Sign in to follow this  
AntonyVW

Nice to see some new things coming BUT

@Jatheish @Dollie Its nice to see more new content coming in mega patch 3 BUT WHEN are you going to fix the problem where when you demolish a ceiling/roof or wall,  you end up losing other panels elsewhere? I recently demolished a house and ended up spending more time repairing the damage from lost the losses than I did rebuilding the new house. this is not a small issue but a major one. And yes I have put in a bug report as has many other people.

Honestly I'm not sure why this isn't being treated like the game breaking bug that it is.

It's very disheartening when a quarter of my base comes crashing down whenever I demolish a ceiling tile on a separate structure on the far side of the beach that isn't even connected to my base, and then to see them put out patch after patch and still not address this two months later.

Edited by Kidori

They're welcome to visit our base since it's pretty easy to reproduce there. Just demolish a ceiling tile then turn around and replace 6 others. Every freaking time.

23 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I suspect with it not being an easy to reproduce bug that it is not easy to identify the cause of the issue.

Dollie had said that they had found a repro of the bug and were going to see what they could do about it. They then put a patch out that was meant to fix it but didn't work. We've had silence since, except for an acknowledgment that they know the patch didn't fix it.

Edited by Kidori

4 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I suspect with it not being an easy to reproduce bug that it is not easy to identify the cause of the issue.

Of course its reproduceable. It happens every single time I demolish anything. I would much prefer they put effort into solving this than putting out mega patch 3

8 hours ago, AntonyVW said:

Of course its reproduceable. It happens every single time I demolish anything. I would much prefer they put effort into solving this than putting out mega patch 3

It may be reproduceable with luck. Unless of course you can explain the reason it doesn't happen every signle time for every single person in the game, then you'd have the information to make it 100% reproduceable.

It's still a problem. I had my garden on a balcony. After the 5. time I had to replace the half garden, I moved him on the roof.

it was before and after that small patch for that issue who didn't help anything.

I'm sure they will fix it. It taked three months, but after several patches the tames don't glitch thru foundations anymore. So when we are patient, we will see that bug get fixed too.

Btw: same problem with the ceilings was in ark too... Nothing new.

15 hours ago, AntonyVW said:

@Jatheish @Dollie Its nice to see more new content coming in mega patch 3 BUT WHEN are you going to fix the problem where when you demolish a ceiling/roof or wall,  you end up losing other panels elsewhere? I recently demolished a house and ended up spending more time repairing the damage from lost the losses than I did rebuilding the new house. this is not a small issue but a major one. And yes I have put in a bug report as has many other people.

They have separate teams for bugs VS content additions. As artists will mainly be working on the new content and the nicer aspects; they aren't hired or may not have the knowledge to fix the bugs reported. That's where the development team comes in to fix those. So seeing bugs fixed and new content is nice and shows utilization of all available resources :).

Some bugs are difficult to replicate in a stage where you can find the error. Even if you can just see it happening. Each issue comes with its own complexities and they will be ensuring it doesn't have any nasty side effects in their fix as often happens in development.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ExploreAtlas said:

They have separate teams for bugs VS content additions. As artists will mainly be working on the new content and the nicer aspects; they aren't hired or may not have the knowledge to fix the bugs reported. That's where the development team comes in to fix those. So seeing bugs fixed and new content is nice and shows utilization of all available resources :).

Some bugs are difficult to replicate in a stage where you can find the error. Even if you can just see it happening. Each issue comes with its own complexities and they will be ensuring it doesn't have any nasty side effects in their fix as often happens in development.

Yes and No. There is as example no reason why the ppl that create yet again new islands nobody asked for - use that time instead to revisit all the excisting Islands and work them over in terms of spawns and shores. They are after all the ppl that messed that up in the first place.

Ofc nobody expects the one that created yet another new creature nobody asked for - to go and fix bugs like the one mentioned above.

12 hours ago, Sinappia said:

Yes and No. There is as example no reason why the ppl that create yet again new islands nobody asked for - use that time instead to revisit all the excisting Islands and work them over in terms of spawns and shores. They are after all the ppl that messed that up in the first place.

Ofc nobody expects the one that created yet another new creature nobody asked for - to go and fix bugs like the one mentioned above.

Heavy re-work on existing assets would most likely require a wipe or softwipe in some way. This is something that they would need to think about long term.

Just now, ExploreAtlas said:

Heavy re-work on existing assets would most likely require a wipe or softwipe in some way. This is something that they would need to think about long term.

I agree when it comes to the water areas and the rework - probably will need a wipe. even though we all reported this allrdy season 1 and on the PTR. And the new Islands they keep bringing are not better in any way (regarding both problems).

Reworking the ressource-spawns does not need a wipe. They've done that before.

there's an rather easy way to fix the game: redesign the map layout!

For example:

1. player islands on the outer ring
2. first inner rings have rare resources not available on player islands and are claimable
3. next inner rings and the farther you go to the center the rarer resources you will find
4. player islands are raidable, but not claimable - on successful raid your company gets x% of target companies resources
5. fix Server lag which always happen when a lot of players travel accross hardware (not sure if you dev's noticed that), do you have your kubernetes right?
6. Party hard!

oh ... and 7: remove Torpedos and add something that actually makes sense like new Ship types.

that's it. Otherwise I don't see a future in Atlas given the player base is 3 digits and counting towards bottom with Summer ahead.

On 6/20/2019 at 2:53 PM, AntonyVW said:

The fallacy of this statement is the underlying assumption this is an either/or proposition. Since the people who fix bugs and the people who design new content aren't the same people, not putting out new content would do absolutely nothing to speed up solving the bug. And before you say hire more bug fixers and fewer new content people, you should be aware of 2 things:

1. The MMO which fails to continue to produce new content, particularly six months into a 2 year EA cycle dies, period, regardless of any other considerations.

2. Industry experience has shown that more people working on fixing bugs often fails to result in bugs getting fixed faster and in fact seems just as likely to produce the opposite effect.

The bug is surely annoying. The fact they can't get it fixed as fast as we would like is frustrating, but they are aware of it and obviously working on it.