crime

A bad game, like Rust and other Griefer filled games like ATLAS has become, devolves into PvP is the only thing that matters!

50 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

The world we live in where a game that has PvP enabled "Means" PvP is the mandatory all powerful focus of the game!
A good game has PvP enabled
A good game has consequences for killing
A good game has law and order and crime
A bad game, like Rust and other Griefer filled games like ATLAS has become, devolves into PvP is the only thing that matters!

You are correct,
but I would not rely on "law and order and crime", as that is player made, or should be in a good game.
It should be more a set of "natural laws" that make PVP till you're wiped.

Wiping seems to be the current state of the game. You hear of some large company wiping the other company and the next info you get is, they left... THE GAME...

More likely than not even the most comitted to the game will stop playing, when he gets wiped by some exploit and or stupid game mechanic - which this game has ALOT.
Meaning you can build what ever defense you want, the attacker has the "stream-able" adavantage.
The moment you find out the hard way that there was never a valid possibility to defend and survive, the game is broken for you beyond repair and you STOP WASTING YOUR TIME with it.

People can live with such exploitable mechanics and stupid design decisions, until the get wiped.
So the question is, why do people get wiped to the point of leaving the game?

Easy, as it is the same underlying answer as before.
Because of the PVP setup the attacker has the superior advantage over the defender.
Meaning the defender builds massive defences and stil receives massiv damage from a lonely cannon bear or other over-powered thing that basically cost nothing for the attacker.

So if you are at war with another company and your enemy is danagerous up until he forever lost the ability to harm you at his will with almost zero investment = cannon bear, etc. your only option to get to this point is to get him to quit the game, in that leaving you alone.
Therefore wiping is basically the only way - apart from diplomacy - to win over your enemy, if your wiping them can get them to quit. And that is basically the only working option for the defender in that case to be save. The attacker those not want to get you quit, because he wants to come back for you again in the furture.

As a side show, everyone weaker - like normal players just minding there own business - get the same treatment when found by chance and come to the same conclussion and leave THE GAME, because it is BROKEN.

How can the game fix this?
Well what we tell the devs all the time, FIX exploitable PVP and make it a leveled battlefield, meaning the attacker needs to invest equal or more resources to win over the defender.
Only at that point attackers will think twice about attacking anything and may keep damages to the other side low = safe their own resources invested in the attack.
At that point wiping would be more expensive for the attacker than for the defender. And the attacker would only have to hurt the defender to the level were his own defenses cannot be broken in a possible counter attack, because that would take the other side some time get back to strenght.

Right now the other guy just needs to tame another bear and make some cannon balls and all your stuff is at risk from him still.
Hence you have to make him quit the game so you can be save.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

You are correct,
but I would not rely on "law and order and crime", as that is player made, or should be in a good game.
It should be more a set of "natural laws" that make PVP till you're wiped.

I disagree here law and order should not be player made it needs to be fixed in code game systems!

Look back to the old games like Ultima Online, if you stole you turned grey, if you killed you turned red, if you killed repeatedly you stayed Red....

These were basic systems that were exploitable, but they were a good start, but here we are almost 20 years latter and NO MMORPG has improved on it because the Sandbox MMORPG was removed from the gaming world bye the popularity of WoW, and the 100's of WoW themepark clones that have come since!!!

You want to pirate you should have a letter of Marque!  You want to war you should have purchased a very expensive writ allowing you to do so!

You want to destroy property in a siege then you should have purchased a Siege Token to lay siege!

There are Ton's of old game mechanics that can be improved on from games like;

Ultima Online and Shadowbane that could be used in Atlas to make it a GREAT GAME not the current smut class game it currently is!  But an Honest to goodness respectable MMORPG instead of a Rust / Ark clone!

18 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

I disagree here law and order should not be player made it needs to be fixed in code game systems!

Well that is why I like natural laws better than human - role playing - laws...

First of all I am a pirate, therefore not only am I "marked red" from the start, I have a Jolly Roger - the red flag, so you know what will happen, yarr!!!

Also need no Letter of Marque, because I am a pirate and not a privateer that works for king and country...

A Siege Token, I have, it is round and heavy and made of lead...

And just so we understand the problem with any form of token to do anything.
That is like hiding torpedoes behind high resource cost, not a problem for a Mega in a survival MMO were it is literally needed to farm lots of resources and do lots of things to get lots of things... you are not stopping anything from happening with tokens... you just maybe keeping people away from participating in the game, while the problem continues.

On the other hand natural laws.
Cannot attack anything on a claimed island during peace time - nothing is stopping you, but the natural laws of the game, no one is cut out of the 'action', everyone is naturally the same.

Problem is the natural laws in the game are not good, going towards stupid and that is killing the game.

You want a siege token so someone can wipe someone else? No problem, there is no "expensive" in a survival MMO = still get wiped, still leave the game.
Because in the end the natural law of the game, that for example a cannon bear is OP against defense still stands... does not make a difference that it cost 10.000 Gold or what ever to use it on you...

4 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

Well that is why I like natural laws better than human - role playing - laws...

First of all I am a pirate, therefore not only am I "marked red" from the start, I have a Jolly Roger - the red flag, so you know what will happen, yarr!!!

Also need no Letter of Marque, because I am a pirate and not a privateer that works for king and country...

A Siege Token, I have, it is round and heavy and made of lead...

And just so we understand the problem with any form of token to do anything.
That is like hiding torpedoes behind high resource cost, not a problem for a Mega in a survival MMO were it is literally needed to farm lots of resources and do lots of things to get lots of things... you are not stopping anything from happening with tokens... you just maybe keeping people away from participating in the game, while the problem continues.

On the other hand natural laws.
Cannot attack anything on a claimed island during peace time - nothing is stopping you, but the natural laws of the game, no one is cut out of the 'action', everyone is naturally the same.

Problem is the natural laws in the game are not good, going towards stupid and that is killing the game.

You want a siege token so someone can wipe someone else? No problem, there is no "expensive" in a survival MMO = still get wiped, still leave the game.
Because in the end the natural law of the game, that for example a cannon bear is OP against defense still stands... does not make a difference that it cost 10.000 Gold or what ever to use it on you...

Natural Law clearly doesn't work....

Look no further then Atlas and Rust to see what natural law is... Just a pack of Griefers chasing everyone else out of the game!

• Like 1