Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

False Representation.

How many people are making alts to falsely inflate their companies and to generate false taxes in their own settlements?

• Confused 4

and ? how does it affect you in anyway ? answer it doesnt , if players want to buy more copies of the game to make alts or use family and friends then its their choice , 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

How many people are making alts to falsely inflate their companies and to generate false taxes in their own settlements?

My kid plays with me from time to time, but I doubt many people are going to dump 30 bucks per alt to fluff their numbers. If they do, well they spent the money so..whats the big deal?

1 hour ago, UDO said:

and ? how does it affect you in anyway ? answer it doesnt , if players want to buy more copies of the game to make alts or use family and friends then its their choice , 

It's cheating and exploiting mate.  Simple as that. 

If I'm playing on an Official Server.. and people are doing this, they are giving themselves an advantage that normally, other players cannot have.  There's a reason it's 1 character per account.

It is also bypassing the rules of settlement ownership, by simply falsely inflating your own companies, which exist purely of one person with multiple accounts. Not 50 or 100.. but for the most part 5-10 with 5 accounts each. Opens up the ability to take multiple islands that normally people cannot get access to.  Why even bother having island point systems, if it's okay..

But thanks for admitting that you do this Udo.  That's all I'm really interested in, not your way of twisting the game mechanics and rules to your own advantage.

Family and Friends is completely seperate, so long as they are actually playing the game.  So a Man, his Wife and 5 children, all on 7 computers, playing on a server is totally fine. 

Otherwise, not so much.

Edited by Martyn
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Martyn said:

Is this actually happening? Or is this something you are worried about happening, just like you were worried about people being able to fast travel to your ship using your beds when they aren't in your company just because people can now board ships? Which still makes my mind boggle how such a thing could become a worry in the first place.

How on earth does having an alt lead to more taxes? If anything, it just means larger islands get occupied freeing up cheaper ones for those of us who don't use alts.

Of the game systems that need to be improved, worrying about paid alt accounts is pretty close to the bottom of the list. Also, how different is an alt account from someone that joined your company and is no longer playing?

I'm not sure what you would be gaining even if you did have alt accounts or a lot of inactive accounts in your company granting you more claim points to claim a bigger island or multiple islands. You still have less active players helping to pay for the upkeep (assuming the island isn't already paying for itself with treasure/harvest tax/bonus).

1 hour ago, LunningStooks said:

How on earth does having an alt lead to more taxes? If anything, it just means larger islands get occupied freeing up cheaper ones for those of us who don't use alts.

People use them to form alternative companies, which then settle the same islands as their mains.  Thus producing taxes for themselves when they grind.  ie The alts are the resource gatherers, the mains are the questers and hunters etc.

6 minutes ago, Vurmis said:

Of the game systems that need to be improved, worrying about paid alt accounts is pretty close to the bottom of the list. Also, how different is an alt account from someone that joined your company and is no longer playing?

I'm not sure what you would be gaining even if you did have alt accounts or a lot of inactive accounts in your company granting you more claim points to claim a bigger island or multiple islands. You still have less active players helping to pay for the upkeep (assuming the island isn't already paying for itself with treasure/harvest tax/bonus).

Inactive accounts should be auto removed after 10 days imo.  Same as buildings/tames. Companies that can no longer support their islands should then loose them.

• Sad 1

They more or less just changed that you can be offline longer And go on holidays or so And still keep your stuff. If People stop playing their stuff gets removed anyway After 10 days or so. Only stuff that is beneficial is 20% more Ressources they Ft in their Islands. Still Need to Farm blueprints from Other Islands with normal Harvest.

Tbh anyone willing to buy another copy of the game for a whole 2 extra *Insert resource name* for every 10 they gather by hand should be allowed lmao.

MARTYN what do you say about having alts just for crafting and such??? Just to have the building skills so your main can spec into world skills?? I think if people want to buy more copies they should be able to. Alot of small and solo players would not be here without alts and we need more people in this game.

10 hours ago, Martyn said:

If I'm playing on an Official Server.. and people are doing this, they are giving themselves an advantage that normally, other players cannot have.  There's a reason it's 1 character per account.

It is also bypassing the rules of settlement ownership, by simply falsely inflating your own companies, which exist purely of one person with multiple accounts. Not 50 or 100.. but for the most part 5-10 with 5 accounts each. Opens up the ability to take multiple islands that normally people cannot get access to.  Why even bother having island point systems, if it's okay..

But thanks for admitting that you do this Udo.  That's all I'm really interested in, not your way of twisting the game mechanics and rules to your own advantage.

Family and Friends is completely seperate, so long as they are actually playing the game.  So a Man, his Wife and 5 children, all on 7 computers, playing on a server is totally fine. 

Otherwise, not so much.

not cheating at all they bought and paid for a second account who are you to say how they use it or what they buy as long as they have bought and paid for a second account they are free to play the game with it , join any company with it , 

10 hours ago, Martyn said:

Otherwise, not so much.

in no way did i say i do this or even have a second account , throwing around accusations to suit your flawed view of this in no way makes it true , as u can see from the replies to this thread noone agrees with u ....

16 hours ago, Martyn said:

People use them to form alternative companies, which then settle the same islands as their mains.  Thus producing taxes for themselves when they grind.  ie The alts are the resource gatherers, the mains are the questers and hunters etc.

Inactive accounts should be auto removed after 10 days imo.  Same as buildings/tames. Companies that can no longer support their islands should then loose them.

Lol, first off it would take someone with a bunch of disposable income to buy enough alts to make a difference, second, regardless, they still BOUGHT AND PAID FOR the account, its not like they are using a hacked account.

Third, your comment about inactive account? That is a lawsuit buddy. If a person purchases and pays for anything, and it is NOT stipulated as reoccuring or subscription, they cannot legally remove a paid account unless it is stipulated in their TOS. What about people who go on a two week vacation? What about soldiers deployed overseas? What about people who go out of town for work? Lol, that is a ridiculous statement. No offense, but I get the impression you are a young player. 

23 hours ago, Martyn said:

I don't know if this question is just ignorance or humor......

Edited by sgzeroone

19 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Lol, first off it would take someone with a bunch of disposable income to buy enough alts to make a difference, second, regardless, they still BOUGHT AND PAID FOR the account, its not like they are using a hacked account.

Third, your comment about inactive account? That is a lawsuit buddy. If a person purchases and pays for anything, and it is NOT stipulated as reoccuring or subscription, they cannot legally remove a paid account unless it is stipulated in their TOS. What about people who go on a two week vacation? What about soldiers deployed overseas? What about people who go out of town for work? Lol, that is a ridiculous statement. No offense, but I get the impression you are a young player. 

What about.. Yep.

Obviously legit accounts are perfectly acceptable.  I'm not talking about legit accounts.

I'm talking about cheaters.. falsely promoting their companies with alts to bypass island points.

Not lawsuits matey, Blizzard, ubisoft, ea.. wildcard.. they all remove your account depending on server type after a period of time.  10 days should be the applicable time period.  I'm not suggesting they block an account, or even delete the players avatar.. but they should remove these exploiters from the game, since they are no longer active within it.

As for me being a "young" player.. silly insults will get you nowhere and thanks for the compliment.  Lets just say I've been married for 22 yrs.  Give you some idea of how young I am.

9 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

I don't know if this question is just ignorance or humor......

Is that a yes then?

Edited by Martyn
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, UDO said:

not cheating at all they bought and paid for a second account who are you to say how they use it or what they buy as long as they have bought and paid for a second account they are free to play the game with it , join any company with it , 

in no way did i say i do this or even have a second account , throwing around accusations to suit your flawed view of this in no way makes it true , as u can see from the replies to this thread noone agrees with u ....

If a hundred billion people said one thing and one said the opposite who is right?

Yep.. might does not make right.

You know the truth, you just can't accept it.  1 person pretending to be 2 people or more, online in a game, where everyone is represented by 1 avatar.. 1 character.  Is cheating.

It always has been.. having extra cards, extra die, extra accounts.. has always, been cheating.

The island rules system is designed so that companies, legitimately made up of single players can be settled and owned by these legitimate groups.  Now you're suggesting, that rich people can come along, buy multiple accounts and bypass the rules? Why because they're rich? Doesn't work like that. A cheater is a cheat.  These people should be perma banned on all their accounts. 

I'd actually suggest a different way of making companies.  It could still be exploited, but it would make doing so much harder.  Put a level minimum limit on people who can even join or form a company to say lv 55.  Then they would have to get all of their alts to 55 in order to exploit the system.

Edited by Martyn
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Obviously legit accounts are perfectly acceptable.  I'm not talking about legit accounts.

Are you talking about hacked steam accounts? Like stolen game keys? If so, then yes, they can not only ban that account in game but in steam as well. If you are talking about people buying additional accounts then no, they cannot. If you seriously think people are buying copies of the game to fluff their taxes, you have way too much time on your hands and your tinfoil hat is loose. I promise you this is a non issue lol. 

Those other game management software (blizzard, ubisoft, etc.) have that specifically in their TOS (blizzard because WOW is supscription), steam does not have that stipulation. 

Edit: Dude you are double posting to defend a completely ridiculous suggestion. Regardless of what someone else does with their money, if it is bought and paid for, it is NONE OF YOUR CONCERN. You are making no sense and honestly making a fool of yourself. You can throw yourself on the ground and hold your breath in a temper tantrum, but still does not make you right. You post is ridiculous and everyone tried nicely to explain why. Now you are just flaming like a troll. 

Edited by =MGC=Ranger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Are you talking about hacked steam accounts? Like stolen game keys? If so, then yes, they can not only ban that account in game but in steam as well. If you are talking about people buying additional accounts then no, they cannot. If you seriously think people are buying copies of the game to fluff their taxes, you have way too much time on your hands and your tinfoil hat is loose. I promise you this is a non issue lol. 

Those other game management software (blizzard, ubisoft, etc.) have that specifically in their TOS (blizzard because WOW is supscription), steam does not have that stipulation. 

How little you know.

• Sad 1

I think OP is talking about mega companies that use multiple alts to takeover other islands besides the one they are on.

the Megas don’t actually play that alt it’s only used for pure numbers which on that case it’s not a cheat but a possible exploit!

Sorry OP but Having multiple accounts that are legitimate copies of the game are not a cheat. There is NO rule that states One copy of ATLAS per person nor does steam limit you to only one account per person either. 

There is no doubt that it can create and advantage but that is the fault of the games rules not alts.  

Padding your resources can easily be prevented by not having the TAX Additive. 

Thats the only true advantage I see but don't the taxes come from settlers? This would mean they would actually have to play these alts.  I guess you would put multiboxing into the realm of cheating then?  

I'm assuming they can axe these company members after purchasing the island or can you lose an island if members leave and you no longer have enough points?

If you can still keep an island after purchase despite the number of members and company points then again a flaw in the game not alts.

Buying an Island you could not normally afford well yeah you get the island but on a PVP server unless your some super multiboxer defending that island would probably be better done by Actual players not some number boosting alt.

You know people do have families and you know fathers, sons, daughters, brothers, etc. do play together and there are mutliple computer households. So I would like to know how you would suggest the game developers actually enforce the rediculous limitation your proposing without banning the legitimate playerbase of the game. 

Hell at least these people are supporting the game while you want to actually kill off even more of it's playerbase.

I mean for PVE 20% extra Ressources Dont bother. For PvP they might get 20% more but also Need to Switch back to their Main if they get Attacked while Farming. 

First up, you need like 10 members in a company to increase your island points from 150, so thats 200 bucks you need to spend.

Secondly, when you farm on an island with say 30% taxes, then you farm 30% less mats, difference is just if the flag gets 30% resources or not, so no fake resources either.

11 hours ago, Hakaisha89 said:

First up, you need like 10 members in a company to increase your island points from 150, so thats 200 bucks you need to spend.

Secondly, when you farm on an island with say 30% taxes, then you farm 30% less mats, difference is just if the flag gets 30% resources or not, so no fake resources either.

This is only true on PVP. On PVE its 20% max, and it doesn't get subtracted from harvested resources.

no reason for this ridulous thread so they get a bigger island because they bought more accounts , then they remove alt from company and get a measly 20% more resources , how does that affect u in anyway on PVE ? answer it doesnt  <------------- im taking a guess this is what u are gettting worked up about .

Edited by UDO