Sign in to follow this  
sgzeroone

Ship Rope Ladders

Is it just me or are the rope you climb to get off and on your ship completely buggy since a few days ago?   Just wondering if anyone else is having problem just getting back on their ships.  It's really getting annoying and I have been playing other games because of it.   Spending 10-15 mins trying to glitch back onto my ship through a ladder bug is annoying as all hell.

If that happens I look right at the top of the ladder and then press E to climb.  Works pretty well. It was getting so buggy I was slapping a wooden ladder on the back of the ship to avoid being trapped on land.  Must remember a grappling hook though!

While we're at it, on a galleon, you can't climb the ladder when it is positioned on the right side right in front of the raised part of the planks at the stern.

You always become stuck below the lowest deck when trying to climb.

Left side ladder in the same spot works just fine.

Maybe somebody forgot to mirror the collision bodies there?

Edited by user1

1 hour ago, Coggage said:

If that happens I look right at the top of the ladder and then press E to climb.  Works pretty well. It was getting so buggy I was slapping a wooden ladder on the back of the ship to avoid being trapped on land.  Must remember a grappling hook though!

Does that work on a Galleon too?   Cause I usually get up eventually, if the sharks dont kill me first.

I haven't had any issues with the stern emergency built-in ladder (seems to work best), but I have a hell of a time with any rope ladders I've placed on the side of the ship. Between vertical movement with the waves and the ladder insisting on showing "Options" as the priority over "Climb" I've died many times to sharks.

Anytime I go overboard in open sea where sharks are a possibility I always bring a grappling hook now. They spawn so quickly and in such numbers that it can quickly become impossible to get on a ladder (sharks also knock you off and away ...)

4 hours ago, sgzeroone said:

Is it just me or are the rope you climb to get off and on your ship completely buggy since a few days ago?   Just wondering if anyone else is having problem just getting back on their ships.  It's really getting annoying and I have been playing other games because of it.   Spending 10-15 mins trying to glitch back onto my ship through a ladder bug is annoying as all hell.

Been buggy as hell for weeks.  Esp the left hand/port side rope ladders on galleons.  But then galleon is still broken at the front as well.. so..

Yeah, so glad were getting cats to tame, but forget trying to get on your ship with any ease.  (I won't rant about how stupid the cat as a new creature is)

Grapple Hooks are a good work around, seems like the best thing.  Wish I could use the rear ladder but my aft cannon setup gets in the way of getting on the ship that way.

Hopefully this bug gets fixed and doesn't become a permanent bug like so many did in Ark.

Edited by sgzeroone