Jawa

How do I claim/steal abandoned animals?

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I can't seem to find it when searching. How do I claim abandoned tames? A company on my island has stopped playing, their base has decayed etc but they have several tames left that i wouldn't mind taking over.

I believe I saw a timer before stating when animals could be claimed but I don't see it anymore and it was some time ago since I last saw that. It might have been patched out.

So yeah, how do I steal another persons animals? I'm playing on EU PVP if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

o/

Yeah, That doesn't do anything. There is no options whatsoever beside the tames, I have no way of interacting with them. Does the kind of island I am on make a difference? I'm on a claimable island that does not have a current owner. Will that affect taming in any way?

This is all I see.

Is this because it's PVP?

Is this because I'm on a claimable island on a pvp server? I've heard people talking about claim timers on Freeports and I know i've seen claim timers in the past but I don't remember where or the circumstances.

This honestly seems like it should be a simple question to answer that I should be easily able to look up but it's not. The wiki says that it should be claimable but it's not, the company have messaged my company saying they don't play anymore and their entire base has decayed around them so the 8 day timer that the wiki says has long been met.

Thanks in advance.

Cant tame.jpg

2 hours ago, Wichtelman said:

stange cuz i did just that like 2 days ago...

On PvP? On a claimed Island? How would that even work? There is no timer on those animals.

if the island is still claimed even if the base is already decayed how are the tames still alive?

i did it on pvp in freeport and i saw a timer...

4 hours ago, Wichtelman said:

i did it on pvp in freeport and i saw a timer...

Freeport has diffrent rules! They added the claim-function and timer there a while ago. But afaik that is only for the freeport.
I think lawless is the same like claimed/unclaimed Island: the timer does not affect the animals.

"the eclipse" could you please remove your fake house above and around my tames, thank you. if you need animals just ask.

PVE - I just claimed 50 animals where the owner of an island left. The timer on their animals went down and we grabbed them the same as in lawless. I would like to know though, how did someone contest the flag before the decay timer was up? The upkeep was paid for the next 100 years with the gold they had in the bank. But they had their flag up before the decay timer counted down. Since the game is full of crap anyway, could someone please explain in detail how this is done. They will wipe it soon and change the rules anyhow.

thank you!

2 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

PVE - I just claimed 50 animals where the owner of an island left. The timer on their animals went down and we grabbed them the same as in lawless. I would like to know though, how did someone contest the flag before the decay timer was up? The upkeep was paid for the next 100 years with the gold they had in the bank. But they had their flag up before the decay timer counted down. Since the game is full of crap anyway, could someone please explain in detail how this is done. They will wipe it soon and change the rules anyhow.

thank you!

I'd just laser the crap out of those flags. If I was still playing.

Only checking the forum and hoping to see:

"ATLAS returns to their origin. Next weeks patch will turn the game 180 degrees and goes full back to where it was started. From here on, we as a devteam and all scallywags wich hang on to our desks, are hoping to give you all the experience a real pirate needs; PIRATING! No more zoos to maintain, just you and an eyepatch. A little deserted island to start on. And your own parrotghostthingy to get your ears trolled. Build your house, docks and ship. Go and sail into oblivion and discover the game AS INTENDED!. Welcome back ye ol' farts!"

Or something like that.