Sign in to follow this  
SailAway

New Atlas Mega transformation

Some ideas to bring this game back: (for official PVP)

-Close this 15x15 map and build a new 5x5 map with 4 Powerstone grids and 1 Kraken grid in the middle. So you fix long and boring travelling and force more people on one grid! (One for the main reasons why this game is dieing). You can have all bioms on 25 server and u dont have to copy paste islands somewhere.

-When player base starting to grow, add more grids.

-One island settlement per company, delete tax system. So small companies can build on big company islands for free. (So more action will come to get all ressources for legenday/mythical stuff)

-Level cap to 80 for more balancing in land fights, keep (reduced) player level when introducing the new 5x5 Map. (Everything over 100 totally needless, if you do not believe devs, try to fight a level 120 player)

-Anchored ships are invulnerable (ships should only fall in sea fights, losing mythical anchored ships to a canon bear is totally stupid) (Option to live on a ship is cool too)

-ship limit per company ~25 (cuz of the change above)

-Breeding tames can not be killed when standing close to the flag, island settlement have to fall first. So you dont lose the only 2 valuable things in the game to some griefers in 30 min (tames and good ships)

-and the stuff you should fix since 2 months (range of canons on bear; increase damage from firearms to tames; not adding useless stuff like cats; grenade stuff; stealing unanchored ships should take max 30min....)

If you keep the old map and system, this game will die very soon. Think about this: Why should you farm good ships or breed 10 generations, when you can lose it so fast ?! Why should you go out with your ship, when noone is there to fight ?! Going to a raid vs and enemy company 9 server away, very nice, only takes 2 hours one way!

So start working on your game and get things right. Good luck!

Add a mechanic where raider dont wipe you complete.

Maybe they just break in to get some BPs and then left. Everything else, like your ressource Box/Smithys whatever should stay intact.

If I get raided and my BPs are gone, okay, I can live with that. But if I get raided and all tames, all ressources, all ships, all constructions except maybe some walls are gone then Im mostly gonna quis this game.

Since all the stuff is mostly to heavy to steal it, most raider just drop it on the floor for despawning.

A mechanic like, in the radius of your flag, everything that is dropped, automatically get stored in your flag when it despawn. To prevent abusing, everyone (raiders too) should access the inventory of the flag

Another person saying this game will die soon because of this and that. I always like your kind. It seems to me that you’re best scenario is unofficial, yet you want to change official into it. That’s totally cool, but to demand from the devs to turn around one of their USP’s for the sake of ‘less boring’ is never going to happen. 

I’m not really sure what people are doing wrong because of the long travels. I don’t have to travel longer than 30 mins or something like that. Ofcourse I can be hours at sea when farming sotd or a treasure marathon, but that’s my own choice. I get a bit tired of the people constantly complaining about the boring and long hours when traveling at sea in a damn pirate game. 

The level cap is a bit stupid since people have been complaining about the skill points since day one. The argument or ‘try fighting a level 120’ is a bit stupid aswell, seems to me that you want the devs to change the game because of attributes you lack. 

The idea for tames was to make them not important at all, to make them invunerable during raids until a settlement falls is just plain stupid and can be abused badly in defense ways. During PvP you can lose tames yes, that’s normal in a damn PvP game. (Again, seems to me the devs need to change it for attributes you lack or simply cannot deliver). 

Since the introduction of the OP tames, our gold storage went not only through 1 roof, but to 10. Not to mention the fact we can build complete galleons easily within a day (when solo’ing, not even going to mention how fast in a group). So I’m not into stuff that is going to help that even more. As for the invincible ships when anchored, yes that could work out, but only if the invincible kicks in 30 seconds after the anchor has been dropped otherwise it will be abused badly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SailAway said:

Some ideas to bring this game back: (for official PVP)

-Close this 15x15 map and build a new 5x5 map with 4 Powerstone grids and 1 Kraken grid in the middle. So you fix long and boring travelling and force more people on one grid! (One for the main reasons why this game is dieing). You can have all bioms on 25 server and u dont have to copy paste islands somewhere.

-When player base starting to grow, add more grids.

-One island settlement per company, delete tax system. So small companies can build on big company islands for free. (So more action will come to get all ressources for legenday/mythical stuff)

-Level cap to 80 for more balancing in land fights, keep (reduced) player level when introducing the new 5x5 Map. (Everything over 100 totally needless, if you do not believe devs, try to fight a level 120 player)

-Anchored ships are invulnerable (ships should only fall in sea fights, losing mythical anchored ships to a canon bear is totally stupid) (Option to live on a ship is cool too)

-ship limit per company ~25 (cuz of the change above)

-Breeding tames can not be killed when standing close to the flag, island settlement have to fall first. So you dont lose the only 2 valuable things in the game to some griefers in 30 min (tames and good ships)

-and the stuff you should fix since 2 months (range of canons on bear; increase damage from firearms to tames; not adding useless stuff like cats; grenade stuff; stealing unanchored ships should take max 30min....)

If you keep the old map and system, this game will die very soon. Think about this: Why should you farm good ships or breed 10 generations, when you can lose it so fast ?! Why should you go out with your ship, when noone is there to fight ?! Going to a raid vs and enemy company 9 server away, very nice, only takes 2 hours one way!

So start working on your game and get things right. Good luck!

Mostly decent suggestions, except 2 things.

1. PvP hasnt gone anywhere, its alive and well. This is ignoring the fact that the game yet to release can't die. Although player count is 100% irrelevant right now,  I maintain that the game is better with less than 5,000 players. 1,000-3,000 is probably the sweet spot.

2. The map wont, and shouldn't change size. Its a core concept of the game. The only modicum of defense you have right now is a time sink to get from your base to mine. Squeezing

54 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Mostly decent suggestions, except 2 things.

1. PvP hasnt gone anywhere, its alive and well. This is ignoring the fact that the game yet to release can't die. Although player count is 100% irrelevant right now,  I maintain that the game is better with less than 5,000 players. 1,000-3,000 is probably the sweet spot.

2. The map wont, and shouldn't change size. Its a core concept of the game. The only modicum of defense you have right now is a time sink to get from your base to mine. Squeezing

People are a bit blindfolded because of the good start. Before the Twitch hype, I believe a good 10K people knew about the game. After that with Shroud and other bit streamers it went through the roof, but that wasn’t to be expected beforehand. So everything around 5K is decent enough.