tzhbami7

Connection Timeout on map change - Wrong seamless Data Port?

I have a little question about my config - I have a 3x3 grid. When I change the map with the raft i get a connection timeout and I can't rejoin the server until I connect to the server directly with ip + gamePort.

I'm wondering if I did something bad with the seamlessDataPort... Do they all have to be the same number? - In my example 27000 or do they have to be different? - like 27001, 27002, etc..

"ip": "5.5.5.5", <- allways the same ip in my case
      "name": "",
      "port": 57555,
      "gamePort": 5755,
      "seamlessDataPort": 27000,

Any hint?

1 hour ago, tzhbami7 said:

I have a little question about my config - I have a 3x3 grid. When I change the map with the raft i get a connection timeout and I can't rejoin the server until I connect to the server directly with ip + gamePort.

I'm wondering if I did something bad with the seamlessDataPort... Do they all have to be the same number? - In my example 27000 or do they have to be different? - like 27001, 27002, etc..

Any hint?

Are the server located on the same machine or different machines that connect to each other remotely?

I'm currently having this issue too. All instances on the same host, seamless ports unique to each grid server.

I'll post again once I have some time to dig into the issue (currently at work).

5 minutes ago, Dinenon said:

I'm currently having this issue too. All instances on the same host, seamless ports unique to each grid server.

I'll post again once I have some time to dig into the issue (currently at work).

If the servers are on the same machine you can just use the localhost ip of 127.0.0.1. You do not need anything else. If you are using multiple servers that have different external ip address you will need to put the ips in there.

1 hour ago, Patcher said:

Are the server located on the same machine or different machines that connect to each other remotely?

they are all on the same machine

1 hour ago, Patcher said:

If the servers are on the same machine you can just use the localhost ip of 127.0.0.1. You do not need anything else. If you are using multiple servers that have different external ip address you will need to put the ips in there.

mhh, I will later have other machines running as well, so I think I will have to set the ports.

48 minutes ago, tzhbami7 said:

they are all on the same machine

mhh, I will later have other machines running as well, so I think I will have to set the ports.

Well you have to set the ports no matter what. 127.0.0.1 will connect to the home server for seamless travel, but you can also set this as the external IP of the server. Make sure you not using a local network IP address. You will also need to make sure the port is open on the firewall.

54 minutes ago, Patcher said:

Well you have to set the ports no matter what. 127.0.0.1 will connect to the home server for seamless travel, but you can also set this as the external IP of the server. Make sure you not using a local network IP address. You will also need to make sure the port is open on the firewall.

ok - then I assume that I was right with assigning unique ports to each instance 🙂

15 minutes ago, tzhbami7 said:

ok - then I assume that I was right with assigning unique ports to each instance 🙂

ports have to be different for each instance per box is that makes sense.

Box 1

ports: server 1 seamless port 27000, server 2 seamless port 27001

Box 2  (can use the same ports since they are on a different dedi box

Ports: server 1 seamless port 27000, server 2 seamless port 27002

Edited by Patcher

Seamless ports are different on all of mine, across 2 machines. Still can't reconnect. There's got to be more to this!

43 minutes ago, smooreace said:

Seamless ports are different on all of mine, across 2 machines. Still can't reconnect. There's got to be more to this!

mhh - might be another stupid mistake from my side.

Not yet tested but I will give a try to MachineIdTag

"MachineIdTag": "XC_MACHINE_01",

Edited by tzhbami7

MachineTag is bullshit...

Redis FLUSHALL ^^ works for me

Every change you must clear out the DB...but the lue script in the RedisFolder dont work...

Edited by esditas

2 hours ago, esditas said:

MachineTag is bullshit...

Redis FLUSHALL ^^ works for me

Every change you must clear out the DB...but the lue script in the RedisFolder dont 

Is this different than using the clear all bat? Problem with this thus far has been causing a restart for players as they have to remake characters.

5 minutes ago, Atlasprime said:

Is this different than using the clear all bat? Problem with this thus far has been causing a restart for players as they have to remake characters.

Yes... full wipe DB o/

12 minutes ago, Atlasprime said:

I'm suffering the same issue with folks on my box. Question, how are you direct connecting. Via steam server menu?

yes - anyhow... what I saw is that sometimes the switching is working without an issue but sometimes not.. mhhh...

19 hours ago, tzhbami7 said:

Any hint?

Can you upload your ServerGrid.JSON when you get a chance?

I have no issues connecting to my server on my network, which is running 2x2 with ease, can go 3x3 .. Using external IP and can connect using LAN IP ..
But I can only play on the starting server, soon as I cross to another server, I cant move and eventually will Time Out, then I cant get back onto the server, then its either close all but the first server (starter) then I usually can spawn back there or wipe server ..
Surely there has to be a way to play on LAN fully..

Never had issues with GRAV that uses multiple servers, but you were teleported to them, they used the Unreal 3 engine ..

Edited by Wartai

6 hours ago, tzhbami7 said:

yes - anyhow... what I saw is that sometimes the switching is working without an issue but sometimes not.. mhhh...

Well that's a wrench...  My server seems to be working well atm. People are zoning from A1 to B1 np. Let us know if its still an issue. If so upload ur JSON and BATS (removing any passwords etc)

8 hours ago, Atlasprime said:

Well that's a wrench...  My server seems to be working well atm. People are zoning from A1 to B1 np. Let us know if its still an issue. If so upload ur JSON and BATS (removing any passwords etc)

mhh - just found out that the transfer goes ok if I restart the instance 😕 I will upload the config bit later. fyi. it's the official one "the big one" with updated ports and ips.

• Haha 1

Having same issue here, been working on it for hours, how to you flushall on the db?

4 hours ago, Crunch said:

Having same issue here, been working on it for hours, how to you flushall on the db?

mhh I wouldn't flush the db since you would lose a lot of stuff 😕 Did you try to restart the instance where you're going to travel?

I definitely have this issue using Nitrado servers, and they automatically set the seamless port, so I tend to think that there is a larger problem at play.  The main issue we're having is not cleaning zoning when there is a password on the server because the server you're moving to expects one, but it's not being passed anywhere.

yeah i've tried that, still same, as for losing stuff i have no problem with that, considering taking it down and starting fresh anyway