Sign in to follow this  
Grongash

- AoD are now immune to anything except gun (non-puckle) and melee damage.

Still an odd choice that they're making maps, the only source of xp for leveling past about 40, REQUIRE bears. 

Do they expect a player doing a fine map to whip out a sword to kill 15 aod, with 4 to 6 warriors? 

Granted you couldn't do them without a bear or swivel before (even grenades weren't enough)  but at this point just call them bear content. 

Reduce the spawn by 80 to 90% and maybe players could kill them in man to man but a masterwork map spawns 50+ enemies... nobody is using a sword for that

1 hour ago, Archsenex said:

Still an odd choice that they're making maps, the only source of xp for leveling past about 40, REQUIRE bears. 

Do they expect a player doing a fine map to whip out a sword to kill 15 aod, with 4 to 6 warriors? 

Granted you couldn't do them without a bear or swivel before (even grenades weren't enough)  but at this point just call them bear content. 

Reduce the spawn by 80 to 90% and maybe players could kill them in man to man but a masterwork map spawns 50+ enemies... nobody is using a sword for that

I was doing them with a few walls and setting an oil jar on fire.   They went up like kindling.  Worked on any difficulty map (although I'd use bears for fine 🙂 )

Edited by Vardis

Atlas player melee combat is probably the most clunky, stilted and unsatisfying implementation in any major online game in the past 10 years (that's not hyperbole; it might literally be the worst). So, of course they would choose to drive player's to depend on it. If they want to see what melee combat should look like, they should look at Conan Exiles' melee update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwa6_dOqYzk

Or maybe spend $200 in the Unity asset store.

Edited by Kast

2 hours ago, Vardis said:

I was doing them with a few walls and setting an oil jar on fire.   They went up like kindling.  Worked on any difficulty map (although I'd use bears for fine 🙂 )

Good thing they nerfed that method too then.  Cant have anything taking away from the focus of our bear overlords.

Guns take 5 to 6 shots to kill one mob, so the 50+ from a masterwork will only take a few hours to work through (the map resets long before then)